EGADS!!! ANOTHER ONE!!!!!

Old July 30th 06, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Default EGADS!!! ANOTHER ONE!!!!!

This morning, bleary eyed and still in my jammies (baggy shorts & T-shirt
that not-fit-for-wear-in-public), I take some seed out to the bird feeders
(instead of filling them completely, and letting it all go to the squirrels,
I do like my Mom, and only put about a cup in each feeder every morning).
As I get to the back door to come back in, I hear what sounds like a cat
screaming - and it's sounds like it's coming from the 'low rent' apartments
a block up the road. I call DH out (he's still in his jammies too), and we
both listen.

It could be a cat/kitten in distress, or a bird (sometimes they sound like
cats), so DH goes back inside to get dressed, as I take off in the direction
I think it's coming from, which is north. As I get to the northwest corner
of the house, and am standing in the driveway, I realize it's not coming
from the north, but from the *east*, so I take off down the driveway,
occasionally calling out "kitty" as I do so. by the time I get to the
northwest corner of the house, it's starting to sound 'echo-ey'. I get to
the road, and it is *much* louder, and I realize it's coming from the front
porch of the house-for-sale across the street (the one that had a tree land
on it's roof this past spring - BTW, it was selling for 94thou, but they've
lowered it to 85thou). They are having an open-house there today from 1-4,
and yesterday, we noticed they were bringing some things over to make it
look more inviting (plants, decorations, etc....), and when they left, they
left the enclosed front porch door standing open. As I cross the street, I
hear the more-and-more desperate cries of the poor critter. I surmise that
the cries are coming from the porch. As I go up their driveway, and
approach the house, I call out again.

The cries stop.

And then here comes a little tortie kitten trotting down the steps.
CUTE!!!!! She runs right up to me, and I scoop her up, and then step onto
the empty porch to make sure there's no other cats/kittens there. Nuttin.
By this time DH is dressed and looking for me. He finds me holding the
kitty in the driveway across the street (and, remember, I'm still in my
jammies), and trots across to us. He asks where 'it' was. I reply that
*she* was on the open front porch. He says "maybe it's theirs". I replied
"nobody lives there!). He wanted to know if there was any food/water dishes
left there for 'it'. I say it's a *her*. He asks how I know. I reply that
99.9% of torties/calicos are female.

Anyway, there were no food/water or anything (besides a potted plant) on
that front porch. So we brought her back over to our house. On the walk
back up our driveway, I cradled her on her back, and checked her belly for a
spay scar, and her teeth so try and guess her age. She was kinda squirmy
(she wanted to climb up on my shoulder and purrrrrrrrrrrr, and knead), but
looked like she had her big-kitty teeth, but no spay scar. I did, however,
spot a flea scamper across her belly as I looked.

So Kitty is now ensconced on *our* front porch, with food water and litter,
and since she has big kitty teeth, she was Frontlined.

We estimate her age to be about 12-14 weeks old.

We are going to canvas the neighbors over there in a bit to see if anyone is
missing a kitten.

She was crying on our front porch for a bit, but has now settled down on the
old towel we gave her for a bed.

Dh is calling her Sally....sigh

Oop - there are workers at the for-sale house again, DH went over there to
talk to them, and they say it belongs to the people that live in a rental
trailer next door to that house (owned by the same people that are selling
the house), and they said it was following them around and crying at them
yesterday.

DH siad the trailer-people just left their property, probably going to
church. We will go speak to them later today.

We did manage to take one *good* piccie of her (she's leaning over, getting
ready to flop on her side and do upside downy head), posted at
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...47371020gxsvEC
--
The ONE and ONLY
in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old July 30th 06, 03:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message

(snippage)

So Kitty is now ensconced on *our* front porch, with food water and

litter,
and since she has big kitty teeth, she was Frontlined.

We estimate her age to be about 12-14 weeks old.

We are going to canvas the neighbors over there in a bit to see if anyone

is
missing a kitten.

She was crying on our front porch for a bit, but has now settled down on

the
old towel we gave her for a bed.

Dh is calling her Sally....sigh

She's so pretty! I would say that if she's crying out like that, she's
either not happy with where she's at or she's not getting food and/or water.
Thank you for looking out for her. Do you have any ideas what you're going
to do now (other than talk to the people who claim to own her)? I don't
think they know how to take care of a cat and as such, they don't deserve
one. Again, thank you for being such a warm-hearted person. :~)

kili

Old July 30th 06, 03:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

oh my god, how ever are you going to manage? You have a cat farm.

