Mubu and Angel: RB

Old June 27th 04, 02:13 AM
LOL

John Kimmel wrote in message ...
The usual great cats.

Both distinguished by deep, resonant "meows", late at night when I might
go to the kitchen for a glass of water, or to the bathroom.

They were my girlfriend's cats. When I met them, they lived on top of
the refrigerator to avoid the 60 lb hyperactive puppy who constantly
harrassed and chased them both. Most of the time, they just weren't
around, they'd be out of the house and out of the yard, but when the
dogs were asleep they'd sneak in to eat, and announce their presence
with a ghostly "meow" in the dark--more of an "aaaaanh".

Mubu was put down in January when he was diagnosed with kidney failure.
With him gone, we saw even less of Angel, he would stop by once a
month at most. The last time I saw him, a few weeks ago, we were
relaxing in the hot tub late at night and I heard him calling from the
other side of the fence. We got him into the house and fed him. The
plan was to keep him in the house for the night and then take him to the
vet in the morning to get chipped, but he managed to escape. After
that, I offered to take him to my house where he might have a happier,
dog-free life (if we ever caught him again) but my girlfriend refused.

She saw him dead beside the highway yesterday morning. We buried him in
the evening in the corner of the yard next to his brother, Mubu. We
didn't give him a proper eulogy, so I wrote this for the people who care.

Thanks,

They were beautiful cats; I'm sorry to read that they are gone. We
will light a candle for them, and send soothing purrs to all who will
miss them.

------
Krista
Old June 29th 04, 08:20 PM
Ginger-lyn Summer

--
John Kimmel

http://home.teleport.com/~guy_noir/i...ubu_angel1.JPG
http://home.teleport.com/~guy_noir/i...ubu_angel2.JPG

John, I am so sorry. I'm glad they both knew love in their lives, and
that was thanks to you. May your heart heal gently.

Blessings,

Ginger-lyn