What Do you do? A Poll

Old January 20th 05, 05:28 AM
Howard Berkowitz

In article , "Yowie"
wrote:

"Kreisleriana" wrote in message
On Tue, 18 Jan 2005 11:38:27 +1100, "Yowie"
yodeled:

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Marina wrote:
I hear it's an acquired taste. Yowie is training Cary to love

vegemite
as we speak. How's the carpet?

Hmmm... that might qualify as child abuse in some countries... ;-)

Victor, who knows lots of people love vegemite but still can't
understand why

The trick with vegemite is not to slap it on like you would jelly or

peanut
butter. A *scraping* is all that is required, at least until you can
eat

it
straight out the jar :-)

I played a game of Vegemite Poker once with my Aussie ex and his
brothers. The loser of each hand had to eat a tablespoonful of
Vegemite. I provided them with lots of amusement. :P

Yeah, that sound slike a very Aussie thing to do :-)

When my former father-in-law managed the Middle Eastern region for a
large manufacturing company, he offered prizes for a sales contest.
First prize was one week in Riyadh, all expenses paid. Second prize was
two weeks in Riyadh, all expenses paid.

There seems a parallel here.
Old January 20th 05, 05:46 AM
Bill Stock

"Howard Berkowitz" wrote in message
In article , "Monique Y.

On 2005-01-20, badwilson penned:

Yeah, they have some nice stuff. But ordering clothes online in
Thailand isn't exactly cost effective. That is *if* anyone ships
here, which is rare.

Doh! I don't know why I didn't think of that.

It's cheaper for me to buy the fabric and have
my sewing lady make stuff for me. I can get into sports wear and
stretchy shirts, etc., but it's when it's a dressy button up shirt
where the problems come in. Gaping buttons and all that.

*nod*

At 5' 6" and 130 lbs I'm certainly not fat, but around here I'm a
behemoth! ;-)

Yeah, I had a friend who lived in Singapore. She was a little large but
not
huge by any stretch, but apparently most everyone there looks like a
stick
figure and she felt very self-conscious about her weight.

Me, I think I was 130 when I was 12 ... and that was probably the last
time =)
140 would be a good, muscular weight for me, but I seem to have trouble
getting there. (TMI warning) I just switched from Depo to the pill,
though,
and my doctor thinks I'll lose 5-10 pounds just from that.

TMI warning? All I can think of is Three Mile Island. Is this supposed
to be gross-out-men stuff? :-)

Too Much Information. As in Vino's Butt Juice.

Old January 20th 05, 08:09 AM
Seanette Blaylock

Howard Berkowitz had some very interesting things
to say about What Do you do? A Poll:

TMI warning? All I can think of is Three Mile Island. Is this supposed
to be gross-out-men stuff? :-)

Too Much Information. Usually used when discussing personal or icky
biological functions. :-)

Old January 20th 05, 10:07 AM
jmcquown

On 2005-01-19, badwilson penned:

"bonbon" wrote in message

It's a bummer though when you put on a nice blouse, go into the
bathroom to fix the hair and upon bending and raising your arms,
split the seams in the sleeves.

Yes, that's true. They don't seem to make clothes for athletic
women with muscles. It's even worse here in Thailand where all
women are these rail thin waifs of under 100 lbs with no boobs. I
have a hard enough time finding something that fits across the
chest, then it's usually too tight around the shoulders and arms
too. I wear a lot of tank tops ;-)

Have you tried http://www.title9sports.com ?

They have some cool stuff. Unfortunately, at the moment (okay, for
as long as I can recall), I've had a bit of a larger body type than
the clothing is typically designed for.

Yeah, they have some nice stuff. But ordering clothes online in
Thailand isn't exactly cost effective. That is *if* anyone ships
here, which is rare. It's cheaper for me to buy the fabric and have
my sewing lady make stuff for me. I can get into sports wear and
stretchy shirts, etc., but it's when it's a dressy button up shirt
where the problems come in. Gaping buttons and all that.
At 5' 6" and 130 lbs I'm certainly not fat, but around here I'm a
behemoth! ;-)

Mom always had our clothes tailored when we lived in Bangkok. Not only was
it more cost-effective to go pick out fabric and get measured, the clothes
actually *fit*. BUT - when we came back to the States it was winter in Ohio
and the warmest fabric we could find was corduroy. I had a coat made of
corduroy with a satin lining. 2 feet of snow on the ground, walking to
school in Ohio, that simply didn't cut it.

Jill

Old January 24th 05, 02:17 AM
badwilson

On 2005-01-19, badwilson penned:

"bonbon" wrote in message

[...]

