Will they ever calm down?

Old August 20th 05, 11:43 PM
ensoul

Default Will they ever calm down?

first time we ever had 2 cats...went to the SPCA said we wanted 2 that
got along well and knew each other...so we got 2 brothers 8 months
old...the first week they were super loving with us....now all they do
is sleep and if not sleeping they are fighting as in snarling at each
other, biting, and claws drawn ...they tear the the place apart, really
bad....they have many toys, we play with them every night...they have
seperate bowls and seperate litter boxes....SPCA said they couldn't be
kept apart cuz they were so loving to each other...HA!

we use a sharp no w/a squirt gun

at night we end up putting them in the spare bdrm because of the damage
and the noise (we live in an apartment complex)

any ideas much appreciated

ensoul

Old August 20th 05, 11:58 PM
Candace

ensoul wrote:
first time we ever had 2 cats...went to the SPCA said we wanted 2 that
got along well and knew each other...so we got 2 brothers 8 months
old...the first week they were super loving with us....now all they do
is sleep and if not sleeping they are fighting as in snarling at each
other, biting, and claws drawn ...they tear the the place apart, really
bad....they have many toys, we play with them every night...they have
seperate bowls and seperate litter boxes....SPCA said they couldn't be
kept apart cuz they were so loving to each other...HA!

we use a sharp no w/a squirt gun

at night we end up putting them in the spare bdrm because of the damage
and the noise (we live in an apartment complex)

any ideas much appreciated

ensoul

Are they play-fighting and it just gets rough or is it real fighting?
If it's the former, boys will be boys and they are still kittens. But
if it's real fighting, I don't know. Someone will have some ideas.
All I can think of is feliway to maybe calm them down a bit.

Candace

Old August 21st 05, 04:34 PM
---MIKE---

Have they been neutered? If not, this would calm them down (but it
would take a few weeks to have any effect).

---MIKE---
In the White Mountains of New Hampshire
(44=B0 15' N - Elevation 1580')

Old August 24th 05, 01:07 AM