I'm thankful for...

Old November 25th 03, 02:09 AM
GracecatOnl

Default I'm thankful for...

The fact my husband spends much of his time on the road without injury or
incident.

That even accident victims can sometimes count on a miracle.

I'll have enough money to splurge selfishly, enough food to waste without
thought. (spoken with a mild amount of shame)

Mutt is a very healthy senior dog and is expected to remain that way for
several more years.

My daughter is doing exceptionally well in her school work.

How the baby learns new words every week.

I have friends who love me.

My family who loves me.

What are you thankful for?

Grace

Old November 25th 03, 02:28 AM
Yoj

"GracecatOnl" wrote in message
The fact my husband spends much of his time on the road without injury

or
incident.

That even accident victims can sometimes count on a miracle.

I'll have enough money to splurge selfishly, enough food to waste

without
thought. (spoken with a mild amount of shame)

Mutt is a very healthy senior dog and is expected to remain that way

for
several more years.

My daughter is doing exceptionally well in her school work.

How the baby learns new words every week.

I have friends who love me.

My family who loves me.

What are you thankful for?

Grace

Thanks for this great thread, Grace!

I'm thankful for almost 30 years of a good marriage (before my husband
died)

My children, the fact that they live relatively nearby and that we're on
good terms - and I get along well with my son-in-law

My cats (of course!) and all the cats and dogs I've had in the past

The fact that I've had the opportunity to meet and spend time with
friends from this and other newsgroups

The fact that my kids (including my son-in-law) will be here with me on
Thursday

The fact that my 91-year-old mother (92 in January) is well enough to
fly to California from Alaska to spend Christmas with me and my kids

The fact that I'm reasonably healthy, considering my age and the health
problems I do have

Books to read, music to listen to, newsgroups to chat on, and games to
play

The fact that my newsgroup friends and I live in countries where it is
permissible to say anything we want and to communicate with people in
other countries (and I wish that everyone did)

The fact that, with some help from a friend and a family member, I was
able to take two trips to Australia

Enough to eat, a house that's paid for, and a comfortable bed to sleep
in

I think that's enough for now. Thanks for making me think about all the
things I'm thankful for, Grace.

Joy

Old November 25th 03, 02:46 AM
Cheryl

In ,
GracecatOnl composed with style:
The fact my husband spends much of his time on the road without
injury or incident.

That even accident victims can sometimes count on a miracle.

I'll have enough money to splurge selfishly, enough food to waste
without thought. (spoken with a mild amount of shame)

Mutt is a very healthy senior dog and is expected to remain that
way for several more years.

My daughter is doing exceptionally well in her school work.

How the baby learns new words every week.

I have friends who love me.

My family who loves me.

What are you thankful for?

Grace

These are such good things to keep thinking. I never went back to the
thread I posted to you in for various reasons. Personal pain and all
that. These are good things for me to read. I am thankful for family
and friends who hold me up when I want to sink to the floor. I am
thankful for having a job and a wonderful company that isn't letting
me go, yet, though times are tough. Reading things like you just
wrote make me aspire to find more things to be thankful for everyday.
Some day. Bless you and yours.

Old November 25th 03, 03:25 AM
Gizela

I am thankful for :

My health and that I don't feel like "dying" everytime I play a hockey game
(twice a week now).

My job and the fact that I earn enough to spend silly amounts on *good*
hairdresser visits every 8 weeks.

The way Gizmo greets me in the afternoon. My poor DF doesn't get the same
greeting.

Coming to this newsgroup and being amused by all the cat stories and
pictures.

My DF (Jon) in that he listens to all my crap and has put up with me 5 years
now.

The fact that I live in a country where I have freedom of choice and can
walk down the street without fear.

Being alive

Love and being loved (family and friends)

Purrs

Angela and Gizmo (still ay TED)

Old November 25th 03, 04:59 AM
Tanada

GracecatOnl wrote:

What are you thankful for?

chocolate
ROB
having time alone
the kids
the cats
modern medicine
did I say chocolate?
humor
life
everyone here
tolerance and love
The Three Daves, a Mark, and a Steve
Yowie and the future Carey
books
music
chocolate, definitely chocolate

Pam S.
Old November 25th 03, 05:48 AM
Takayuki

First, I'm thankful for the hopes and dreams that everyone has.

Whether you're looking forward to getting a degree, looking for a
dream house, anticipating seeing your new shrubs bloom next spring,
picking out clothes for a baby that isn't born yet, patching things up
with your SO, angling for a promotion at work, going on a diet,
quitting smoking, thinking up an invention that will make you rich, or
determined to change the world for the better, I'm thankful to live in
a world where people can look forward to tomorrow.

Second, I'm thankful for Betty, who I will love, honor, and obey (when
I feel like it), in sickness and in health, for richer or for poorer,
until death do us part.

Old November 25th 03, 09:44 AM
Yowie

The one American holiday I think we should all adopt...

I am thankful for:

Cat and dog ****, because that means that a) I have pets and b) they are
healthy
Putrid mouldy things in the fridge, because that means I have had enough to
eat
My flabby belly, because that means I have enjoyed chocolate :-)
Piles of ironing, because that means I have clean clothes, something to wash
them with, and the society so rich it puts value on unwrinkled cloth
A messy house, because it means that I have a house and the means to make it
messy
Arguments with Joel, because that means we both love each other enough to
speak our minds and have differences of opinion - and I don't live in fear
of him
Incredible phone bills, because that means I have been able to talk to
friends I wouldn't otherwise see, and to use the internet which has given me
even more friends
Morning sickness, because that means I am with child, who was conceived in
love
A crabby boss, which means I have a job and have the option of bitching
about him rather than being grateful to him
Difficult in-laws, because they make me appreciate my own family
Being bored, because that means I have spare time and too many choices
Infuriating people, as I am able to vent my opinion freely and without fear,
although also have the brains to choose which battles to enter

Yowie

Old November 25th 03, 02:01 PM
Nan

I'm thankful for:

4 beautiful children, 13 grandchildren, 5 great-grandchildren, and all
my furkids

being able to live in a country where I do not have to be afraid to go
to church or to read my Bible

good friends

the fact that the good Lord gave me 45 years with a wonderful husband
before He took him home

my reasonably good health for my age and that I can still do all my
own yardwork

Nan

Old November 25th 03, 02:27 PM
Victor Martinez

I'm thankful to have a good job, in this time where so many good people
are without one.

I'm thankful to have a loving partner with whom I share my life.

I'm thankful to have a pack of spoiled cats that give us their
unconditional love in return for a warm bed and some scritches. And food.

I'm thankful to have a loving and supportive family.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 25th 03, 07:57 PM
polonca12000

....Soncek who has spent the last four years with me. I have no idea how I
could ever have been catless. I'm thankful for his excellent health (touch
wood), for greeting me when I come home, for using me as a pillow at night.
....for my relatively good health, for enough money to buy my and Soncek's
food and toys.
....for rpca members and their kitties, d*ggies and other family members,
that I count as friends that I get to meet every day even though we live on
very different parts of the globe.
....for my real-life friends.
Wishing you all the very best,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"GracecatOnl" wrote in message
The fact my husband spends much of his time on the road without injury or
incident.

That even accident victims can sometimes count on a miracle.

snip