Chrissy cards on their way!

Old November 25th 03, 01:20 PM
David Yehudah

When I lived in Oklahoma they lost about 1/4 of our mail. I lost a
lucrative career teaching position because they returned the contract
marked "address unknown." My address was a P.O. box in their post office!

Steve Touchstone wrote:

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 08:36:26 -0600, "jmcquown"
wrote:

Victor Martinez wrote:

Kajikit wrote:

Now I have to sit down and make more cards so I can do the other
half! I had to buy more envelopes too... I ran out!

Ok, now I'm starting to feel like a slacker. I have all my cards and
envelopes, but I need to make time to sit down and write them all!

Don't feel bad, I haven't even started yet. I never send mind out until
after American Thanksgiving.

I usually head out to visit family in California. One year I hadn't
mailed them before I left home here in Oklahoma, and didn't have
enough stamps. I ended up hand delivering them to the folks out there.
And, on more than one occasion, I've been out there a few days before
the cards arrived.

OT Here in Lawton we've got a pretty crazy mail system. Mail here in
town ends up going up to Oklahoma City to be sorted. So, a letter
going across the street takes longer to deliver than one going to the
City.

I've got the cards, I've got the envelopes. I
don't have enough stamps. And I'm not used to sending cards overseas, so
I'm not quite sure how to go about that. Do I have to take them to the Post
Office for some special postage? I'm pretty darn sure 37 cents ain't gonna
cut it, but if I'm wrong please tell me

Jill

Old November 25th 03, 05:59 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Tue, 25 Nov 2003 05:20:51 -0800, David Yehudah
wrote:

When I lived in Oklahoma they lost about 1/4 of our mail. I lost a
lucrative career teaching position because they returned the contract
marked "address unknown." My address was a P.O. box in their post office!

Priceless ROTFL

When I was a kid I in the 60s and 70s I used to write my Grandma in a
small town in Ok, and just put "Grandma Touchstone, Broken Bow, OK"
and the letters arrived without any problem. Of course, the fact that
my Uncle was the Postmaster might just have had something to do with
it. LOL

snip

--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 25th 03, 07:18 PM
polonca12000

Looking forward to seeing pics of your dream house.
Best wishes for everything to go well,
--
Polonca who would want Soncek on her lap & Soncek who hates cuddling, but
does use me as a hot-water bottle at night

"Lucy's Mom" wrote in message
Y'all are making me feel lazy....I've got my cards but need to update
my database, get stamps and get going on them. This house thing is
sucking up my time, big time. My SO and I have purchased a 2.8 acre
lot and are in the process of getting started on building our dream
home. Major time sink, let me tell you!! But my cards will be on
their way soon!!!

Kim and Lucy, who is peterbed that her mommy isn't available for lap
time as much lately....
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 17:16:58 +1100, Kajikit
wrote:

I just thought I'd pop out of lurking to say that the first half of my
catslaves Christmas cards hit the post office today... look out for
the little red santakitty in a mailbox near you

Old November 25th 03, 07:19 PM
polonca12000

That's terrible, Dave! I'm so very sorry to hear that.
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old November 25th 03, 09:21 PM
Yowie

"Kajikit" wrote in message
TJ and The Dust saw Sally selling seashells by the seashore and told
us all about it on Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:23:33 -0700:

Well um .... I took the address list and gave it to one of my employees

to add
into a database and she made nice labels (talk about ME being lazy).

After that
I had her make up some return address labels and then do something fun to

them.
You will have to wait to see..... Hey, why not use the resources, she is

hourly
and she had nothing to do except answer the occasional phone call. I was

going
to send her home but figured what the heck....

LOL! I made my own (nonfancy) address and return-address labels using
Word and mailmerge. It certainly makes it a lot quicker and less
painful to do the cards... makes up for the fact that I'm handmaking
my cards this year instead of buying them, so I'm spending all my time
'constructing'.

btw, this is the first year I've EVER been this far ahead of the game
when it comes to Christmas cards... I usually send them out in the
second week of December (maybe)... but I'm feeling pretty good and
mentally healthy so far this year and I'm looking forward to Christmas
and functioning a LOT better than I have for the last four or five
years... it still didn't occur to me to post the cards until I got my
first two in the mail!

