Lester: Tuesday Progress

Old November 26th 03, 04:24 AM
Arthur Shapiro

Default Lester: Tuesday Progress

Just got back from 40 minutes with the poor guy.

His last painkiller was at 4am this morning, and he was much more alert
tonight. He still doesn't look very good, but was certainly less zonked out
than yesterday. I could feel him, but not hear him, purring, and he seemed
very happy to receive affection. Strange as it seems, I still don't think he
recognized me. Once again, he seemed to love eating some catnip that I put on
his rug.

He is still not eating, but the technician showed me the product that they're
using, and apparently from the label it is real liquid food, not just empty
calories. She asserts that it similar to what people in similar can't-eat
situations would be given, and that I won't have any trouble administering it
when he goes back with me tommorow. Allegedly there are pets that cannot eat
for whatever reason and live on this stuff indefinitely. But she (the tech)
hopes that once the shock of the surgery and the missing tumor wears off, Les
will start to eat on his own.

This tech also said that what I'm seeing, and what is so sobering to me, is
actually quite typical of a surgical patient. While nothing can be
guaranteed, she would be surprised if Lester didn't make it at this point.
But I still haven't received the liver test results that were supposed to be
back by today.

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at this ISP to reach me
Old November 26th 03, 05:03 AM
Karen

in article GUVwb.4989$ZE1.3311@fed1read04, Arthur Shapiro at
wrote on 11/25/03 10:24 PM:

[...]

Well, that is hopeful at least. Please let us know how it goes. I'm sure
being home might actually help him perk up. Purrs continuing.

Karen

Old November 26th 03, 06:01 AM
m. L. Briggs

wrote on 11/25/03 10:24 PM:

[...]

You said previously that you might take him to a "care" fascility. I
was going to suggest that you take one of your used tee shirts for him
to cuddle with. If you have him st home this might help also. He
probably would be happier at home if the other cats won't bother him
for a while. Good luck whatever you do -- I truly hope he makes it
and has some happy times left. MLB
Old November 26th 03, 01:54 PM
Victor Martinez

Glad to hear he's doing better. We'll keep purring until he's out of the
woods completely.

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old November 26th 03, 05:59 PM
Annie Wxill

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
.... While nothing can be
guaranteed, she would be surprised if Lester didn't make it at this point.
But I still haven't received the liver test results that were supposed to

be
back by today.

Art

Here's hoping that Lester pulls through and you are able to have many more
years together.
We're sending prayers and purrs that the liver test shows improvement, or at
least doesn't show anything that can't be cured or managed.
Please remember to also take care of yourself during this stressful time.
Our thoughts are with you.
Annie, accompanied by Cinder and Rosie

Old November 26th 03, 08:17 PM
Steve Touchstone

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 04:24:05 GMT, (Arthur
Shapiro) wrote:

[...]

Glad to hear that you can see an improvement now that he's not spaced
out on the meds. Thanks for keeping us updated.

Prayers and purrs continuing for Lester's complete recovery. And of
course for your other ailing kitty.

Also, sending hugs, purrs and headbutts for you to get through this
worrisome time
--
Steve Touchstone,

[remove Junk for email]
Old November 26th 03, 10:19 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for even better news,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Arthur Shapiro" wrote in message
snip This tech also said that what I'm seeing, and what is so sobering to
me, is
actually quite typical of a surgical patient. While nothing can be
guaranteed, she would be surprised if Lester didn't make it at this point.
But I still haven't received the liver test results that were supposed to

be
back by today.

Art
Temporary usercode - to be deleted when spam starts. Use MyBrainHurts at

this ISP to reach me

Lester: Monday Update Arthur Shapiro Cat anecdotes 26 November 26th 03 10:06 PM
Lester: Update Arthur Shapiro Cat anecdotes 12 November 24th 03 10:47 AM
Gone til tuesday OU812? Cat anecdotes 7 November 8th 03 03:03 PM
Cats in the Pants (Snowball the Ragdoll's progress) OOPS! M Gordon Douglas Cat anecdotes 8 October 15th 03 09:00 PM
Tucker's Progress Christine Burel Cat anecdotes 3 September 2nd 03 12:05 PM