(OT) Do Not Call Registry Violator

Old August 18th 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Default (OT) Do Not Call Registry Violator

Granby wrote:
What was big around here for awhile was the $50.00 to spend anyway you want.
This was in large print, in small print was to tell you that you had just
signed up for something you didn't want to or need. The attorney General
went after these folks.

Speaking of misleading claims, some bank (Wachovia, I think) has a TV ad
touting its combined savings/checking/credit card package, telling you
"every time you use your credit card, a dollar is transfered from your
checking account to a savings account". (!!!) What advantage is there
in that? (Think about it - they're talking about arbitrarily
transferring YOUR money from one account to another, not giving you
something for nothing!) Suppose you don't WANT them transferring money
out of your checking account? (Most of us want to know exactly how much
is available there, when possible!)
Old August 19th 08, 12:29 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Yowie[_2_]

Joy wrote:

When my great-grandmother died, my mother went with her mother to make the
arrangements. My grandmother picked out a nice, but simple coffin. The
funeral director said, "Don't you want to honor your mother by giving her a
nicer coffin?" My grandmother replied, "If I spent a lot of money on a
fancy coffin, she'd come back and haunt me!"

My father wants his body to be as useful as possible. If there are any
organs or bits that can go to anyone else, then they go. The rest gets
donated to science. If at any point we get some back, then it gets
cremated and I think I'd like the ashes scattered in the local forest or
the botanic gardens (he doesn't care.) He very specifically doesn't want
*any* sort of "BS fuss designed to take your hard earned money".

I'm happy to obey his wishes, although I suspect the rest of my family
won't be.

All I want is for either a Jacaranda or a Lemon Scented Gum Tree planted
in my memory. Otherwise, find as much use for my mortal remains as you
can, even if its fish food

Yowie
Old August 19th 08, 06:03 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Yowie" wrote in message
Joy wrote:

[...]

Your father thinks like I do.

I've made it very clear to my family that if I'm dead, then my body
has pretty much let me down.

It hardly seems fitting to throw a party for it.

The only thing thats changed over the years, once I wanted my ashes
dumped in the gulf stream (I always wanted to visit Europe)

Now I figure eternity is a very long time, and they will get there
eventually no matter what ocean I start in.

Jo

Old August 19th 08, 06:24 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 18, 2:48�pm, "kilikini" wrote:
Kyla =^..^=` wrote:
"kilikini"
Kyla =^..^=` wrote:
kilikini wrote:
My problem is that these bills were applied to me more than 6
months prior to me receiving Medicaid. �It has to be within 3
months of getting Medicaid to be looked into - they'll only go
back 3 months. That's Florida Law. (Oh, and Gosh, I fought so
hard for my Medicaid!!!!!!!!) Tennessee laws may vary. �I've got
more than $2000 in medical bills prior to me getting approved for
Medicaid. That's what they're calling me about. �Heck, they only
pay me $108.50 a month disability and my husband has worked about
6 weeks this YEAR so far. �They can friggin' wait. We've got
bigger fish to fry - like cat litter, cat food, flea stuff - etc.
We're barely holding our heads up. �Still, we keep plugging
along, somehow. kili

That is sick and wrong IMO...How do they expect you to live on that
meager amount? �I hope you get Food Stamps too. �Geez, that is so
unfair. Purrs for everything to get sorted out sweetie.
Love ya
Kyla

Thanks, Kyla! �We're hoping for a miracle that Allan gets a job!

kili

Well I believe in miracles
What kind of work does Allan do? �Just curious.
Hugs and purrs

Kyla

He builds houses. �No one is buying or selling houses, thus no one is
building houses. �We kind of really don't know what to do since it's all
he's done his whole adult life.

kili- Hide quoted text -

How about remodeling jobs? Is there money in that, or much work
available? Purrs that something
comes up, or maybe even a whole new career.
I think I've found my calling, but it's a little late. During the
course of dealing with Dad's decline, and
trying to check on / help out my 85 year old aunt (and her elderly
Golden Retriever)....I've realized what
how limited some elderly people have for folks just to give them a
little extra help. I think I could have handled
a small group of people, deliver meals, make runs to the grocery,
library and doctor's appointments,
arrange the small home repairs that we all have to deal with, stuff
like that. Mail letters. Take pets to the vet. Just
normal "living" that we take for granted, and don't realize how hard
it is for people who have given up
driving. Of course I don't charge her, because that's just what
families DO for each other. But I've
noticed that even the people who are willing to pay for things like
transportation to doctor's appointments, are
having an impossible time actually finding someone willing and
available to do it.

