Kitty Keeper

Old May 31st 05, 03:29 AM
Julie_Snowshoe

Default Kitty Keeper

As I mentioned in my post to Marina, I am at Amelia Island Plantation
in Amelia Island, Florida for 10 Days beginning last Friday. DH had a
race in Memphis, TN and would be home on Monday but then fly to Florida
on Wednesday to be with me. That meant Sam would either have to have
another shot of steroids - much stronger this time if he was going to
stay at home. Then there are the races in Wisconsin at the end of June
and Watkins Glen July 9/10 to say nothing of the two races in August,
two in September and one that last 10 days in Ohio in September. And
we're talking about going to Barcellona for a week in November. We
might as well take him off inhaled meds and put him on steroids and
hope he doesn't suffer kidney damage or liver failure. OR

We could have Dana come in and check on the cats. We've never had a
non-family member come in and check on the cats but Dana came highly
recommended. She sits for two of my co-workers' cats. I called her to
discuss my cats and what she does to care for the cats and I was
sitting on the bed. Sam had joined me and was asleep when Barnabus
jumped up on the bed and lept on top of Sam and began playing. I asked
Dana to hold a minute and said, "Barnabus, get off of Sam, he doesn't
want to play!" and Dana said "Sam Cook? I know Sam Cook! I've given
him his little kitty mask before. I absolutely love Sam I can't wait to
see him.

Well, it turns out that Dana worked for my current vet and had on
multiple times delt with all of my cats but when I boarded Sam last
September while we were on vacation and had him snipped and wormed and
prepared for life on the inside, Dana had been the one to take care of
Sam. And she takes care of the boarded cats at the clinic on the
weekened which was when she gave Sam his inhaled meds. I was very
comfortable leaving them with Dana.

She came in on Thursday night to meet everyone and Sam went straight to
her as she sat on the kitchen floor and put his little head in her lap
and started purring. Eventually Hobbes had his head in her lap and
Selena even let her pet her head - which has never happened before with
a stranger.

DH is taking care of everyone today, Tuesday and Wednesday am and then
Dana will return on Wednesday evening and come see everyone twice a day
Thursday - Saturday and once on Sunday morning to make sure Sam gets
his a.m. dose of drug.

All in all, I think I've found the solution to caring for Sam when we
travel and for the same money it would cost to board Sam I can have all
five cats cared for during the time we are away. How cool is that?

Julie

Old May 31st 05, 03:47 AM
Karen

in article ,
Julie_Snowshoe at
wrote on 5/30/05 9:29 PM:

[...]

Man, Julie, you couldn't ORDER a baby sitter any better than that!
Excellent!

Old May 31st 05, 03:51 AM
Victor Martinez

Julie_Snowshoe wrote:
All in all, I think I've found the solution to caring for Sam when we
travel and for the same money it would cost to board Sam I can have all
five cats cared for during the time we are away. How cool is that?

Most excellent!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old May 31st 05, 04:24 AM
Mischief

Ah, didn't read the other posting

Congrats on the kitten formerly known as Mere and is now Miranda

kristi

Old May 31st 05, 04:34 AM
Marina

Julie_Snowshoe wrote:

All in all, I think I've found the solution to caring for Sam when we
travel and for the same money it would cost to board Sam I can have all
five cats cared for during the time we are away. How cool is that?

That's wonderful. It will be so much less stressful for Sam to stay at
home than be boarded. (LOL, I never realised he was Sam Cook before.
How's his singing voice?)

--
Marina, Frank and Miranda. In loving memory of Nikki.
Old May 31st 05, 11:52 AM
Adrian

Julie_Snowshoe wrote:
[...]

Wonderful! :-)
--
Adrian (Owned by Snoopy & Bagheera)
A house is not a home, without a cat.

Old May 31st 05, 09:22 PM
polonca12000

That's wonderful!
Best wishes,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Julie_Snowshoe" wrote in message
oups.com...
[...]

recommended. She sits for two of my co-workers' cats. snip

Old May 31st 05, 09:39 PM
jmcquown

Julie_Snowshoe wrote:
All in all, I think I've found the solution to caring for Sam when we
travel and for the same money it would cost to board Sam I can have
all five cats cared for during the time we are away. How cool is that?

Julie

Sounds purrrfect to me, Julie!

Jill

Old June 1st 05, 11:53 PM
SuzQ

All in all, I think I've found the solution to caring for Sam when we
travel and for the same money it would cost to board Sam I can have all
five cats cared for during the time we are away. How cool is that?

Julie
That's great. I bet it will make being away from home easier.
Suz&Spicey

Flexible Kitty Fat Freddy Cat anecdotes 38 November 19th 04 05:09 AM
Fisticuffs Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 18 November 18th 04 11:40 AM
Bad Kitty Day Bobcat Cat anecdotes 3 October 24th 04 06:24 PM
Picture of my kitty..... Gandalf Cat anecdotes 22 May 8th 04 04:43 PM
A Gift from Mai Kitty David Cat anecdotes 20 May 2nd 04 09:50 PM