Lily & her mama

--

Irulan
from the stars we come
[...]

former-blonde in Bloomington! (And proud of it, too)Š

Old July 30th 06, 04:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

In news Irulan purred:
oh my god, how ever are you going to manage? You have a cat farm.

I was joking with Lynn, widow of our TED, when I went to the office to pick
up heartworm, frontline and med-shampoo for Mad (the d-pet), that maybe we
should apply for 501(c)3 tax exempt status as a 'cat shelter' LOL.

Old July 30th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood JeepŠ

Default Mini Update EGADS!!! ANOTHER ONE!!!!!

Went to the trailer - there were *two* sets of food & water dishes on their
deck/porch area. Also lots of little girl toys. No one came to the door
(but we did hear a TV on, and there were 2 nicer cars in the driveway), so
we left a note with phone number.

There are now additional cars in their driveway, but we've not had a call.

Methinks the "adults" (for lack of a better term) in the household don't
really want the kitten(s), and the loss of one is no big deal. They're
probably glad. I hope their little girl bugs the crap out of them over
missing kitty - and that *she's* the one that found (and hopefully read, but
I doubt it) note first (eg)

Meanwhile, 'Sally' is on our front porch with food, water and litter. And
every time she hears our voices, she *cries* to be let in! Poor girl. I
put some toys out there with her, but she wants people to be her toy, not
puffballs!

She was probably wanting attention, and was following the workers at the
for-sale house around. Lucky she didn't get locked *in* the vacant house!

In ,
Magic Mood JeepŠ purred:

Old July 30th 06, 06:20 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Pat

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote

[...]

Abelard and crew are sending lots of headbutts for Sally. She's absolutely
beautiful. Thanks so much for helping her. What's one more when there are
already twelve? Please give here a whole bunch of pettins from me.

Old July 30th 06, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Marina

Magic Mood JeepŠ wrote:

We did manage to take one *good* piccie of her (she's leaning over, getting
ready to flop on her side and do upside downy head), posted at
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...47371020gxsvEC

What a little cutie! I hope you find her a home - I know you're
overwhelmed with cats yourself, so maybe some other home than yours? P

Old July 30th 06, 08:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote:
Anyway, there were no food/water or anything (besides a potted plant) on
that front porch. So we brought her back over to our house. On the walk
back up our driveway, I cradled her on her back, and checked her belly for a
spay scar, and her teeth so try and guess her age. She was kinda squirmy
(she wanted to climb up on my shoulder and purrrrrrrrrrrr, and knead), but
looked like she had her big-kitty teeth, but no spay scar. I did, however,
spot a flea scamper across her belly as I looked.

You're getting good at this. She's extremely cute.

Old July 30th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

"Magic Mood Jeep?" wrote:

snip

And then here comes a little tortie kitten trotting down the steps.
CUTE!!!!! She runs right up to me, and I scoop her up...

more snippage

Bless you for rescuing this little girl! She's really cute. Her humans
don't seem to be doing a very good job of taking care of her or paying
attention to where she might be. I guess it will be interesting to find
out their side of the story.

Purrs for Sally - er, I mean Kitty.

Joyce
Old July 30th 06, 11:41 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

"Magic Mood JeepŠ" wrote in message

She was probably wanting attention, and was following the workers at the
for-sale house around. Lucky she didn't get locked *in* the vacant house!

Well, at least we know she had food, but, yes, I'll bet she was starving for
attention. As we all know, if a cat isn't happy where they're at, they'll
leave in search of some caring person. That would be YOU. So, now what?
Are you going to keep her?

kili

Egads! CatNipped Cat anecdotes 12 December 6th 05 03:57 PM
Egads!!!! What the 7734 have we done!!!!!!! Magic Mood JeepŠ Cat anecdotes 9 November 12th 05 08:19 PM
EGADS!!! Another Cat!!! Magic Mood JeepŠ Cat anecdotes 17 September 28th 05 12:23 PM
Egads! A new box and no camera! jmcquown Cat anecdotes 3 July 3rd 05 11:55 PM