You folk are going to have to wait till I get paid.

The wedding cost us an arm or a leg, and stupid work *still* hasn't managed
to get the form to officially declare Joel as my husband to me, which means
although I'll get a bigger return at the end of the year, thats a fat lot of
help *now*. That, and with Daniel staying with us, we don't have much room
for extras like cards and stamps and the moment (Daniel will be paying back
rent, but he has to get paid too, and heaven knows when that will be).

Oh well, the thoughts will be there, even if the cards don't get out till
2004!

Yowie

Old November 25th 03, 10:53 PM
jmcquown

wrote:

When I lived in Oklahoma they lost about 1/4 of our mail. I lost a
lucrative career teaching position because they returned the contract
marked "address unknown." My address was a P.O. box in their post
office!

Priceless ROTFL

When I was a kid I in the 60s and 70s I used to write my Grandma in a
small town in Ok, and just put "Grandma Touchstone, Broken Bow, OK"
and the letters arrived without any problem. Of course, the fact that
my Uncle was the Postmaster might just have had something to do with
it. LOL

A couple of strange post office stories. My best friend is a Postal
Inspector and her brother in law works in the regular post office. She
moved to Boston a number of years ago. I sent her a card with Elvis on the
front as a joke. She never got the card. Then, a *year later* her brother
in law was going through some undeliverable mail and found the post card
addressed to her! He hand delivered it. She called me up; Jill, did you
send me a post card last October? Uh, yeah. Well, I just got it!

Another friend of mine, who lived at an address completely unlike mine (not
even the street names were similar) got a letter addressed to me. She and I
happened to be meeting at a neighborhood hang-out one night so she called me
and said, "I've got some mail to bring to you." HUH? What are the chances
the mail would be mis-delivered to someone I happen to know? Memphis isn't
exactly a small town. Go figure.

Jill

snip

Old November 26th 03, 06:00 AM
LOL

Steve Touchstone wrote in message . ..

When I was a kid I in the 60s and 70s I used to write my Grandma in a
small town in Ok, and just put "Grandma Touchstone, Broken Bow, OK"
and the letters arrived without any problem. Of course, the fact that
my Uncle was the Postmaster might just have had something to do with
it. LOL

Hmmmm, I dunno. Many years ago here in our little bitty town I
remember our Postmaster came in to the bank where I worked at the time
to arrange for an overdraft. His paycheck had gotten lost in the
mail.
------
Krista
Who lives in a one-zipcode town
Old November 26th 03, 06:30 PM
Marina

"TJ and The Dust" wrote
Well um .... I took the address list and gave it to one of my employees to

add
into a database and she made nice labels (talk about ME being lazy).

After that
I had her make up some return address labels and then do something fun to

them.
You will have to wait to see..... Hey, why not use the resources, she is

hourly
and she had nothing to do except answer the occasional phone call. I was

going
to send her home but figured what the heck....

Grr, and I just got them all addressed BY HAND!

--
Marina, rubbing numb hand and planning to buy a printer for next year

Old November 26th 03, 06:35 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I used my own computer expertise and created address labels & return address
labels, however I did hand sign all the cards myself, and licked the
envelopes (fortunately, no paper cuts;-)... and whatever happened to
flavored glue on envelopes???). Those going outside the North American
continent are getting posted Friday, the rest in a week.

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"Marina" wrote in message

"TJ and The Dust" wrote
Well um .... I took the address list and gave it to one of my employees

add
into a database and she made nice labels (talk about ME being lazy).

After that
I had her make up some return address labels and then do something fun

them.
You will have to wait to see..... Hey, why not use the resources, she

is
hourly
and she had nothing to do except answer the occasional phone call. I

was
going
to send her home but figured what the heck....

Grr, and I just got them all addressed BY HAND!

--
Marina, rubbing numb hand and planning to buy a printer for next year

Holiday Cards... jmcquown Cat anecdotes 10 November 15th 03 11:24 PM
PING Pam S. Marina Cat anecdotes 9 October 27th 03 03:08 PM
Hilariously bizarre recipe cards lrulan Cat anecdotes 6 September 14th 03 08:26 PM