Lester: Monday Update

Old November 24th 03, 07:56 PM
Arthur Shapiro

Default Lester: Monday Update

Just talked to the surgeon. Lester has violently resisted most attempts to
make him eat, meaning it's been about 6 days now. They've stuck a tube
through his nose and are feeding some sort of high-caloric liquid. The
assertion is that the tube is little more than a thread and consequently isn't
a big deal to the cat. But starvation certainly is. She is hopeful that this
forced nutrition will jumpstart his interest in food.

The big question is whether too much of the liver and/or bile duct system has
been removed, and the tests that determine that will be back late today or
tommorow. Apparently one can't visually ascertain things until things have
gone totally off the scale. She remains hopeful that this won't turn out to
be an issue, but if so, there's nothing that can be done but to put the cat
down.

He still is taking as much affection as anyone is willing to give him.

I have a 7pm appointment to see him for the first time. They're normally open
24x7, but will close Thursday and Friday due to the holiday. So I have to
take him somewhere Wednesday night, and with luck that will be home, not to
the regional 24 hour urgent care center.

Art

Old November 24th 03, 08:42 PM
Lois Reay

Continued purrs for Lester to have some quality of life - sounds like he is
a real little fighter!!

Lois

Old November 24th 03, 09:20 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 19:56:02 GMT, (Arthur
Shapiro) wrote:

[...]

The purr-motors here are going steady for the results to be positive.
Maybe just getting to see you and coming home will improve his
appetite, so we're hoping he gets to come home over the long weekend.
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 24th 03, 10:33 PM
polonca12000

Oh, I do wish poor Lester would start eating.
We are sending extra-strong purrs, best wishes, healing vibes and hopes he
starts to feel better and I'm sure he'll start eating then. I do think his
trying to get any affection he can get is a good sign.
--
Polonca & Soncek

Old November 24th 03, 11:59 PM
Brenda

[...]

sending purrs,
Brenda

Old November 25th 03, 01:41 AM
Victor Martinez

We're still purring for Lester.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 25th 03, 02:07 AM
Helen Wheels

Arthur Shapiro wrote:
[...]

Still purring for Lester here. He may feel more like eating when
he can seeing his person again.
Helen Wheels

Old November 25th 03, 04:08 AM
Sam Nash

[...]

Smokey and Mistletoe are purring their hardest for Lester.
Sam

Old November 25th 03, 05:02 AM
Marina

We are purring for Lester to have enough liver and bile duct system left to
continue for several years yet.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki