Happy Birthday, Cheryl s.

Old November 21st 03, 03:18 AM
badwilson

Happy birthday! Hope you have a lovely day.
--
Britta
ROT13 to reply

"Christine Burel" wrote in message
om...
Hi Cheryl,
trying to post this from google -- hope it works... many happy returns
of the day...a little feral cat told me that today, Thursday, Nov.
20th is your b'day!!!
Purrs and best wishes from the Burel household --
Christine, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker and Pirate (currently
in a borrowwed cat playpen in my bathroom awaiting his onetrue home!

Old November 21st 03, 03:24 AM
Cheryl

Christine, Omar, Oreo, Midnight, Robin & Tucker and Pirate
(currently in a borrowwed cat playpen in my bathroom awaiting his
onetrue home!

I was full of tears and I didn't see your sig line. I am praying for
Pirate. I saw the flyer and I hope it gets as much attn as Jakes did.
Megan is quite a writer. lol

Old November 21st 03, 03:33 AM
lrulan

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CHERYL! May you have many, many more!
from Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from now until the end of time

Old November 21st 03, 05:01 AM
Christine Burel

"Cheryl" wrote in message
Thank you, you guys. You have made me cry. This isn't a happy
birthday. 41 now and I can't help but feel that the best part of my
life is over. It isn't the number. What else is left for me now. I
will never have grandbabies and I'm still really ****ed about what
life has handed me. I don't mean to post negatively but that is how I
feel. I know I can say that here.

{{{{Cheryl!!}}}In some small way you've been a force for good in the world
in spite of all that has happened to you; if it weren't for you, this little
black girlcat wouldn't have had a chance.
Thinking of you,
Christine

Old November 21st 03, 02:38 PM
Nan

On Thu, 20 Nov 2003 21:34:40 -0500, "Cheryl"
wrote:

Thank you, you guys. You have made me cry. This isn't a happy
birthday. 41 now and I can't help but feel that the best part of my
life is over. It isn't the number. What else is left for me now. I
will never have grandbabies and I'm still really ****ed about what
life has handed me. I don't mean to post negatively but that is how I
feel. I know I can say that here.

Now you've made me cry. 41 is not that old and who knows what the
future will bring.

Feel better hugs and purrs are on the way to you.

Nan and the furkids
Old November 21st 03, 07:07 PM
Tanada

Cheryl wrote:

Thank you, you guys. You have made me cry. This isn't a happy
birthday. 41 now and I can't help but feel that the best part of my
life is over. It isn't the number. What else is left for me now. I
will never have grandbabies and I'm still really ****ed about what
life has handed me. I don't mean to post negatively but that is how I
feel. I know I can say that here.

Purrs and hugs Cheryl. Of course you can say it here. We may not
understand (I do, in a way) but we'll support your right to feel the way
you do.

When I first found out that Rob has brain cancer, I had visions of
dealing with a vegetable for years and years, and not knowing the man I
love and married. When the Surgeon came out and told me that Rob only
had 3-6 months to live, I died inside. I did what I could to comfort
Mike and Mandy, but I was empty inside, as if I had nothing left. I
would have settled for years and years with the vegetable I had been
afraid of.

Then we were told that the biopsy came back better than they'd expected
and now the prognosis (educated gamble?) is 2 to 15 years. I still have
nightmares where he divorces, abandons, turns into someone else, or in
other ways leaves me. There are days I get so mad at him for having
cancer that it's all I can do to look at him, even though I KNOW he
didn't go up to the tooth fairy and say, forget the teeth, give me
cancer instead. There are days when I hate myself so much for feeling
anger, fear, hate, and grief that I want to just walk away from it all.

And, as we discussed in our cancer survivor support group, the holidays
are the worst time of the year. Where do you live? If you could get
over here, you could spend Thanksgiving with us. We don't have a lot of
room, but we can set up a bed in Maude and sack you out there. Of
course the sense of humor tends to be at gutter level a lot of the time,
but I'm sure that you can ignore the worst of the jokes. If you don't
want to come over here, is there somewhere else you can visit for
Thanksgiving? I just don't like the idea of you being by yourself at
the holidays.

Pam S. concerned
Old November 21st 03, 10:42 PM
polonca12000

We are thinking of you, sending you virtual hugs, best wishes and purrs in
the hopes that some day you may meet a child who will need a grandmother
just like you will need a grandchild,
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old November 21st 03, 10:46 PM
polonca12000

Please be kind to yourself, Pam.
Gentle hugs and purrs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Tanada" wrote in message
snip There are days when I hate myself so much for feeling
anger, fear, hate, and grief that I want to just walk away from it all.

And, as we discussed in our cancer survivor support group, the holidays
are the worst time of the year. snip

Old November 22nd 03, 08:42 AM
LOL

A belated happy birthday and cyberhugs to you, Cheryl. We are sending
purrs in hopes that something wonderful happens to you today.
------
Krista
Old November 23rd 03, 02:41 AM
Cheryl

In ,
Tanada composed with style:
Cheryl wrote:

[...]

I'm ok. Sort of. I have been with you during this with Rob, I have
read it all and I am scared and have faith all at the same time. I'm
in Maryland and if I left for the holidays my parents would kill me.
(well they are worried about me, they stop by at any time without
warning just to see how I "really" am). They've caught me in bed
still sleeping at 2pm on a Saturday or two or three. I do not want to
worry them or anyone. I know they worry about me. I have the number
of a therapist that I really should see. My uncle who is a deacon
with the Catholic church gave me a book, a handbook for grief and he
told me I should have already read it. I asked him what if I don't
want to feel better yet. He said everyone he's given the book to read
it quickly. I just can't feel better yet. I don';t want to.