Organic cat food

Old February 27th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

Default Organic cat food

Happened on this stuff by chance at a discount grocery where I picked it up
for half of the MSRP. The cats can't get enough of it. Sniffing the open bag
it's almost appetizing to this dumb hoomin. SIGH. Even if I could afford it
at the normal price, it's not sold locally. Your cat(s) would probably love
it.

http://www.castorpolluxpet.com/store...feline_formula

Old February 28th 07, 03:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 27, 3:58?pm, "Pat"
wrote:
Happened on this stuff by chance at a discount grocery where I picked it up
for half of the MSRP. The cats can't get enough of it. Sniffing the open bag
it's almost appetizing to this dumb hoomin. SIGH. Even if I could afford it
at the normal price, it's not sold locally. Your cat(s) would probably love
it.

http://www.castorpolluxpet.com/store...ult_feline_for...

Of course my cats would love it. They love anything that has an
astronomical price tag, and is virtually impossible to locate. I just
hope they don't hear about it. :-) :-)
Seriously, it sounds like good cat food. Among other chemicals and
icky stuff, it has always irritated me particularly how some cat food
makers put all that dye in their food. Sounds like this food would
have *no* unnecessary junk in it.
Cat food....I know a lot of people don't approve of the
nutritional content of Science Diet, esp. the corn content. But about
six months ago, Science Diet agreed to provide our shelter with free
food, ONLY if we feed Science Diet exclusively and give away sample
packs to adoptors. I am AMAZED at the difference in the cats & dogs.
They tell me clean-up is so much easier now too. No puking either.
Quality food *does* make a difference, a visible difference.. Before,
we bought whatever we could, got whatever was donated by Purina, by
and large mostly low-quality stuff.
I'm not saying everybody ought to feed Science Diet, just that the few
dollars extra to buy as good a quality food as you can afford makes a
big difference. And just like us, I believe the pets will live longer,
healthier lives. I know I"m starting to sound like a commercial, so
I'll stop now.

Sherry

Old February 28th 07, 04:23 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Sherry wrote:
Of course my cats would love it. They love anything that has an
astronomical price tag, and is virtually impossible to locate. I just
hope they don't hear about it. :-) :-)

Ours are the opposite. They won't touch the uber-premium stuff and I'm
sure would love to be fed nothing but whiskas. ;-)

Seriously, it sounds like good cat food. Among other chemicals and

I love the organic part, but I don't like the fact that it has grains in
it. The kibble we feed them is Innova Evo, which does not contain any
grains at all.

Quality food *does* make a difference, a visible difference.. Before,

Absolutely! I just really don't want to feed corn to my crew.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 28th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Sherry" wrote

"Pat" wrote:
| Happened on this stuff by chance at a discount grocery where I picked it
up
| for half of the MSRP. The cats can't get enough of it. Sniffing the open
bag
| it's almost appetizing to this dumb hoomin. SIGH. Even if I could afford
it
| at the normal price, it's not sold locally. Your cat(s) would probably
love
| it.
|
| http://www.castorpolluxpet.com/store...ult_feline_for...
|
| Of course my cats would love it. They love anything that has an
| astronomical price tag, and is virtually impossible to locate. I just
| hope they don't hear about it. :-) :-)

Here it's already too late. If the discount store doesn't sell out their
supply before I get some more money, I'll be able to stave off the end of
our small supply for a while. It's quite rare that the local discount store
has any decent dry cat food. They did have a bag of Iams recently, 8 lbs.
for $6, and before that they had some Purina One, 8 lbs. for $4. This
clowder likes the new find, which was $4.50 for 3 lbs. (and that is 50%
off).

| Seriously, it sounds like good cat food. Among other chemicals and
| icky stuff, it has always irritated me particularly how some cat food
| makers put all that dye in their food. Sounds like this food would
| have *no* unnecessary junk in it.

You're right, it does not.

| Cat food....I know a lot of people don't approve of the
| nutritional content of Science Diet, esp. the corn content. But about
| six months ago, Science Diet agreed to provide our shelter with free
| food, ONLY if we feed Science Diet exclusively and give away sample
| packs to adoptors. I am AMAZED at the difference in the cats & dogs.
| They tell me clean-up is so much easier now too. No puking either.
| Quality food *does* make a difference, a visible difference.. Before,
| we bought whatever we could, got whatever was donated by Purina, by
| and large mostly low-quality stuff.

I noticed more puking with Purina One than with Iams, and more puking with
Iams than with Organix (no puking at all so far, in 4 days).

| I'm not saying everybody ought to feed Science Diet, just that the few
| dollars extra to buy as good a quality food as you can afford makes a
| big difference. And just like us, I believe the pets will live longer,
| healthier lives. I know I"m starting to sound like a commercial, so
| I'll stop now.

