my Chloe is dying

Old October 8th 17, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

Default my Chloe is dying

19 years old, long-term thyroid problem which we've been treating,
but she's been getting steadily thinner and weaker and now she can
hardly walk. Almost no interest in food - drinks a lot, including
Whiskas "cat milk" formula which is about her only real source of
nutrition now.

She spent years never leaving the house, then a couple of weeks
ago she suddenly remembered what the catflap was for and has been
out in the garden most of the day. It's mostly been a bit cold
and breezy, and most cats would come inside; my guess is that like
some old dying people she feels too hot.

I'll try to get the vet to come round tomorrow. She got badly
frightened the last time she had to go to the surgery and I'm
not putting her through that again. Problem is, she has tiny
and hard to find veins - very difficult to get a needle in.

We've had her 17 years.

She's been a lovely old friend. For years about the only part
of human beings she could relate to was feet, but a few years
ago she suddenly changed, and any moment I was lying down she'd
be on my chest purring and bopping me on the face to ask to be
stroked some more. She had the most persistent purr I've ever
encountered, just never stopped.

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin
Old October 8th 17, 07:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Cheryl[_5_]

So sorry to hear this.

--
Cheryl

---

Old October 8th 17, 08:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 10/8/2017 9:26 AM, Jack Campin wrote:
[...]

I'm so sorry to hear this! It always hurts to lose a loved one, no
matter how many legs they have. You have made the most difficult, most
loving decision a pet owner can make.
Old October 9th 17, 01:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mishi[_2_]

On Sunday, October 8, 2017 at 12:27:05 PM UTC-4, Jack Campin wrote:
[...]

Purrs for a lovely old lady, and for your broken heart.
Old October 9th 17, 04:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Sun, 08 Oct 2017 17:26:52 +0100, Jack Campin
wrote:

[...]

Oh, I so hate reading this. Purss for the lovely lady.
Old October 10th 17, 11:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/8/2017 12:26 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
[...]

I'm so very sorry to hear this, Jack. I know you'll make the right
decision. She's given you a lot of years of love and I know you've
given in right back to her. Purrs.

Jill
Old October 11th 17, 01:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

19 years old, long-term thyroid problem which we've been treating,
but she's been getting steadily thinner and weaker and now she can
hardly walk. [...]
She spent years never leaving the house, then a couple of weeks
ago she suddenly remembered what the catflap was for and has been
out in the garden most of the day. It's mostly been a bit cold
and breezy, and most cats would come inside; my guess is that like
some old dying people she feels too hot.
I'll try to get the vet to come round tomorrow.

The vet came this morning - she's gone. The vet was very kind
and gentle, Chloe was still purring seconds from the end. Then
she just flopped without a sound.

They're an amazing practice - started in the 1830s and now in their
8th generation as a family firm. I wish I'd known about them years
ago.

I miss that purr. Chloe was never a very active cat but she was
always around to talk to.

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin
Old October 11th 17, 01:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 10/10/2017 5:15 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
[...]

I'm sorry for your loss, but glad to know she is no longer miserable.
Old October 11th 17, 01:38 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/10/2017 8:15 PM, Jack Campin wrote:
[...]

I'm very sorry, Jack. You made the most loving and the most difficult
decision. {hugs}

Jill

Old October 18th 17, 12:02 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

wrote:
19 years old, long-term thyroid problem which we've been treating,
but she's been getting steadily thinner and weaker and now she can
hardly walk. Almost no interest in food - drinks a lot, including
Whiskas "cat milk" formula which is about her only real source of
nutrition now.

I love wonderfully old, sleepy kitty girls. I wish we could hold on to our
Chloes forever.