meows constantly

Old December 22nd 04, 04:48 AM

Default meows constantly

My 10 month old male cat meows constantly as he walks from room to room.
There are three cats in the home Chevy 10 month male, Sally 3 year female
siamese, and Bill 21 year old male. This cat is much like a dog as he
replies and or comes to me when his name is called. He listens to comands
such as stay away from food while bill eat's and come here. he also has a
fascination to anything Bob - shoes, shirts, pants. He sniffs them up like
is was cat nip then lays on them.
Any answers to -
1.Why does he meow constantly
2.Why does he like only my stuff not the wifes?
Thanks much and Happy Holidays to all :-)

#1.) You might want to take him in for a check-up and have the vet
check specfically for his hearing? He could be slowly losing it. Also you
might want vet to do bloodwork on him which could detect any underlying
problems.

ML

Old December 22nd 04, 05:59 AM
mlbriggs

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 03:48:47 +0000, sampleshere.nospam wrote:

My 10 month old male cat meows constantly as he walks from room to room.
There are three cats in the home Chevy 10 month male, Sally 3 year female
siamese, and Bill 21 year old male. This cat is much like a dog as he
replies and or comes to me when his name is called. He listens to comands
such as stay away from food while bill eat's and come here. he also has a
fascination to anything Bob - shoes, shirts, pants. He sniffs them up like
is was cat nip then lays on them.
Any answers to -
1.Why does he meow constantly
2.Why does he like only my stuff not the wifes?
Thanks much and Happy Holidays to all :-)

Maybe he's singing a little song.
Old December 22nd 04, 08:27 AM
Luvskats00

My Sammy has a foot fetish. He hugs my husband's feet...he puts his paws in all
our shoes then hugs them & rolls all over the floor hugging the shoe. Weird
guy. giggle
Old December 22nd 04, 10:31 AM
Ashley

"Luvskats00" wrote in message
My Sammy has a foot fetish. He hugs my husband's feet...he puts his paws
in all
our shoes then hugs them & rolls all over the floor hugging the shoe.
Weird
guy. giggle

Not really. He's probably responding to the smell.

Ashley
Trying to touch type with a cat helping.

Old December 22nd 04, 10:36 AM

ML, you must work for a vet or have arelative in the field? If you read
the post entirley I stated the CAT can hear and comes when called...he is
far from deaf or even a slight hearing problem.
I am not posting here to create a chat..ONLY to get answers.
Thanks to ALL that have replied and welcome more relative to topic.

Old December 22nd 04, 11:17 AM
sarah

My cat meows purrs and makes all manner of funny noises. I think you cat is
just trying to communicate! Talk to him on a one to one basis. It may just
be your undivided attention he seeks.

My cat is a real chatterbox. We often have 'conversations'.

But don't discuss politics!

sarah

Old December 22nd 04, 12:38 PM

Hi Sarah,

Your 100% correct! When I pick him up and snug with him he's quiet but as
soon as he's down and in another room he is up and talking again. Confusing
though...he doesn't come in here and talk and is always in another room away
from other cats and people

Old December 22nd 04, 09:07 PM
Mary

wrote in message
ML, you must work for a vet or have arelative in the field? If you read
the post entirley I stated the CAT can hear and comes when called...he is
far from deaf or even a slight hearing problem.
I am not posting here to create a chat..ONLY to get answers.
Thanks to ALL that have replied and welcome more relative to topic.

It looks bad on you to flame someone for recommending a vet
check. It's a good idea.