Your hobbit and elvish names

Old November 24th 03, 07:50 PM
Magic Mood Jeep©

I finally broke down & checked this out.

For Hobbit, I am Pearl Bunce of Brockenborings
Lizzie is Dimple Bunce of Brockenborings
Smokey is Iris Bunce of Brockenborings
Sir Weeble is Podo Bunce of Brockenborings (or Podo Danderfluff if you use
Wobblybottom instead of my last name)
Tennessee Tuxedo is Fosco Bunce of Brockenborings (Togo Proudfoot if I
divide it up into first & last and eliminate my last name)
and DH is Pimpernel Bunce of Brockenborings

For Elvish, I am Enelya Felagund
Lizzie is Nienna Felagund
Smokey is Eldárwen Felagund
Sir Weeble is Fingolfin Felagund or (Fingolfin Tulcakelumë if you use
Wobblybottom instead of my last name)
Tennessee Tuxedo is Maglor Felagund (Mablung Culnámo if I divide it up into
first & last and eliminate my last name)
and DH is Olwë Felagund

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

"Marina" wrote in message
My hobbit name: Primula Hamwich of Buckeberry Fern
Elvish name: Ireth Elensar

Frank's hobbit name: Fastolph (LOL!) Hemwich of Bucklebery Fern
Elvish name: Lólindir Elensar

Nikki's hobbit name: Lily Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern
Elvish name: Uruviel Elensar

I think Frank's names are very impressive. Fastolph! ROFL!

--
Marina

Old November 24th 03, 10:28 PM
jmcquown

Christine Burel wrote:
"Mark Edwards" wrote in message

I discovered a couple of sites this weekend - a hobbit name
generator, and an elvish name generator. What with the finale of the
Lord of the Rings trilogy coming up soon, I had to check it out:

http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/
http://www.chriswetherell.com/elf/

My hobbit name is Milo Loamsdown, and my elvish name is Amrod
Ancalimon.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Hobbit name: Daisy Gamgee-Took of Bywater
Elvish name: Idril Telrunya
a.k.a.
Christine Burel

Ohhhh, you're one of the TOOK's. After my silverware, are you? (laughing)

I never did understand the hoopla over LOTR. I read the books starting with
the Hobbit back in 1974. I suppose it's a good thing an entirely new
generation is discovering Tolkien's tales. But honestly, some folks at work
actually camped out to get tickets to the midnight showings when the first
and second films were released. Uh...what's the big deal?

Jill

Old November 25th 03, 05:31 AM
Hopitus2

LOR is very big with role-playing gamers, such as those who like D. & D. I
can barely keep track of the story and characters, myself, in each movie,
but second son & his buds have the DVD's, play them often, and mouth the
script in each scene. That is what you call a cult fave movie (series). The
wierd characters and scenes are right up their alley.
The only movie I can mouth script in scenes is "Rocky Horror Show". Once in
awhile, I dress for it and, bag of throwable items in hand, head for a
midnight showing.....in memory of my younger sister, Eve, who used to have
such a good time when we did it years ago.
"Let's do the Time Warp again......." .

"jmcquown" wrote in message
: Christine Burel wrote:
: "Mark Edwards" wrote in message
: ...
:

Old November 25th 03, 07:56 AM
jmcquown

Hopitus2 wrote:
LOR is very big with role-playing gamers, such as those who like D. &
D.

I used to also play D&D but again, that was 20-some years ago and not on a
computer. Heheh.

I can barely keep track of the story and characters, myself, in
each movie, but second son & his buds have the DVD's, play them
often, and mouth the script in each scene. That is what you call a
cult fave movie (series). The wierd characters and scenes are right
up their alley.
The only movie I can mouth script in scenes is "Rocky Horror Show".

Ah, that's another film I saw in the late 1970's and didn't "get". Yes, we
went to a midnight showing. And people were jumping up in front of the
screen acting out the parts.

I enjoyed Fantasia more... but then, that was a movie house which sold beer
to go with your popcorn G

Once in awhile, I dress for it and, bag of throwable items in hand,
head for a midnight showing.....in memory of my younger sister, Eve,
who used to have such a good time when we did it years ago.
"Let's do the Time Warp again......." .

My sympathies for the loss of your Sister, Eve.

Jill

Old November 25th 03, 06:02 PM
Hopitus2

Thank you, Jill. She went to RB (and I like to think picked up Black Pearl
and Yin-Yang, her 80's cats) 7/94.....breast cancer. Yeah, WE were the folks
"jumping around in front of the screen" - especially around Halloween - in
San Jose, CA in the 80's. RHS has a lot of fans out west. Probably the
reason we "got" RHS is because, although dressed wierdly, the actors were
not "goth", like the medieval types in LOR.
I have to confess I did think D. & D. was an idiotic game, but the reason I
loved it was because son and buds were right there in my dining room,
scarfing popcorn and snacks, where I could see them and what they were doing
(a parental thing). Having your offspring in plain sight is half the battle.

"jmcquown" wrote in message
: Hopitus2 wrote:
[...]
: "jmcquown" wrote in message
: ...

Old November 25th 03, 07:14 PM
polonca12000

I'm so very sorry about your loss.
Gentle hugs,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Hopitus2" wrote in message
Thank you, Jill. She went to RB (and I like to think picked up Black Pearl
and Yin-Yang, her 80's cats) 7/94.....breast cancer. snip

Old November 25th 03, 11:25 PM
Yowie

"jmcquown" wrote in message
Christine Burel wrote:
[...]

Um, well, i suppose its just what people like, but if I could only see one
more movie in my whole life, The Return of the King would be it. I have been
known to get the shivers and teary at just the previews. I can't explain
what the big deal is, just that it is. Maybe its a geek thing...

Yowie

Old November 26th 03, 06:21 AM
jmcquown

CK wrote:
Marina wrote:

My hobbit name: Primula Hamwich of Buckeberry Fern
Elvish name: Ireth Elensar

Frank's hobbit name: Fastolph (LOL!) Hemwich of Bucklebery Fern
Elvish name: Lólindir Elensar

Nikki's hobbit name: Lily Hamwich of Buckleberry Fern
Elvish name: Uruviel Elensar

I think Frank's names are very impressive. Fastolph! ROFL!

Jill, you and me seem to be related both in hobbit and elvish names.

Yes, we are! Funny, isn't it?

Jill