Worst Spring EVER!!!

Old June 10th 09, 08:24 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_2_]

Default Worst Spring EVER!!!

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining until
Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick of one grey
day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks like anymore, and
the dogs around here are starting to smell mildew-y. I am going nuts.
PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Old June 10th 09, 09:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MLB

Kreisleriana wrote:

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining until
Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick of one
grey day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks like
anymore, and the dogs around here are starting to smell mildew-y. I am
going nuts. PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

We have had lots of rain too. However, here it is welcome after so many
years of draught. Now our reservoirs are filled after quite a long time
of worrying about using too much water. I really feel for the people
who suffer from flooding as well as those who have too little. Anyway,
the roses seem, to appreciate the coolness and extra water. Best
wishes. MLB
Old June 10th 09, 11:31 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Kreisleriana drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining until
Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick of one grey
day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks like anymore, and
the dogs around here are starting to smell mildew-y. I am going nuts.
PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't help you there - it's cool, grey and rainy here, too. And it
*never* rains in the late spring/summer around here! At least a spate
of late-spring rain, disappointing as it is, isn't unheard-of in New
York. I remember one June in Boston where it rained for 3 weeks straight.
And I mean major rain here, lots of inches involved. It rained right
through my college graduation and we had to hold it indoors. (Oddly, the
same thing happened during my high school graduation 10 years earlier.
I associate graduating with the smell of hundreds of wet graduation
gowns inside a gymnasium. )

But I digress. The point is, San Francisco rarely gets rain in early
June. Fog, yes, loads of it. But the rains are usually done by April.
We've had a lot of it this month!

Hope you get some sun soon. Me, too. My tomato plant is not happy!

--
Joyce ^..^

Old June 11th 09, 03:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

We had a very bad storm here last night and are under a tornado warning
right now. Last night my house where my son lives got hit by lightning.
Lost there TV, PC, well pump and had to replace a fuse box. Told them to
unplug everything they could tonight as the tornado watch is on, warning
that is, on. Surge protectors aren't worth much in a good hit.

I have garden stuff killing over from the rain. I know it will stop, it
always does and then things burn up. Won't be much to burn this year as it
will already be gone.
"hopitus" wrote in message
On Jun 10, 1:24 pm, "Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote:
It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining until
Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick of one grey
day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks like anymore, and
the dogs around here are starting to smell mildew-y. I am going nuts.
PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!--
Theresa and Dante
Stinky Forever:http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFw

OT &
VERY, VERY LONG...so if you have nothing else to do.....LOL...read on.
IMHO, you live in just about the most exciting and interesting area of
the country.
This is despite the fact I have never set foot any farther north than
Hershey, Penn.
(admittedly, a different direction from your area....talk about
seeking out chocolate!)
I am going to tell you something that may just lift your spirits and/
or cheer you up,
weatherwise, Theresa, and you can tell Dante and the smelly canines as
well. You
already know I don't like it here, and only stay despite the urging of
my old friends
in FL to return because of love for a family who for some reason love
it here....you may
not know that although not a religious type, I would never knock
anyone else's choice
of beliefs and that I do wholeheartedly believe and trust that
Someone, Somewhere,
is in charge and running things universally....and I don't mean
hoomins, who can't
even handle our own local crap very well at all. I've been enjoying
the damp, stormy
weather here...so rare to last more than a couple weeks, as my hair
had regained
its body and curliness which I left in the south FL humidity when I
came here for good.
Last Sunday,, I got dressed with little attention to the view outside
the windows
(due north) and switched on tv to see if taking an umbrella was in
order, as it has been
grey here as well at that time. My home is less than a mile from an
AFB closely
allied with NORAD, the federal underground sentinel for any incoming
missile warheads
to USA security. All of a sudden, at the same time as a loud beeping
from tv, the AF
warning siren blasted (it turns around and only is deafening when
pointed directly at
your locality).....I thought, "Wow, this is not Tuesday, why is that
on? Have they
launched the Big One at us?" No....from tv weather channel came
something i had not
seen up to now after 5 years here....tornado warning alert. Go to
basement with pets.
Outside, leave your vehicle and get face down in a ditch with your
hands over head.
Relieved that no missile warheads were involved, I knew yet that my
years of experience
with and lack of fear of 'canes would be useless re tornados. Even
local lightning does
not frighten me, as where I came form is known as Lightning Capital of
USA. The cats
and I were on top floor of 3-story condo. No basement. LOL, no ditch.
Good news: apt.
faces north...tornado location warning pinpointed twister about 10
miles south of us
and moving @15 mph ro SE. At no time did we lose power, so all twister
news reported
live on tv. I decided *not* to go out and get the Sunday paper, as
jumping into a ditch
(lotsa ditches around) did not appeal. I live directly across the
street from the oldest
local mall, a Simon-owned mall, where for a few years, the mega-mall
national owner
corp. has set a weekend policy of anyone under 18 Fri.,Sat., or Sun.
visit to mall must
wear trousers that cover their rear "plumbers vertical line: *and* be
accompanied by
'rents. We have gangs and gang activity in this area especially but
their colors (shirts,
hats) are tolerated if the butts are covered. "Our" mall is frequented
by blue-collar working
and retired folk and their families. There is a new mall 10 miles or
so southeast of here...
spiffy, entertainment-oriented, and calculated to draw the population
of our town more
financially flush, with many more bucks to blow on amusements and
pricey toys, both
juvenile and adult. That tornado could have turned north just a little
and done major numbers
on my place and all around it, including the old Simon-owned mall and
surrounding stores.
Tornado zeroed in on the privileged pricey homes surrounding the new
mall in a nearby
town, and blew up a Penney store (gas leak explosion) as well as major
damage to the
mall and more than a few stores surrounding it. Luckily, no injuries
nor casualties resulted.
Parking lots scenes of terrible vehicular destruction (the twister
just blew *by* mall itself,
right over all the parked vehicles outside in its path). We even made
the national news
media headline news (*not* weather news!) So draw your own
conclusions. I sure have.
Local media reports the insurance claims are overwhelming the
carriers. And unlike the
flat prairies to the east of us, as well as the mountains occupying
the western half of
this state.....tornadoes are not common at all, nor are 'quakes.
And Theresa...it is now Rodeo season here, about all we got for
entertainment factor.
Unless you enjoy Harvest Festivals, which I do....coming up end of
summer.
Correct me, please, if mistaken in my impression that all you all
gotta do for top quality
fun is cross a very long Bridge to the BigTime....

