Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat

Old December 31st 04, 02:15 PM
Frank Pittel

Why's that?? Of course you've already made up your mind about not going to
Wal-Mart and are using this incident to justify it to yourself. What happened
at the store will most likely end up with everyone involved getting fired
from Wal-Mart and the legal prosecution of those that broke any laws.

I think Wal-Mart is doing a good job in dealing with this and is to commended
for their response. I don't think that the chain should be held responsibile
for the actions of an ignorant manager and a couple of employees.

In rec.pets.cats.health+behav blkcatgal wrote:
: Just one more reason why I will not shop at Wal-Mart.

: S.

: "Jim Vandenberger" wrote in message
: ...
: Wal-Mart Workers Accused of Shooting Cat
:
: 2 Wal-Mart Employees in Indiana Charged With Felony Animal Cruelty for
: Shooting Stray Cat
:
: The Associated Press
:
: Dec. 30, 2004 - Two Wal-Mart employees have been charged with felony
: animal cruelty after police said they followed a manager's orders to
: shoot and kill a stray cat.
:
: The men, both assistant managers at the Supercenter, were arrested and
: released after a court appearance Wednesday. Christopher Anderson, 29,
: and Jeffrey Hardin, 21, told police the store's manager ordered them
: to get rid of the animal that was living in a storage trailer behind
: their store.
:
: Anderson and Hardin repeatedly shot the cat with a pellet gun from the
: store until it died the following day, a Vanderburgh County Sheriff's
: Department report said.
:
: All managers potentially involved in the incident have been suspended
: without pay pending an internal investigation and could be fired, said
: Wal-Mart spokeswoman Sharon Weber.
:
: "We were outraged when we learned of this incident. This kind of
: action is completely inconsistent with the way we do business," she
: said.
:
: A truck driver who reported the incident said he saw store employees
: placing what he believed to be a dead animal in shrink wrap a day
: after he heard workers joking about shooting the cat.
:
: Store manager Darrel Weitzel told police he had told some of his
: employees to get a gun and get rid of the cat after attempts to coax
: it from the trailer failed, according to a police report.
:
: Anderson and Hardin were scheduled for a hearing next Tuesday.
:
:
:

-------------------

Old December 31st 04, 02:24 PM
Frank Pittel

In rec.pets.cats.health+behav Darmok wrote:
: On Thu, 30 Dec 2004 23:39:31 GMT, "Magic Mood Jeep??"
: wrote:

: I did a bit of searching, and found an online "store feedback form" for
: Wal-Mart... I suggest as many people as possible fill one out & click
: submit, to they will learn that "we are not amused" by this happening
:
: http://www.walmartstores.com/wmstore...OnlineForm.jsp
:
:

: Just fired off a complaint ... if their britches aren't smoldering
: when they finish reading it, I'd be surprised.

: I am totally outraged at this. Wal-Mart was to begin construction of
: a store in my home town this upcoming year (2005). I may lead a
: protest against it.

I think we should wait until Wal-Mart is finished investigating the incident.
In this days of lawsuites over anything and everything they need to be sure
that what is claimed to have happened actually did. Remember Wal-Mart has
a lot of stores and a lot of managers and can't be held responsible when a
single manager does something stupid.

If the story turns out to be true and those involved don't get fired then I
will no longer shop at any of their stores again.

-------------------

Old January 1st 05, 03:52 AM
Cat Protector

These managers should be shot to death themselves with a pellet gun. I hope
these people get what's coming to them. I feel so bad for that poor kitty
which did nothing to them.

--
Cat Galaxy: All Cats! All The Time!
www.catgalaxymedia.com

www.panthertekit.com

Old January 1st 05, 03:55 AM
Cat Protector

Playing devil's advocate in this one. These guys were just workers and the
original story did say Walmart was outraged by the actions of these
employees. I recommend people write to Walmart to find out what actions they
are taking. If they side with the employees then I'd launch a nationwide
protest.

Old January 1st 05, 11:26 AM
Gary

We have 2 machettis, a couple of axes/hatchets & a chainsaw out in the
garage.... plus a shotgun and 4 (legal - both hubby & I are licensed)
handguns in the house

That says it all. No guns, the cat probably would not have been shot.

Gary.
PS - In the UK, and without wanting to start an off topic rant / flame war,
I believe the USA attitude to gun ownership is completely disgusting and
dangerous.

Old January 1st 05, 11:30 AM
Gary

"Gary" wrote in message
. ..
We have 2 machettis, a couple of axes/hatchets & a chainsaw out in the
garage.... plus a shotgun and 4 (legal - both hubby & I are licensed)
handguns in the house

Also, just curious, why do you feel the need to own such an arsenal of
weaponry? There must be dozens of situations in youe household which could
result in accidental or non accidental death from that lot. I could not
sleep at night if I was ware of such items in my house.

Gary.

Old January 1st 05, 12:49 PM
Gary Stone

"Gary" wrote in message
. ..

"Gary" wrote in message
. ..
We have 2 machettis, a couple of axes/hatchets & a chainsaw out in the
garage.... plus a shotgun and 4 (legal - both hubby & I are licensed)
handguns in the house

Also, just curious, why do you feel the need to own such an arsenal of
weaponry? There must be dozens of situations in youe household which
could result in accidental or non accidental death from that lot. I could
not sleep at night if I was ware of such items in my house.

Gary.

Now, Gary, you know our government, would you really like our citizens to be
defenseless against it? ;-) "The evangelicals are coming, the evangelicals
are coming!!!"

A hand held howitzer would be nice.

Stone

Old January 1st 05, 12:55 PM
Ivor Jones

Gary Stone wrote:

[snip]

Now, Gary, you know our government, would you really like our
citizens to be defenseless against it? ;-) "The evangelicals are
coming, the evangelicals are coming!!!"

A hand held howitzer would be nice.

Could have done with one of those in my time as a bus driver, particularly
at school chucking out time ;-)

Ivor

Old January 1st 05, 10:09 PM
buick

Look up the zip code too Youll find THE anderson.

"Erik" wrote in message
You mean one of these Andersons???

http://www.whitepages.com/search/Fin...p=&state_id=IN

"buick" wrote in message
If you'd like to speak your mind, look up Christopher Andersons phone
number at whitepages.com.