[OT]PC Game recommendation

Old December 10th 07, 04:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

Default [OT]PC Game recommendation

Have nearly got the Christmas shopping done, but I'm stuck for a gift for my
mother.

I thought perhaps a computer game.

So, can anyone think of a game that has lots of problem solving, fairly
simple (if any) hand-eye coordination parts, and has repeatable playability.

My mother, like many of us, is a recovering Bubbels addict. She likes to
play Commander Keen and loved Lemmings when she could run it on her PC. She
even likes Carmen Sandiago believe it or not. So old games aren't a problem,
just as long as they are interesting!

No MMORGs, pls, as she doesn't have enough bandwidth for that sort of thing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Yowie

Old December 10th 07, 04:45 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Normin

I have a few from POGO, and AOL, that are 'find the hidden
object' type games, with a puzzle to complete between rounds. I
really enjoy them...

my faves are
(from Pogo)
Big City Adventure San Francisco
Mystery Case Files Huntsville
Mystery Case Files Prime Suspect
Inspector Parker

and from AOL
Mystery PI the Lottery Ticket

they all cost about $20 and I just downloaded them from the site
and got the key code to allow unlimited play once I paid for
them.

Also Hoyle Card Games and/or Hoyle Board Games have given me
hours of fun.

Sara

Old December 10th 07, 07:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Shel-hed[_2_]

Search for sokoban type games. Search
"Push boxes"
or
sokoban.

Easy to play, tough to solve.
Good fun!

Old December 10th 07, 07:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"Yowie" wrote in message
Have nearly got the Christmas shopping done, but I'm stuck for a gift for
my mother.

I thought perhaps a computer game.

So, can anyone think of a game that has lots of problem solving, fairly
simple (if any) hand-eye coordination parts, and has repeatable
playability.

My mother, like many of us, is a recovering Bubbels addict. She likes to
play Commander Keen and loved Lemmings when she could run it on her PC.
She even likes Carmen Sandiago believe it or not. So old games aren't a
problem, just as long as they are interesting!

No MMORGs, pls, as she doesn't have enough bandwidth for that sort of
thing.

Anyone got any ideas?

Yowie

I've been playing a lot of Scrabble lately. Does she like Mah-Jonng?

Old December 17th 07, 09:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Ginger-lyn

pmendhall wrote:
What about Cubis or Bejeweled?

Diane

"Yowie" wrote in message
Have nearly got the Christmas shopping done, but I'm stuck for a gift for

my
mother.

I thought perhaps a computer game.

I *love* Cubis. Another favorite of mine is Mariposa.

Ginger-lyn

--
Home Pages:
http://www.moonsummer.com
Old December 17th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
ScratchMonkey

"Yowie" wrote in
:

No MMORGs, pls, as she doesn't have enough bandwidth for that sort of
thing.

I tried to get my mom into WoW to give her a social outlet, but it didn't
take. As you say, not enough bandwidth. I don't think she has enough for
newsgroups, either. (General web browsing is beyond her; she can just
handle email.) But she might be able to handle IRC, if I can find a cat-
oriented IRC channel.

She does spend a lot of time playing Mahjong (comes with Vista, about the
only thing I like about the .0 release) and various slot machine games.

I'm curious: Are there any WoW players here?

For WoW lovers, here's a cat-oriented gateway page into WoWWiki:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Main_Page/MeoWWiki
Old December 18th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

"ScratchMonkey" wrote in message
. ..
"Yowie" wrote in
:

No MMORGs, pls, as she doesn't have enough bandwidth for that sort of
thing.

I tried to get my mom into WoW to give her a social outlet, but it didn't
take. As you say, not enough bandwidth. I don't think she has enough for
newsgroups, either. (General web browsing is beyond her; she can just
handle email.) But she might be able to handle IRC, if I can find a cat-
oriented IRC channel.

She does spend a lot of time playing Mahjong (comes with Vista, about the
only thing I like about the .0 release) and various slot machine games.

I'm curious: Are there any WoW players here?

For WoW lovers, here's a cat-oriented gateway page into WoWWiki:

http://www.wowwiki.com/Main_Page/MeoWWiki

We're a family of 3 WoW addicts - Cary has been able to play WoW since
before his 3rd birthday and is reasonably competant and playing both my
Druid (lvl 63, balance build) and Joel's rogue (lvl 70, I have no idea what
build). He does tend to like casting my treants just that little but much,
though.

We're all on the Eldre' Thalas server. Oddly, my druid is called....Yowie
:-)

Yowie

Old December 18th 07, 12:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Yowie wrote:

We're a family of 3 WoW addicts - Cary has been able to play WoW since
before his 3rd birthday and is reasonably competant

OMG, you have a Baby Geek!!

Joyce

--
To send email to this address, remove the triple-X from my user name.
Old December 18th 07, 12:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie

wrote in message
Yowie wrote:

We're a family of 3 WoW addicts - Cary has been able to play WoW since
before his 3rd birthday and is reasonably competant

OMG, you have a Baby Geek!!

What else would you get if you crossed to geeks?

We're worried that he'll rebel and turn into a popular, fashionable, sports
nut :-)

Yowie