Old June 11th 09, 01:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining until
Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick of one
grey day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks like anymore,
and the dogs around here are starting to smell mildew-y. I am going nuts.
PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

--
Theresa and Dante

Stinky Forever: http://pets.webshots.com/album/125591586JWEFwh

Can't help you, although today looks promising I set out a coffee maker
that belonged to Mom when we got here on June 2nd so I could use mine which
I like much better. By the end of the day June 3rd, according to the water
in the carafe it had rained 2 cups. By June 9th we'd had over six cups of
rain LOL Of course this doesn't equate to actual rainfall measurements but
it sure looks funny. (And yes, I'm setting it out for the garbage men to
take) At any rate, I wish you and Dante a bright, sunny day!

Jill

Old June 11th 09, 01:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Wed, 10 Jun 2009 15:24:22 -0400, Kreisleriana wrote:

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining until
Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick of one
grey day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks like anymore,
and the dogs around here are starting to smell mildew-y. I am going nuts.
PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

You must live near here (South Central Missouri). It didn't rain for
several days at the end of last week, so I was able to do some mowing over
the weekend. It took three hours to pull the mower deck, clean it, and
remount it Saturday (something *always* goes seriously wrong with that
job) so I was able to mow only on Sunday - 1.5 hours to do the back two
thirds. No way could I find the time on Sunday for the hour and a half
required for the front third. I had hoped to finish Monday, but it
rained. Then it rained on Tuesday, and most of the night - not too badly:
the worst of it, and the tornado, went south of me. Wednesday evening it
stormed again - no tornados, but plenty of heavy rain, though most of the
severe cells went north of where I live. Another thunder storm is
expected today (Thursday), then again on Friday, Friday night, Saturday,
and Saturday night. We're supposed to get tonight off from the rain, but
that isn't helping my mowing problem at all: it will take at least
threeour days for the yard to dry out enough to mow without doing too much
damage to the grass with the mower wheels, or leaving too many ruts.

--
T.E.D. )

Old June 11th 09, 01:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I have threatened to take the weed whacker and just cut walk ways through
the grass so I can find the dog when she is out.
news

Old June 11th 09, 06:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Kreisleriana" drtmuirATearthlink.net wrote in message

It is raining for the third day in a row, and will keep on raining until
Saturday. It has been raining most of the spring. I am so sick of one
grey day after another. I don't remember what the sun looks like anymore,
and the dogs around here are starting to smell mildew-y. I am going nuts.
PLEASE SEND ME SOME DRY, SUNNY DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!

grin Welcome to UK type weather ;-)
Two hot days last week, that's probably our summer over now. Last Sunday,
had a hailstorm.

Tweed

Old June 11th 09, 08:55 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ted Davis[_3_]

On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 07:54:08 -0500, Granby wrote:

I have threatened to take the weed whacker and just cut walk ways through
the grass so I can find the dog when she is out.

It's hard to see the cats in the high grass (and weeds), and they could be
anywhere, doing anything.

I do sometimes run the mower just along specific, reasonably quickly
drying, paths so I can get to the out buildings and to the fences to dump
the litter scoopings without getting my legs wet or picking up too many
ticks.

--
T.E.D. )

Old June 12th 09, 02:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Crystal ~

Thanks for sharing photos of your cat. I think black and white cats
are absolutely adorable.

Steel yourselves - it's the worst news Christina Websell Cat anecdotes 95 May 9th 09 05:58 PM
Can and Will Help Even the Worst Cases. Relief Now Cat health & behaviour 0 January 6th 08 02:47 AM
Worst dream ever! Pat Cat anecdotes 7 February 13th 07 10:59 PM
Worst cat names ever (and why) Debra Cat anecdotes 26 July 21st 05 07:35 PM
Best canned food vs. worst LemonPops via CatKB.com Cat health & behaviour 96 April 29th 05 09:17 PM