Otis - one determined feline

Old March 25th 04, 03:44 AM
Susan M

Default Otis - one determined feline

Hi all:

You know all the stories from when I haven't let Otis as quickly as he
would've liked? The time when he jumped *seven* feet into my open kitchen
window and put muddy paw prints over my cooking surface ... and the time
when he jumped about six feet up and attached himself to the previously
unblemished window screen in my new kitchen?

Here's a new one. I heard him meowing outside on the patio when I was
upstairs covered in craft glue. I yelled out the window to wait a moment.
Shortly thereafter I heard a *really* loud set of yowls. Yep. He found a
way onto the roof of the new house. He was right outside my window screen
giving me a lecture.

Turns out its a lot easier going up than coming down. Going up, he jumps
from a narrow surface (the top of the fence) to a wide surface (the roof).
Coming down .... ouch ... all his claws were at maximum extension as he
struggled to hold onto the fence. It must not have hurt too much the
first time since he went right back up again after.

Crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Susan M
Otis and Chester

Old March 25th 04, 03:46 AM
Hopitus2

Otis is obviously in better shape than many of us hoomins. I catgratulate
His Fitness Guru
on ability to work out in that way. You go, Otis!

"Susan M" smawdsley remove @shaw.ca wrote in message
: Hi all:
:

Old March 25th 04, 04:23 AM
John F. Eldredge

--
John F. Eldredge --
PGP key available from

Old March 25th 04, 01:33 PM
Kreisleriana

On Thu, 25 Mar 2004 03:44:24 GMT, "Susan M" smawdsley remove
@shaw.ca yodeled:

[...]

But very resourceful. My grandma's cat, Pandora, was an expert at
letting everyone know when she wanted in. Grandma had a little
ornamental window in her front door, about six feet up the door, and
Pan would leap up and hang off the window, bracing herself against the
door with her hind legs, stick her little face in the window, and
yell. You'd turn around and see what looked like the little head of a
six-foot-tall cat at the door.

Theresa

Single-mindedness is all very well in cows or baboons; in an animal
claiming to belong to the same species as Shakespeare it is simply disgraceful.
(Aldous Huxley)
Old March 25th 04, 03:10 PM
Marina

[...]

Tsk, tsk, Susan, have you still not learned that you must drop everything at
once when Otis calls. ;o)

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old March 25th 04, 05:22 PM
Jo Firey

Jake gets up on the roof on the easy side, crosses over the ridge and then
acts all pathetic when he can't get down on the difficult side.

Jo

Old March 26th 04, 01:30 AM
Crdamz

Years ago, I also had one determined feline: She was spending her summer
cleaning out a nest of garter snakes that was in our backyard. (That is not the
'determined' part, though.)
She would hold the snake in the middle so that both ends flopped in the
breeze, and jump a good 7 feet up to get through the opened sunporch window,
and then jump down to the floor and up again through the kitchen window to
bring it inside.
Often times, my mother would spot the cat heading toward the house carrying
her snake, and she would begin frantically closing the sunporch windows,
yelling to me that the 'stupid cat had another snake.'
If the cat was unable to get into the house that way, she would run around to
the front of the house and hold the snake at bay next to the screen door,
yowling like a mother cat to our yorkie terrier to come see what she had
brought home.
Being the last of the kids living at home, it became my job to get the
snake off of the cat. I must have given away 12 snakes to people around town
who had gardens that year! I was trying not to return them to whence they had
come for fear the cat would just bring them back again.
She really was a sweet cat, but wherever she got the idea to bring, of all
things, snakes, home to feed the dog, I cannot tell you!
-cindy
Old March 26th 04, 03:18 AM
Victor Martinez

Otis and Fez would make a frightening duo...

--
Victor Martinez
Send your spam he

Old March 26th 04, 02:12 PM
Kreisleriana

On 26 Mar 2004 01:30:47 GMT, (Crdamz) yodeled:

[...]

They're there, they're long and wiggly. Hey, what could be better? I
can feel Stinky getting jealous as we read this. "Mom, why can't I
have a nest of garter snakes?"

Theresa
alt.tv.frasier FAQ:
http://www.im-listening.net/FAQ/

Old March 27th 04, 03:21 AM
Tanada

Crdamz wrote:

Being the last of the kids living at home, it became my job to get the
snake off of the cat. I must have given away 12 snakes to people around town
who had gardens that year! I was trying not to return them to whence they had
come for fear the cat would just bring them back again.
She really was a sweet cat, but wherever she got the idea to bring, of all
things, snakes, home to feed the dog, I cannot tell you!

LOL Berfert is jealous, he only got to protect his Grandmeow from worms
in her garden, not snakes. But then I'd rather he didn't bring home snakes.

Pam S.