A bad place for a cat fight

Old October 22nd 03, 05:24 PM
Dan Mahoney

Default A bad place for a cat fight

This morning the conflict between Amelia and Tabitha over
shoulder-riding rights reached a new pinnacle.

As usual, Amelia was waiting for me when I emerged from the shower. She
planned to wait for me to wrap a towel around my shoulders, leap onto
the towel, and groom my hair while I brushed my teeth. Unfortunately,
Tabitha planned the same. I invited Amelia up and got her nicely
settled, then while my back was turned towards Tabitha she jumped on tot
he towel as well. What followed was a close-quarters cat fight.

I've always known that you don't want to stick your hands into the
middle of a cat fight. I can now tell you first hand that you also don't
want your head in the middle of a cat fight. The results are *not*
particularly enjoyable.

The fight lasted only a few seconds, though it felt like several minutes
to me. The patchup job (applying first-aid cream to the scratches on my
head, face, shoulders, arms, underarms, back and butt) took much longer.

This weekend I am *definitely* going to have to get busy designing a
papoose-sling for Tabitha to ride in/on.

Dan

Old October 22nd 03, 06:46 PM
m. L. Briggs

On Wed, 22 Oct 2003 09:24:14 -0700, Dan Mahoney
wrote:

[...]

A long, heavy bathrobe or a suit of armor would help. MLB
Old October 22nd 03, 06:55 PM
Nan

wrote:

This morning the conflict between Amelia and Tabitha over
shoulder-riding rights reached a new pinnacle.

As usual, Amelia was waiting for me when I emerged from the shower. She
planned to wait for me to wrap a towel around my shoulders, leap onto
the towel, and groom my hair while I brushed my teeth. Unfortunately,
Tabitha planned the same. I invited Amelia up and got her nicely
settled, then while my back was turned towards Tabitha she jumped on tot
he towel as well. What followed was a close-quarters cat fight.

I've always known that you don't want to stick your hands into the
middle of a cat fight. I can now tell you first hand that you also don't
want your head in the middle of a cat fight. The results are *not*
particularly enjoyable.

OUCH!

The fight lasted only a few seconds, though it felt like several minutes
to me. The patchup job (applying first-aid cream to the scratches on my
head, face, shoulders, arms, underarms, back and butt) took much longer.

I think I would put some clothes on before I brushed my teeth if I
were you.

Old October 22nd 03, 10:05 PM
polonca12000

Lots of purrs and best wishes for your wounds to heal really fast,
--
Polonca & Soncek

"Dan Mahoney" wrote in message
This morning the conflict between Amelia and Tabitha over
shoulder-riding rights reached a new pinnacle.

snip

Old October 23rd 03, 12:07 AM
Brenda

[...]

we're sending you some special healing purrs, Dan!
Brenda

Old October 23rd 03, 05:06 AM
Marina

"Dan Mahoney" wrote
This morning the conflict between Amelia and Tabitha over
shoulder-riding rights reached a new pinnacle.

I'll say. Purrs for your wounds to heal quickly. What a pair! And they just
love their Paw so much.

--
Marina, Frank and Nikki

Old October 23rd 03, 06:14 AM
Jean H

Oh dear Dan, but they must love you an awful lot, maybe that'll
makeup for the scratches. just got a fit of the giggles while I was
typing just Imgining it all happening sorry Purrs for your wounds Jean P

Old October 23rd 03, 05:52 PM
Dan Mahoney

Jean H wrote:
Oh dear Dan, but they must love you an awful lot, maybe that'll
makeup for the scratches. just got a fit of the giggles while I was
typing just Imgining it all happening sorry Purrs for your wounds Jean P

Even while I was in the midst of the flashing claws my thoughts were
running towards "gee, they must REALLY like their shouldering time".
Funny how we get so devoted our furkids, isn't it?

Dan