I've had quite a few things made. You're right, the clothes fit
perfectly, which I love. The only problem is the fabric. It's hard
to find cotton, there's a lot of silk but for everyday wear that's not
only hot but unpractical. Tons of polyester...ick. I've actually
bought fabric in Canada and Australia and brought it back here for my
sewing lady to make stuff with.
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old January 24th 05, 02:27 AM
badwilson

On 2005-01-20, badwilson penned:

Yeah, they have some nice stuff. But ordering clothes online in
Thailand isn't exactly cost effective. That is *if* anyone ships
here, which is rare.

Doh! I don't know why I didn't think of that.

It's cheaper for me to buy the fabric and have
my sewing lady make stuff for me. I can get into sports wear and
stretchy shirts, etc., but it's when it's a dressy button up shirt
where the problems come in. Gaping buttons and all that.

*nod*

At 5' 6" and 130 lbs I'm certainly not fat, but around here I'm a
behemoth! ;-)

Yeah, I had a friend who lived in Singapore. She was a little large

but not
huge by any stretch, but apparently most everyone there looks like a

stick
figure and she felt very self-conscious about her weight.

I actually just got back from Singapore. Went for a weekend in
Bangkok with my friends and ended up in Singapore! Gotta love it when
that happens! But it was great fun and I got another 90 days on my
visa. Didn't have to drive to Cambodia :-)
Anyway, Singapore rocks compared to Bangkok when it comes to shopping.
They actually have normal western sizes. I was freaking out when I
saw all the huge stuff they had. It actually made me feel tiny!
There are still a lot of tiny Asians around, but also many larger
Indians and lots of westerners. The only downside is that things are
*way* more expensive than Bangkok. It's so frustrating, either
things don't fit but are cheap, or they fit but are outrageously
expensive!

Me, I think I was 130 when I was 12 ... and that was probably the

last time =)
140 would be a good, muscular weight for me, but I seem to have

trouble
getting there. (TMI warning) I just switched from Depo to the pill,

though,
and my doctor thinks I'll lose 5-10 pounds just from that.

Well, I was 160 a couple of years ago. At that point I had no hope at
all of fitting into anything here. But I got into fitness and lost 35
lbs over the course of 6 months. I've put on some muscle since then
from weight lifting.
I've never been on Depo but have heard that a weight gain of 20-40 lbs
isn't unheard of. I think you're smart to get off it. Here in
Thailand I can pick up pills at the grocery store. I pretty much
tried a bunch of different ones until I found one that I was happy
with. The one I was on in Canada made me feel PMS'y.

Old January 24th 05, 02:34 AM
Mischief

Same here

I have a BA in Theater from UCLA and tried to be an actress in Los
Angeles while working receptionist and temp jobs. Got really sick of
that, so I'm now back in school studying to be a Registered Veterinary
Technician while working as a tech in an animal hospital.

Kristi

Old January 25th 05, 04:02 AM
Seanette Blaylock

"badwilson" had some very interesting things
to say about What Do you do? A Poll:

I've never been on Depo but have heard that a weight gain of 20-40 lbs
isn't unheard of. I think you're smart to get off it. Here in
Thailand I can pick up pills at the grocery store. I pretty much
tried a bunch of different ones until I found one that I was happy
with. The one I was on in Canada made me feel PMS'y.

I remember that feeling, along with almost-constant mild nausea. One
brand [wish I could remember which one] sent me into about the worst
depression of my life.

I did find that the symptoms [especially psychological] were somewhat
milder on three-phase.

Old January 25th 05, 04:40 AM
badwilson

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...
"badwilson" had some very interesting

things
to say about What Do you do? A Poll:

I've never been on Depo but have heard that a weight gain of 20-40

lbs
isn't unheard of. I think you're smart to get off it. Here in
Thailand I can pick up pills at the grocery store. I pretty much
tried a bunch of different ones until I found one that I was happy
with. The one I was on in Canada made me feel PMS'y.

I remember that feeling, along with almost-constant mild nausea. One
brand [wish I could remember which one] sent me into about the worst
depression of my life.

I did find that the symptoms [especially psychological] were

somewhat
milder on three-phase.

Yes, three phase is much better. I started on it originally when I
was 19. But a few years later my doc put me on a different one, not 3
phase. 2 years ago I put myself back on 3 phase and I feel *much*
better. If I still don't want kids in 5 years, I'm taking Dennis in
for the big snip ;-) Then I won't have to worry about taking any
chemicals anymore.

Old January 26th 05, 12:15 AM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2005-01-25, badwilson penned:

"Seanette Blaylock" wrote in
message ...

I did find that the symptoms [especially psychological] were somewhat
milder on three-phase.

Yes, three phase is much better. I started on it originally when I
was 19. But a few years later my doc put me on a different one, not 3
phase. 2 years ago I put myself back on 3 phase and I feel *much*
better. If I still don't want kids in 5 years, I'm taking Dennis in
for the big snip ;-) Then I won't have to worry about taking any
chemicals anymore.

What are these phases of which you speak? Are you talking about
variable-dosage pills?

--
monique, roommate of Oscar the (female) grouch