Found some mousies!

Old February 4th 09, 11:01 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Found some mousies!

I had to move a heavy piece of furniture yesterday. (That was a slow,
painful process.) What did I find behind it? Toy mousies! Persia hit the
jackpot! It will probably only be a matter of time before she bats them
into hiding again but what the heck. She has more mousies to play with now.
I'm happy when she's happy

Jill

Old February 4th 09, 03:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Karla

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I had to move a heavy piece of furniture yesterday. (That was a slow,
painful process.) What did I find behind it? Toy mousies! Persia hit the
jackpot! It will probably only be a matter of time before she bats them
into hiding again but what the heck. She has more mousies to play with
now. I'm happy when she's happy

Jill

Persia (I love that name) does love her mousies!

Mine like those tiny furry ones, and they love small lightweight balls that
travel fast. I found some that light up when they are bounced, those were
fun. Wonder where they went...

Old-fashioned girl that I am, I keep a yardstick in the utility closet for
sweeps under the piano, frig, stove-all the heavy, low stuff.

The cats and dogs know when they see the yardstick that toys are soon to
follow. And the dust bunnies that accompany the toys are just amazing.
Karla

Old February 4th 09, 04:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Karla" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I had to move a heavy piece of furniture yesterday. (That was a slow,
painful process.) What did I find behind it? Toy mousies! Persia hit
the jackpot! It will probably only be a matter of time before she bats
them into hiding again but what the heck. She has more mousies to play
with now. I'm happy when she's happy

Jill

Persia (I love that name) does love her mousies!

She told me her name. Don't ask, I can't explain it. She told me.

Old-fashioned girl that I am, I keep a yardstick in the utility closet for
sweeps under the piano, frig, stove-all the heavy, low stuff.

Where on earth do you buy yard sticks? I grew up with my parents always
having yard sticks. I can't say I've ever seen them in stores. Not that I
go looking for yard sticks. Where would you buy one? A hardware store?

The cats and dogs know when they see the yardstick that toys are soon to
follow. And the dust bunnies that accompany the toys are just amazing.
Karla

That sounds like fun. Look! A yard stick! Toys (and dust bunnies, heheh)
will soon appear! G

Jill

Old February 4th 09, 05:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

Most hardware stores carry them at least around here. I had to get rid of
ours the cats thought it was their personal mini scratchier

Old February 4th 09, 05:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Karla" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I had to move a heavy piece of furniture yesterday. (That was a slow,
painful process.) What did I find behind it? Toy mousies! Persia hit
the jackpot! It will probably only be a matter of time before she bats
them into hiding again but what the heck. She has more mousies to play
with now. I'm happy when she's happy

Jill

Persia (I love that name) does love her mousies!

She told me her name. Don't ask, I can't explain it. She told me.

Wish mine would tell me theirs, since most of the time they don't respond
to them

Old-fashioned girl that I am, I keep a yardstick in the utility closet
for sweeps under the piano, frig, stove-all the heavy, low stuff.

Where on earth do you buy yard sticks? I grew up with my parents always
having yard sticks. I can't say I've ever seen them in stores. Not
that I go looking for yard sticks. Where would you buy one? A hardware
store?

Hardware store (the old-fasioned ones, not the newer big box stores are
more likely to have them) or, a lot of times, they are give-aways at local
county fairs by businesses/organizations in the 'commercial' booth areas.
That's where the ones Mom had came from - she still has some from the
70's. I remember her using them for giving my brother & I a spanking for
doing 'something' bad (don't remember what that 'something' was - there
were too many 'somethings' we did) when we were little. One time she gave
my bro about 5 whacks, and went to give me my 5 - and it broke on the
first whack. Whoo hoo - no more whacks. She stopped using yard sticks
after that and started using the paddle from the old paddle-ball toy
(rubber ball on a rubber band attached to a paddle that you are *supposed*
to be abble to bounce off the paddle repeatedly at a high rate of speed -
none of us ever mastered that) - which never broke and she STILL HAS! One
is on their best behavior at Mom's - you're never to old to get a
spanking!

The cats and dogs know when they see the yardstick that toys are soon
to follow. And the dust bunnies that accompany the toys are just
amazing.
Karla

That sounds like fun. Look! A yard stick! Toys (and dust bunnies,
heheh) will soon appear! G

Jill

I don't want to see the dust bunnies at our house - they are probably of
frightening proportions (probably why the cat's don't go under the bed or
sofa LOL).

Speaking of Mousies - did Persia get the ones that Weebs sent her for
KissAMouse? I'm pretty sure that he had me address it to the SC addy and
not the TN addy.

her
wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
former-blonde

Old February 4th 09, 06:14 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Irulan

hahaha, reminds me of the time when DH decided to move some livingroom
furniture around and found over 50 small mousies the loveseat. He picked
them all up and put them in Lily's toybox where she is slowly starting to
take them out one by one and shoving them under some place.

Lily & her mama

"jmcquown" wrote in message
I had to move a heavy piece of furniture yesterday. (That was a slow,
painful process.) What did I find behind it? Toy mousies! Persia hit the
jackpot! It will probably only be a matter of time before she bats them
into hiding again but what the heck. She has more mousies to play with
now. I'm happy when she's happy

Jill

--
Irulan
from the stars we come
to the stars we return
from now until the end of time.

Old February 4th 09, 07:15 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Karla" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Back in the day, you never actually had to buy a yard stick. They
were give aways from hardware and paint stores.

We still have a particularly sturdy one that Charlie's parents got
from a hardware store when he was a kid.

Ours stays inside the hall closet, on the right side next to the door
jam. Kids have been warned that its one thing to must put back where
it belongs.

Jo

Old February 4th 09, 07:54 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Granby

I bought one the other day but it was metal not wood. I use it to knock
things off the top shelf when I can't reach what I want.
"Jofirey" wrote in message

Old February 4th 09, 08:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Jofirey

"Granby" wrote in message
I bought one the other day but it was metal not wood. I use it to
knock things off the top shelf when I can't reach what I want.

Works better than those grabbers, too, doesn't it? Swat and either
catch of get out of the way. Canes are good for getting things down
too.

Jo

"Jofirey" wrote in message

Old February 4th 09, 09:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message
"Karla" wrote in message

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

Yep, Persia got the mousies, thanks! The grey one is in the foyer and she
bats it around on the only wooden surface there is in this house. The white
one is in the living room trying hard to blend in with the carpet. The
mousie is whiter than the carpet ever thought of being. And Persia let's
her know it from time to time! Take that! G

I hope Weebs doesn't mind, but when I was cat sitting for Schwartzie and
Fedders I took the black furry mousie over to them, since they're nice
little black boy kitties. (Weebs doesn't need to be jealous; Persia doesn't
like those kitties. She hisses and gets all growly when she sees them
outside.) I thought a little toy might help make it easier for them to
accept me, since their momma was gone for two weeks and there was just me
instead. I saw Fedders playing with the black furry mousie. So I think it
worked

Jill