This is what troubles me. Now that I know - and more importantly, the cats
know - about this very expensive food, I am not going to be able to feed
them anything of lesser quality without feeling really bad about it. And I
know they will hate me for it...

But how in the world can I afford 3-4 times more than I already pay for
catfood PLUS SHIPPING? I am already thinking about how I might get by on
less/cheaper food myself

Old February 28th 07, 04:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Victor Martinez" wrote

| I love the organic part, but I don't like the fact that it has grains in
| it. The kibble we feed them is Innova Evo, which does not contain any
| grains at all.

I don't see any grains listed in the ingredients of the Organix kibble.....

Old February 28th 07, 05:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Victor Martinez

Pat wrote:
I don't see any grains listed in the ingredients of the Organix kibble.....

Organic Barley, Organic Brown Rice

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old February 28th 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Feb 27, 9:23�pm, Victor Martinez wrote:
Sherry wrote:
Of course my cats would love it. They love anything that has an
astronomical price tag, and is virtually impossible to locate. I just
hope they don't hear about it. :-) *:-)

Ours are the opposite. They won't touch the uber-premium stuff and I'm
sure would love to be fed nothing but whiskas. ;-)

Seriously, it sounds like good cat food. Among other chemicals and

I love the organic part, but I don't like the fact that it has grains in
it. The kibble we feed them is Innova Evo, which does not contain any
grains at all.

Quality food *does* make a difference, a visible difference.. Before,

Absolutely! I just really don't want to feed corn to my crew.

I know. I don't feed SD here for that reason. But it's a major step
upwards for those poor shelter cats.
Lately we're cooling off on our we-loved-it-last-week brand. I think
I've seen Innova at Petsmart. I'll give it a try.
I still don't get why the organic cat food has peas in it.

Sherry

Old February 28th 07, 06:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Victor Martinez" wrote

| Pat wrote:
| I don't see any grains listed in the ingredients of the Organix
kibble.....

| Organic Barley, Organic Brown Rice

Ooops. Well, these are better than corn, and are not the main ingredients
either.

How much does Innova Evo cost, and is it readily available in places like
PetsMart?

Old February 28th 07, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jo Firey

"Pat" wrote in message
et...
This is what troubles me. Now that I know - and more importantly, the cats
know - about this very expensive food, I am not going to be able to feed
them anything of lesser quality without feeling really bad about it. And I
know they will hate me for it...

But how in the world can I afford 3-4 times more than I already pay for
catfood PLUS SHIPPING? I am already thinking about how I might get by on
less/cheaper food myself

I know you don't really have the money to stock up on a bargain like this
cat food, but if you can get a few bags of it, you might save it to mix in
with something else.

We mix two or three cat foods together all the time. Not so much because of
the cats, but because Charlie is worried they will get bored with a plain
single flavor premium food.

He is convinced they "like" Delicat better than the Nutro I buy for them.
(I swear they turn up their noses at it plain) It has cool flavors and
colors and shapes. So we mix the dry food 1/3 delicat, 1/3 Nutro seafood
something flavor and 1/3 Nutro lamb. All our cats have been pretty healthy
on it.

Jo

Old February 28th 07, 06:35 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Jo Firey" wrote

| I know you don't really have the money to stock up on a bargain like this
| cat food, but if you can get a few bags of it, you might save it to mix in
| with something else.
|
| We mix two or three cat foods together all the time. Not so much because
of
| the cats, but because Charlie is worried they will get bored with a plain
| single flavor premium food.

I've always mixed 3-4-5 different types of kibble together to fill their
dish, too (occasionally one of them will be a premium-brand food meant for
small breed puppies, which is very similar to cat food in composition). But
I've been feeding this organic cat food by itself, hoping to see a change in
Baby Eye's chronic skin condition. There's enough to last another week or
so, and that should be enough time to see if it makes a difference for her.
By then I will have a bit more money, too, and will try to get more of this
food. I heard an employee at the discount store asking some of the other
employess "When is the next organic shipment supposed to arrive?" I'm not
sure if she meant organic cat food, as they had other organic foods on the
shelves at the time.

| He is convinced they "like" Delicat better than the Nutro I buy for them.
| (I swear they turn up their noses at it plain) It has cool flavors and
| colors and shapes. So we mix the dry food 1/3 delicat, 1/3 Nutro seafood
| something flavor and 1/3 Nutro lamb. All our cats have been pretty
healthy
| on it.

I am betting that Baby Eyes' skin trouble will respond to the better food.
She has always preferred the cheapest brands of kibble, which must be very
bad for her. I've never been able to interest her in wet food, except she
will nibble at tuna if I offer it to her. But she seems quite fond of this
organic stuff and has even been begging for it when the dish is empty.