Cat grass - tastier than cobwebs!

Old August 29th 17, 02:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

Default Cat grass - tastier than cobwebs!

When I was at a friend's house last week, I noticed that she had a large,
but slightly wilted bunch of grass sitting on a bench.

I asked her if it was cat grass, and it was! But unfortunately, she said
that her cat showed no interest in it, which is why she'd stopped bothering
to water it. She gave it to me, and I took it home, because I knew that Dot
would love it, as anyone who's seen this video knows that Dot is fond of
grass, even as it makes her throw up:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3AoDtwiFWM

I watered the grass, and let it sit and recover a bit of its succulence,
and then left next to Dot's food bowl.

When Dot encountered it, she sniffed at the grass, drew back a little bit,
and seemed to say to herself, "OMG, the outside has come inside - just for
meee!" And she delicately eating the tenderest shoots, slurping them down
one after another like strands of spaghetti.

After a few days had passed, the somewhat more suspicious Buster also
started getting into it, and was chomping down just as enthusiastically as
Dot. "This is even tastier than cobwebs!" Buster seemed to say.
Old August 29th 17, 03:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/28/2017 9:28 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

Buffy loves cat grass (barley, rye, and oat grass). So did Persia. I
really should plant some more of it for her. I've got the seeds and the
planter. I'm just lazy about it. I sprinkle ground barley on her food
sometimes and she loves that too.

Persia threw up after eating grass because she always had a very
sensitive stomach. Nothing seems to faze Buffy.

Jill
Old August 29th 17, 06:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 8/28/2017 6:28 PM, Takayuki wrote:
[...]

LOL! It sounds as if that grass had great entertainment value for all
three of you.
Old August 30th 17, 02:51 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 22:02:52 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
Buffy loves cat grass (barley, rye, and oat grass). So did Persia. I
really should plant some more of it for her. I've got the seeds and the
planter. I'm just lazy about it. I sprinkle ground barley on her food
sometimes and she loves that too.

Persia threw up after eating grass because she always had a very
sensitive stomach. Nothing seems to faze Buffy.

I wonder if it depends on the grass type? The coarse and hardy outside
grass always makes Dot throw up, but she tends to keep down the soft and
tender kitty grass.
Old August 30th 17, 03:10 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 8/29/2017 9:51 PM, Takayuki wrote:
On Mon, 28 Aug 2017 22:02:52 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
Buffy loves cat grass (barley, rye, and oat grass). So did Persia. I
really should plant some more of it for her. I've got the seeds and the
planter. I'm just lazy about it. I sprinkle ground barley on her food
sometimes and she loves that too.

Persia threw up after eating grass because she always had a very
sensitive stomach. Nothing seems to faze Buffy.

I wonder if it depends on the grass type? The coarse and hardy outside
grass always makes Dot throw up, but she tends to keep down the soft and
tender kitty grass.

I think it's highly likely, Tak. Persia never went outside (neither
does Buffy) but she'd still throw up after eating the cat grass (any
type). Not so with Buffy; she seems to have a cast iron stomach.

Jill