Needy kitty

Old July 20th 17, 12:42 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

Default Needy kitty

Koala is very needy this afternoon. He keeps bugging me to pet him.

He's come a long way from his feral past, and sometimes comes up on my
lap and demands petting when I'm in the living room. However, he
generally ignores me when I'm on the computer. However, the events of
this week have changed his attitude.

My air conditioning has been out for four weeks. My house is old enough
that the original ducting was asbestos, so that had to be removed, and
everything had to be replaced. On Monday the asbestos men came. After
they'd been gone for a while, Koala came to me once or twice for
petting while I was at the computer. Today the AC men came. The took
out the old heater, put in new ducting and heater, and installed a new
air conditioner. They were here for about six hours, and emptied out my
bedroom closet, had equipment all over the house, and made lots of noise.

It took almost half an hour for Koala to come out of hiding after they'd
left. Since then he's come up to me at least a dozen times, demanding
petting. Pickles has needed some reassurance, but not the way Koala
has. We're all relived that it's over, and we're really enjoying a cool
house.

Sorry, I have to go. He's baaack.
Old July 20th 17, 02:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

On Wed, 19 Jul 2017 16:42:55 -0700, Joy
wrote:

Koala is very needy this afternoon. He keeps bugging me to pet him.

He's come a long way from his feral past, and sometimes comes up on my
lap and demands petting when I'm in the living room. However, he
generally ignores me when I'm on the computer. However, the events of
this week have changed his attitude.

You're LUCKY!

GLyN will lay on my hand and arm so I CAN'T use the computer,
but leaves the other arm free so I can pet him.

He ALSO seems to know when I'm busiest, and chooses THEN to
decide to want attention.

He's almost feral, only attached to me, and spends most of the
time outside but last night, wanted to nap with me in my bed,
which he usually only does when it's cold, or raining.

Was NOT cold last night, never even got down to 70 outside,
and higher inside, so I fur coat was nOT what I needed.

But I still let him snuggle for a while, until I got too hot
and got up again.

Old July 23rd 17, 01:25 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

Hopefully he doesn't come into bed directly from the rain. My cats
don't really go out, but I do have an atrium open to the sky and
they're free to go there any time (and use it like a litter box) so
once in a while a wet cat comes into bed. Ugh. At least I know when
it's been raining. This is the rainy season in southern Florida and it
can rain at any time for a little while. Mostly it rains so hard that
it's impossible not to notice, but sometimgs it's a gentle rain and I
only know because someone lying next to me is wet. Thanks for letting
me know.

Old July 23rd 17, 01:50 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

wrote:

[...]

I assume you keep a towel close to the bed for those occasions?

A Needy Siamese Cat Jo Firey Cat anecdotes 12 January 6th 06 03:23 AM
"Needy" kittens O J Cat anecdotes 5 February 15th 05 09:34 PM
Needy when it rains KellyH Cat anecdotes 4 December 5th 04 12:17 PM
Help with clingy, needy cat KellyH Cat health & behaviour 45 June 15th 04 10:42 PM