Back from Burma (long) OT

Old January 3rd 04, 08:20 AM
LOL

"badwilson" wrote in message ...
Well, I'm back from Burma, the most different place I've ever been. And
I've been to many countries!

(big honkin' snip)

I still have 200 posts to catch up on but wanted to wish everyone a Happy
New Year! And purrs all around! Woo hoo!

Welcome back and happy new year to you, Britta! I missed wishing
everyone a happy new year when it was actually time to do so, as I was
laid low with this nasty flu. We are slooowly dragging ourselves back
into what passes for normality here, and I see that I have missed yet
another episode where someone thought "OT" somehow stood for "Be a
Horse's Ass", good grief. I hope your year's been good so far in
spite of it. :-)

------
Krista
Pics of Mike in RPCA Pictures!!
Old January 3rd 04, 07:57 PM
SUQKRT

In article , Steve Touchstone
wrote:

On 31 Dec 2003 11:25:10 -0600, "badwilson"
wrote:

Well, I'm back from Burma, the most different place I've ever been. And
I've been to many countries!

snip

Glad to hear you're home safe - and no lingering nausea to ruin the
trip.

You're narrative reminded me of my time in Honduras. I was there for
ten months serving with a US Army field hospital and we would go out
to villages three days a week to pull sick call for the locals. The
only way to get to some of the villages was by helicopter, foot or
horseback - we used the helicopter ;-) Had to be careful to land away
from any dwellings because the wash from the 'copters blew then over.
The drs usually had to use multiple tranlators - 1 to translate into
Spanish and then another to translate into the local indian dialect.
We may have been the first non-Indians the kids had ever seen, and
really attracted the attention.

Your talking about movies also reminded me that the first time I
watched Romancing the Stone was down there in a Honduran Air Force
Officers club - in Spanish with English subtitles ;-)

I got home at 6 pm and boy, was I happy to see Vino! And Vino was so

happy
to see me! I hardly got any sleep last night because he kept waking me

up
every half hour for more scritches and headbutts. Is he ever going to

be
happy when Dennis gets home on the 9th!

Poor Vino, bet he was glad to see you, and is looking forward to his
Paw getting home.

Glad you're back safely. Its sad that some people must be poor, especially when
its due to the corruption of others. Glad you and Vino had a happy New Year.
Suz
Macmoosette
Thank Heavens There's Only One

I've learned to not sweat the petty things, and not pet the sweaty things.

Thank You from BlueBird........(long..... sorry) BlueBird Cat anecdotes 2 December 27th 03 01:23 PM
Back AGAIN badwilson Cat anecdotes 4 November 19th 03 04:11 AM
Perfect Sunday Morning (long) Steve Touchstone Cat anecdotes 6 September 29th 03 04:53 AM
Happier news - Rocky update (long) Lois Reay Cat anecdotes 7 September 28th 03 01:25 AM
Gem the Gray Kitten (long) Annie Benson-Lennaman Cat anecdotes 21 August 25th 03 01:02 AM