Pawprints on the counter

Old June 30th 04, 01:34 AM
Kath

Default Pawprints on the counter

Help! I have tried all the usual methods to keep my fearless feline
off the kitchen counter and nothing is working. She doesn't mind
being squirted with water, will happily walk on foil or sticky tape,
and loud noises from falling tin cans do not bother her at all. I
even tried wiping down the counters frequently with a lemon scented
cleanser that she appeared to dislike - the result was very clean
counter tops but she was still hopping up there. She is only 10
months old and is allowed on every other surface in the house except
the kitchen counters. That one area I do not want her to go and it
has become "the final frontier". I am on my last inch of rope but not
ready to give up. I would really love some new ideas!
Old June 30th 04, 01:43 AM
Cathy Friedmann

I gave up on this years ago. ;-) Really. Some others say they've had
success, but I never did. And cats on the counters don't truly gross me
out, so I gave up.

Cathy

om...

Old June 30th 04, 02:48 AM
Sherry

I gave up on this years ago. ;-) Really. Some others say they've had
success, but I never did. And cats on the counters don't truly gross me
out, so I gave up.

Cathy

Oh, me too. Long ago. My advice would be...just be sure to clean it before you
prepare food. And be sure to act shocked if the cat does it when company comes
over.

Sherry

Old June 30th 04, 03:47 AM
.oO rach Oo.

I wish I could suggest something new but like I said to my fiancé today " we
have completely lost all control of the house" and he said that we lost it
the day the cats came to live here and that's fine with us. The only thing I
worry about is them jumping on the stove to get to the counter. Delilah is
the only one to do this and never does it while the stove is on. Stella
chooses to jump up my back, sit on my shoulder for a bit then leap to the
counter.

If cats could talk, they'd tell us resistance is futile.

--
rach

om...