Duffy has gone to the Bridge (Oct. 16, 2017)

Old October 17th 17, 05:17 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL

Default Duffy has gone to the Bridge (Oct. 16, 2017)

I am heartbroken to report that my wonderful Duffy has gone to the
Bridge. He had a wonderful report at his last check-up a month ago, and
his health failure came on remarkably fast. My sister is visiting from
Ohio, and he was happy and playful when we left for dinner yesterday. He
had jumped up on the sofa to play with her, and he had jumped up on the
chair to sit in my lap shortly before we left. When we returned an hour
later, Duffy could not walk. It was Sunday, so the veterinarians in
town were closed. We drove to the nearest emergency vet, about 35 miles
away. He received a full evaluation, and the news looked bad --
probable thrombosis. I brought him home with 3 medications. One was
anti-seizure medication, and I was warned not to be surprised if he had
seizures. I took him to his own veterinarian as soon as the clinic
opened at 7:30 this morning, and the emergency vet e-mailed copies of
his X-rays and the tests that were performed. Duffy could not get on
his feet all night. I slept in the room with him, and he moved around
the room during the night by pulling himself on his side. TED felt that
he had probably suffered a stroke. I made the painful decision to have
him put to sleep and not force my wonderful little guy to endure any
more pain. I am in pain over his loss, but Duffy is not. I know that
Duffy had a happy life and was healthy up to the very last day of his
life. Nikki and Selina are obviously disturbed. They stayed close to
him last night, and they kept looking for him after I returned home
without him this morning.

I made arrangements to have Duffy cremated and return his own cremains.
When Holly died, I had her ashes scattered around a Mahonia holly
outside the sunroom window. Duffy will rest at the base of another
Mahonia holly at the other end of the same window. TED said the Duffy
was my angel in life and now he in an angel in another life. That is
absolutely true.

Rest in peace, darling Duffy.

MaryL
Old October 17th 17, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy[_3_]

On 10/16/2017 9:17 PM, MaryL wrote:

I am heartbroken to report that my wonderful Duffy has gone to the
Bridge.Â* He had a wonderful report at his last check-up a month ago, and
his health failure came on remarkably fast.Â* My sister is visiting from
Ohio, and he was happy and playful when we left for dinner yesterday. He
had jumped up on the sofa to play with her, and he had jumped up on the
chair to sit in my lap shortly before we left. When we returned an hour
later, Duffy could not walk.Â* It was Sunday, so the veterinarians in
town were closed.Â* We drove to the nearest emergency vet, about 35 miles
away.Â* He received a full evaluation, and the news looked bad --
probable thrombosis.Â* I brought him home with 3 medications.Â* One was
anti-seizure medication, and I was warned not to be surprised if he had
seizures.Â* I took him to his own veterinarian as soon as the clinic
opened at 7:30 this morning, and the emergency vet e-mailed copies of
his X-rays and the tests that were performed.Â* Duffy could not get on
his feet all night.Â* I slept in the room with him, and he moved around
the room during the night by pulling himself on his side.Â* TED felt that
he had probably suffered a stroke.Â* I made the painful decision to have
him put to sleep and not force my wonderful little guy to endure any
more pain.Â* I am in pain over his loss, but Duffy is not.Â* I know that
Duffy had a happy life and was healthy up to the very last day of his
life.Â* Nikki and Selina are obviously disturbed.Â* They stayed close to
him last night, and they kept looking for him after I returned home
without him this morning.

I made arrangements to have Duffy cremated and return his own cremains.
When Holly died, I had her ashes scattered around a Mahonia holly
outside the sunroom window.Â* Duffy will rest at the base of another
Mahonia holly at the other end of the same window.Â* TED said the Duffy
was my angel in life and now he in an angel in another life.Â* That is
absolutely true.

Rest in peace, darling Duffy.

MaryL

I'm so sorry to hear this. I know that you know you made the most
loving, most difficult decision a pet owner can make. I'm sure Duffy
will thank you for it when you meet at the Rainbow Bridge.
Old October 17th 17, 10:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 5:17:18 AM UTC+1, MaryL wrote:
I am heartbroken to report that my wonderful Duffy has gone to the
Bridge.

Sorry to hear Duffy has crossed the Bridge-I always loved your stories about him and Duffy

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs
Old October 17th 17, 10:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Tuesday, October 17, 2017 at 10:03:47 AM UTC+1, Lesley Madigan wrote:

Sorry to hear Duffy has crossed the Bridge-I always loved your stories about him and Duffy

Sorry him and Holly

Old October 17th 17, 10:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

On 10/17/2017 12:17 AM, MaryL wrote:

[...]

I'm so very sorry to hear this. Duffy was a remarkable cat and he had a
very good life with you he otherwise might not have had. Purrs for your
broken heart.

Jill
Old October 18th 17, 12:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

I'm sorry to hear that your legendary Duffy is now gone. What a wonderful
story he'll have to share with everyone at RB.
Old October 19th 17, 01:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jack Campin

MaryL -OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:
I am heartbroken to report that my wonderful Duffy has gone
to the Bridge.

Oh no. He was lovely. You gave him a long and happy life but
of course you'll wish it was longer.

When Holly died, I had her ashes scattered around a Mahonia holly
outside the sunroom window. Duffy will rest at the base of another
Mahonia holly at the other end of the same window.

My Chloe is under a monkey puzzle tree we'd had ready to plant
out for months. If it grows to full height it'll be the tallest
tree in the village centre, though my ashes will probably be
beside her by then.

mobile 07895 860 060 http://www.campin.me.uk Twitter: JackCampin
Old October 19th 17, 04:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Mon, 16 Oct 2017 23:17:13 -0500, MaryL
-OUT-THE-LITTER wrote:

[...]

Oh no, I'm so sorry to hear that. You and Jack, a bad week. Purrs.