Ok, where is the facebook group?

Old August 19th 17, 03:18 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

On 8/19/2017 2:22 AM, Yowie wrote:
On Saturday, 19 August 2017 11:23:00 UTC+10, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
On Friday, August 18, 2017 at 9:29:15 AM UTC-6, dgk wrote:
On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill

I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...

If you have Yowie's email, you can send to her, she was just asking if any of us knew yours. She'd love to invite you (it's a secret group, so can't be "found", but it's not moderated)

Yowie's email without the asterisks is:

***

I'd be happy to invite you to RPCA-on-Facebook, there'll be lots of familiar faces. You too, Jill.

I don't post here much (or on RPCA-on-Facebook) any more because life has gotten very very busy and my muse, Shmoggleberry, has long since gone to RB.

Pickle is now my primary owner, and we now have a trainee owner, Coffee as well. The office of D-Thing, which Fluffy departed from in 2010, is now occupied by Pepper, and the Yowlet is in his first year of highschool.

Yowie
--

Thanks, Yowie. But I really don't like Facebook. I had an account
there once years ago. Didn't like it, closed the account. I guess if

Jill
Old August 19th 17, 08:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.

Hi Yowie! It's good to hear from you. You can invite me too, if you
will.

It's hard to believe the Yowlet is that old.

You have Pickle and Coffee, and I have Pickles and Koala. ;-)

Joy
Old August 19th 17, 08:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

As I type this, I am listening to John Williamson singing "The
Beachcomber from Wollongong" and remembering my visit to Wollongong.
Old August 20th 17, 02:49 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

On Saturday, August 19, 2017 at 1:56:07 PM UTC-6, Joy wrote:
[...]

Probably best to send her an email, and she'll send you an invite (she sent an invite to DGK already)
Old August 20th 17, 02:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill

I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...

If you have Yowie's email, you can send to her, she was just asking if any of us knew yours. She'd love to invite you (it's a secret group, so can't be "found", but it's not moderated)

Yowie's email without the asterisks is:

***

I'd be happy to invite you to RPCA-on-Facebook, there'll be lots of familiar faces. You too, Jill.

Thanks, Yowie. I really don't like Facebook. I had an account there
years ago. I guess if this newsgroup is going to die it simply will. I,
for one, keep posting here.

I don't post here much (or on RPCA-on-Facebook) any more because life has gotten very very busy and my muse, Shmoggleberry, has long since gone to RB.

Life tends to get in the way, doesn't it? wink

Pickle is now my primary owner, and we now have a trainee owner, Coffee as well. The office of D-Thing, which Fluffy departed from in 2010, is now occupied by Pepper, and the Yowlet is in his first year of highschool.

Yowie

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. But I remember Pickle. Coffee
sounds like a great new owner.

Take care,

Jill

You can make FB so that you are only on the RPCA group. Ignore any invites on your "home page", and just read and post in that group.

I hated FB too, but once I became accustomed, I really enjoy it now (I tend to use mind/time waster games).
Old August 20th 17, 06:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 8/19/2017 6:49 PM, Smokie Darling (Annie) wrote:
[...]

She responded, saying she would send me one. She also said that I could
'friend' her on Facebook. I checked and we're already Facebook friends.
I guess she's like me and has so many that she forgets who they are.
Old August 21st 17, 03:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 13:47:54 -0400, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I haven't been on Facebook in a while, now that you mention it!

Nothing much has changed though. Dot still looks at me and says "Eck" at
every opportunity, and Buster still whines and follows me everywhere.
Old August 26th 17, 02:00 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 20 Aug 2017 22:25:23 -0400, Takayuki
wrote:

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 13:47:54 -0400, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I haven't been on Facebook in a while, now that you mention it!

Nothing much has changed though. Dot still looks at me and says "Eck" at
every opportunity, and Buster still whines and follows me everywhere.

Oh please. Until you've had Nipsy, you don't know what a whining cat
is. When I first got him, he whined all the way home. Fine, that's
expected. But when he hadn't stopped after two months, I took him to
the vet. Another three months, back to the vet. I figured that there
MUST be something hurting him. Nope, he just likes to whine.

Thirteen years later, he still whines non-stop. Luckily, he's cute and
fluffy so I haven't kicked him across the room yet. No, I never would.
But he can be very annoying. Marlo never whined. Epsy didn't whine.
Scooter doesn't whine. Baby doesn't whine. Nico and Bushky didn't
whine. Lucky Boy didn't whine. Nope, no other cat that I've had has
whined like this.

It's like the Boy Who Whined Wolf. One day, there will really be a
problem but I won't know.