Sherry
Old August 19th 08, 11:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Kyla =^..^=` wrote:

[...]

He's got all the tools to do a remodeling job, he just has no help. Any
kind of carpentry work really requires two people; especially if a ladder or
scaffolding is involved. Cut a board, bring it up the ladder, go back down,
cut another board, go back up the ladder. See what I mean? If you've got
two guys, one can cut a board and hand it to the guy on the ladder - much
easier on both people.

We've got a friend that wants to start up an irrigation/landscape business
and he's asked Allan to help him; we'll see if that pans out. (I'm thinking
not. He's not really very trustworthy.)

So, meanwhile, we're checking the classifieds, but there isn't a lot out
there. We live in a snowbird town, so it clears out in summer and fills up
in winter.

kili

Old August 19th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

Kyla =^..^=` wrote:

[...]

Well, darn. I wish you lived here. *My* DH, OTOH,
would be a great "fetcher" but really lacks the training and skill for
cabinetry/remodeling work.
You just can't find anyone who will take on small jobs. Like replacing
the (harvest gold) countertop,
the (harvest gold) bathroom fixtures. I think the worst is the 2nd
bathroom, which is a hideous color
called "New Orleans Blue." It really defies description. I love my
little house though. I'm just waiting
on harvest gold to come back "in". LOL.
Even though it's kind of seasonal, landscape sounds like a good
business. I read that people are "nesting" more -- spending more time
at home -- and turning their backyard spaces into havens where they
can escape
from the stresses of life. Garden ponds are huge, too. (And landscape
guys are always hunky-looking with
great tans) I just want him to find great success in whatever he does.
You guys deserve it.
Sherry
Old August 19th 08, 03:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
kilikini

Sherry wrote:
[...]

Thanks, Sherry! :~)

kili

Old August 20th 08, 03:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
tanadashoes

"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

=================

Hunky looking with great tan fits Allan. I'm married, not blind.

Harvest gold? YUK! Same with New Orleans Blue. I thought Avocado was
disgusting enough. Our kitchen is done in what used to be known as Almond,
but is now called Biscuit. It is really an Ecru, a faintly tan off white.

Too bad that Allan hasn't been able to find a partner to do remodeling.
With housing the way it is, it is actually cheaper and better, if possible,
to remodel rather than re-locate.

Pam S.

Old August 20th 08, 05:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Sherry

On Aug 19, 9:16�pm, "tanadashoes" wrote:
"Sherry" wrote in message

[...]

Pam S.- Hide quoted text -

Oh, yeah! And it's not like I can even blame the tasteless slob who
chose those colors back in 1980, becuase IT WAS ME. What was I
thinking? The problem is that I am such a frugal (read: cheap) soul
that everytime I get estimates for new countertops and bathroom
fixtures I start thinking we really shouldn't
spend the money on replacing perfectly good stuff just because of the
color.
You were lucky. Almond came along right as Harvest Gold was on its way
out. It's a much nicer color.

Sherry
Old August 22nd 08, 09:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"tanadashoes" wrote in message
m...

The Call Marina Cat anecdotes 12 January 2nd 06 03:44 AM
Does your cat come when you call it? John Doe Cat health & behaviour 21 November 16th 05 11:54 AM
National Emergency Animal Registry teckpam Cats - misc 0 October 19th 05 04:27 AM
National Emergency Animal Registry teckpam Cat community 0 October 19th 05 04:27 AM
What do you call?? Karen Chuplis Cat anecdotes 22 April 4th 04 04:57 AM