Harri Roadcat is terribly sick

Old June 22nd 05, 01:11 AM
Dan M

Default Harri Roadcat is terribly sick

A few days ago I noticed Harri doing some coughing. She stopped after a
minute or so and it didn't repeat. Yesterday she had another coughing
fit, and that concerned me. She has also been a little bit listless and
lethargic. When I got back from my doctor appointment this afternoon I
saw that Harri has breathing very heavily, and she hadn't been doing
anything strenuous. By this time it was getting near 4 PM, and her usual
vet is over an hour's drive away at this time of day. I did some quick
research and located a vet in nearby Redlands, and remembered that I
have heard good things about that vet.

I had the feeling that Harri needed to see the vet immediately, and that
waiting until tomorrow might not be a good idea. I loaded Harri into the
carrier and we made the fastest trip to Redlands we've ever done. The
vet looked her over and found that she has a very high temperature. When
he listened to her breathing he found that she at least has a very
advanced case of pneumonia, and might have a collapsed lung. He did
mention that if I had waited til tomorrow, I probably would have had a
dead kitty.

The vet is reasonably sure that Harri will survive. She's spending the
night at the vet, getting IV fluids, antibiotics, and steroids. She's
also getting a lot of blood work done, and is getting some x-rays taken.
I'll find out about 10:00 AM tomorrow what the lab work shows.

The vet's assistant went over the vet's treatment plan before I left.
Turns out that Harri's treatment ought to cost almost exactly the amount
of my short-term disability checks for the last two weeks

Anyhow, purrs for Harri's recovery would be greatly appreciated.
Old June 22nd 05, 01:18 AM
Magic Mood Jeep©

Dan M wrote:
[...]

Oh no! Purrs from my *8* for Harri-the-travelling-companion-Roadcat to get
better!!!!

--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)©

Old June 22nd 05, 01:18 AM
Tish

Purrs for a special RoadCat. Hope she is back to being a young
hoolikitten very soon.

Old June 22nd 05, 01:22 AM
Hopitus

Purrs, prayers, and meatloaf meditations from MileHigh to southern CA for
poor little Harri's rapid recovery from this frightening illness. Maluce &
Rowdy send strong "get-wells" to Harri. Please share your worry w/us, Dan.

Old June 22nd 05, 01:23 AM
Christina Websell

"Dan M" wrote in message
[...]

You got all the purrs you need from here in England, both for her recovery
and for the money to pay for it. Have faith. If you have, somehow there
will be enough money for her vet's treatment and for you to get through.
Don't ask me how it works. It does. It has for me, anyway.
KFC & BF send their very best wishes, they read all her adventures and
wished they could be there too.

Tweed

Old June 22nd 05, 01:24 AM
Victor Martinez

Dan M wrote:
The vet is reasonably sure that Harri will survive. She's spending the

Whew, that's a relief! I was very scared there for a moment.

The vet's assistant went over the vet's treatment plan before I left.
Turns out that Harri's treatment ought to cost almost exactly the amount
of my short-term disability checks for the last two weeks

Dan, we still have a little bit of money leftover from Tweed's flowers,
I'm sure folks wouldn't mind donating it for Harri's vet bill. I'd be
happy to add some to it. Anybody else?

Anyhow, purrs for Harri's recovery would be greatly appreciated.

Lots and lots of purrs!

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old June 22nd 05, 01:29 AM
Lorna

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
Dan, we still have a little bit of money leftover from Tweed's flowers,
I'm sure folks wouldn't mind donating it for Harri's vet bill. I'd be
happy to add some to it. Anybody else?
Victor M. Martinez

Yes Victor, gladly..........Lorna

Old June 22nd 05, 01:30 AM
Lorna

"Dan M" wrote in message
.........snip...............
The vet is reasonably sure that Harri will survive. She's spending the
night at the vet, getting IV fluids, antibiotics, and steroids. She's also
getting a lot of blood work done, and is getting some x-rays taken. I'll
find out about 10:00 AM tomorrow what the lab work shows.

The vet's assistant went over the vet's treatment plan before I left.
Turns out that Harri's treatment ought to cost almost exactly the amount
of my short-term disability checks for the last two weeks

Anyhow, purrs for Harri's recovery would be greatly appreciated.

I am so sorry to hear this - we are sending heartfelt purrs and positive
thoughts in your direction.....Lorna (Chessie & Nikki)

Old June 22nd 05, 01:42 AM
Christina Websell

Dan M wrote:
The vet is reasonably sure that Harri will survive. She's spending the

Whew, that's a relief! I was very scared there for a moment.

The vet's assistant went over the vet's treatment plan before I left.
Turns out that Harri's treatment ought to cost almost exactly the amount
of my short-term disability checks for the last two weeks

Dan, we still have a little bit of money leftover from Tweed's flowers,
I'm sure folks wouldn't mind donating it for Harri's vet bill.

Well. I would be very happy for the leftover money for my flowers to go
towards Harri's vet bill. My flowers were beautiful, I hope you all saw the
pic of them. Now Harri needs the money. May she get well soon.

Tweed

Old June 22nd 05, 01:46 AM
Irulan

Purrs and prayers that sweet Harri recovers and with no adverse effects.
Jazz & his mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come