Sabrina scared the *?%@& out of me last night

Old November 26th 03, 08:29 PM
Debra Berry

Default Sabrina scared the *?%@& out of me last night

I have four kitties, Sabrina being the youngest, the most
persistant, and the one who is always into something.
She is over a year now, but tiny because she was rescued with a
cleft palate and didn't have good nutrition before
we found her. She loves to sneak out the front door when
it opens up to let someone leave or enter. Usually I can
block her, but sometimes when I'm carrying something, she
makes it....usually when it is raining.

Last night a couple of friends brought their kittens over
for me to babysit over the holiday. I fostered these
kittens and it is a great joy to see them again. Sabrina
was around when they were there. I walked out on the
stoop to say goodbye, closing the door so that Sabrina
wouldn't escape. Came back in the house, played with the
kittens, did the dishes, and other stuff. About an hour
or so later I realized that I hadn't seen Sabrina in a
while. She loves to be a part of whatever I'm doing, so
I usually see a lot of her. I called, checked each floor,
checked hiding places, opened the front door and called.
No Sabrina. Went through the house again. No Sabrina.
I really couldn't believe that she could have gotten out,
but I called at the front door again....and there she came.
Cold and puffy and totally ready to come in the house.

She didn't seem to have enjoyed her adventure too much.
I wonder how long it will be before she tries to run
out the door again.

Debbie Berry
Old November 27th 03, 04:48 AM
Marina

"Debra Berry" wrote

She didn't seem to have enjoyed her adventure too much.
I wonder how long it will be before she tries to run
out the door again.

Poor Sabrina. I hope she learned her lesson. It does sound a bit like a
b*st*rd c*t trick, except that maybe it backfired on her.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old November 27th 03, 04:29 PM
Christine Burel

"Debra Berry" wrote in message

[...]

So glad she was there when you called her, Debbie! Talk about an adrenaline
surge.
Christine