Ok, where is the facebook group?

Old August 17th 17, 06:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

Default Ok, where is the facebook group?

If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.
Old August 17th 17, 08:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!
Old August 18th 17, 12:46 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill
Old August 18th 17, 04:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 19:46:31 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill

I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...
Old August 18th 17, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill

I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...

Well, for what it's worth, I keep trying to talk about Buffy and posted
recent pics. I guess people are just too busy.

I, for one, would *love* to see pics (if possible) of Tweed's new
adopted cats. But she only posted she got one, it was taken back, then
she adopted two. Now she's gone again. Hopefully she's just having fun
with her newly adopted cats.

Jill
Old August 19th 17, 02:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill

I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...

If you have Yowie's email, you can send to her, she was just asking if any of us knew yours. She'd love to invite you (it's a secret group, so can't be "found", but it's not moderated)
Old August 19th 17, 02:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Smokie Darling (Annie)

wrote:

[...]

The Posh Girls, as she's calling them now. Not sure where she could post them, to be seen though (great thing about FB is posting piccies within a comment).
Old August 19th 17, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

There are tons of free photo hosting sites. I use www.postimage.org
Upload a pic, click a link to post the image via URL. Like this:

https://s17.postimg.org/qrdikl1m7/hi_you.jpg

This obviously is not a binary newsgroup, but there are always ways to
post pictures without using Facebook.

Jill
Jill
Old August 19th 17, 07:22 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie[_4_]

wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill

I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...

If you have Yowie's email, you can send to her, she was just asking if any of us knew yours. She'd love to invite you (it's a secret group, so can't be "found", but it's not moderated)

Yowie's email without the asterisks is:

***

I'd be happy to invite you to RPCA-on-Facebook, there'll be lots of familiar faces. You too, Jill.

I don't post here much (or on RPCA-on-Facebook) any more because life has gotten very very busy and my muse, Shmoggleberry, has long since gone to RB.

Pickle is now my primary owner, and we now have a trainee owner, Coffee as well. The office of D-Thing, which Fluffy departed from in 2010, is now occupied by Pepper, and the Yowlet is in his first year of highschool.

Yowie
--
If you're paddling upstream in a canoe and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes can you fit in a doghouse? None, icecream doesn't have bones.
Old August 19th 17, 03:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

On 8/17/2017 3:29 PM, Mishi wrote:
On Thursday, August 17, 2017 at 1:48:01 PM UTC-4, dgk wrote:
If we're going to have 4 posts over two weeks, I guess I'd better get
on that facebook thingie.

I can't find it at all!

I haven't had a facebook account in years, but it might be one of those
moderated groups you have to be "invited" to join. shrug

Jill

I think so also. I once got an invite, I'll have to scan 4000 posts or
so...

If you have Yowie's email, you can send to her, she was just asking if any of us knew yours. She'd love to invite you (it's a secret group, so can't be "found", but it's not moderated)

Yowie's email without the asterisks is:

***

I'd be happy to invite you to RPCA-on-Facebook, there'll be lots of familiar faces. You too, Jill.

Thanks, Yowie. I really don't like Facebook. I had an account there
years ago. I guess if this newsgroup is going to die it simply will. I,
for one, keep posting here.

I don't post here much (or on RPCA-on-Facebook) any more because life has gotten very very busy and my muse, Shmoggleberry, has long since gone to RB.

Life tends to get in the way, doesn't it? wink

Pickle is now my primary owner, and we now have a trainee owner, Coffee as well. The office of D-Thing, which Fluffy departed from in 2010, is now occupied by Pepper, and the Yowlet is in his first year of highschool.

Yowie

I'm so sorry to hear about your losses. But I remember Pickle. Coffee
sounds like a great new owner.

Take care,

Jill