General cat stuff of the day

Old December 20th 13, 11:49 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default General cat stuff of the day

When I got dressed for my interview, I put on some thin black business
socks. After I got home, I took off the dress socks, and put them on the
bed. Apache has grbbed them and declared my socks to be hers.

Miss Emily came in for awhile. Senyah and I had to talk to someone on
the speakerphone, so we are hunched over the phone. Miss Emily decides
she wants to be near me, so she gets up on the couch next to the phone,
and places both front paws on my hand. Senyah accidentally touched her,
and Miss Emily hissed at Senyah.

A little later, Senyah is sitting in her easy chair. On her end table is
a stack of four cans of Fancy Feast. Miss Emily politely walks up to the
cans and looks around, first at me, then at Senyah with an "I know
what's in those cans, and if somebody with thumbs would just help me out
here, I can be VERY polite. For now."

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old December 21st 13, 12:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Mark Edwards" wrote in message
news

[...]

;-)

--
Joy

Kakadu National Park

Crocodiles basking
Aboriginal rock art
Jabiru fishing
--- Australia Haiku by Joy Gaylord

Old December 23rd 13, 03:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:14:35 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

In article ,
Mark Edwards wrote:

[...]

That's one smart cat.

Judith

I'm not sure that mine understand cans until that opening sound comes.
I'll announce that today's food is Green Can, or Purple Can, and they
ignore me. But once I open it, they run in, sniff once or twice with
distain, and walk away.
Old December 23rd 13, 06:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/23/2013 10:05 AM, dgk wrote:
On Sun, 22 Dec 2013 19:14:35 +0000 (GMT), Judith Latham
wrote:

In article ,
Mark Edwards wrote:

A little later, Senyah is sitting in her easy chair. On her end table is
a stack of four cans of Fancy Feast. Miss Emily politely walks up to the
cans and looks around, first at me, then at Senyah with an "I know
what's in those cans, and if somebody with thumbs would just help me out
here, I can be VERY polite. For now."

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

That's one smart cat.

Judith

I'm not sure that mine understand cans until that opening sound comes.
I'll announce that today's food is Green Can, or Purple Can, and they
ignore me. But once I open it, they run in, sniff once or twice with
distain, and walk away.

Persia knows! When I lived in TN I had a good sized pantry in the
kitchen. The shelves were offset to the lefte. The kitchen trash can
was on the floor in front of the lowest shelf.

Among other things, on the bottom shelf (about 2 feet off the ground) I
stored the cans of Fancy Feast. This was when she only got FF on
Sunday, as a treat. One *Saturday* she opened the door to the pantry,
went around the trash can and got a can off the shelf. She scooted it
to the middle of the kitchen floor, then sat down and waited. When I
walked into the kitchen and saw her there I burst out laughing. The
thing is, I also had some cans of chopped green chili peppers right next
to the FF. The cans are the same size. She knew which ones to choose from!

Jill
Old December 23rd 13, 09:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 12/23/2013 3:53 PM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article , jmcquown
wrote:

Among other things, on the bottom shelf (about 2 feet off the ground) I
stored the cans of Fancy Feast. This was when she only got FF on
Sunday, as a treat. One *Saturday* she opened the door to the pantry,
went around the trash can and got a can off the shelf. She scooted it
to the middle of the kitchen floor, then sat down and waited. When I
walked into the kitchen and saw her there I burst out laughing. The
thing is, I also had some cans of chopped green chili peppers right next
to the FF. The cans are the same size. She knew which ones to choose
from!

Jill

How sweet! I hope she got the FF. She certainly deserved it.

Judith

It was very sweet. Also very funny. Of course she got her FF! For
being so cute and so clever.

Jill

General update Pat[_4_] Cat anecdotes 2 July 16th 09 05:39 PM
Purrz fur General Tso Sundance Cat community 9 September 29th 08 08:08 PM
General information David Stevenson Cat rescue 1 February 10th 07 11:46 PM
In General Pat Cat anecdotes 2 November 30th 06 11:45 PM
General information David Stevenson Cat community 6 December 26th 03 03:12 AM