More on the "blind" bobcat

Old April 2nd 12, 10:00 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Magic Mood Jeep

Default More on the "blind" bobcat

I say "blind" because he has some vision in one eye...
Apparently, he is now well enough to be moved to his outdoor enclosure.

http://youtu.be/GEc0IMfwAkk

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY
Old April 2nd 12, 10:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Matthew[_3_]

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
I say "blind" because he has some vision in one eye...
Apparently, he is now well enough to be moved to his outdoor enclosure.

http://youtu.be/GEc0IMfwAkk

her wipe out Bunny's world domination.
--
The ONE and ONLY

I have been trying to plan something to go do with out spending a lot of
money. I think I am going to have to go drive down there about 2 hours from
me. To go visit this place again and I know I will have a ton of pics to
upload when I get home ;-)

Old April 2nd 12, 11:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

If he were a person, he would probably be considered "legally blind".

--
Joy

Words - so innocent and powerless as they are, as standing in a dictionary,
how potent for good and evil they become in the hands of one who knows how
to combine them.
--Nathaniel Hawthorne

Old April 3rd 12, 12:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
If he were a person, he would probably be considered "legally blind".

--
Joy

"Magic Mood Jeep" wrote in message
I say "blind" because he has some vision in one eye...
Apparently, he is now well enough to be moved to his outdoor enclosure.

http://youtu.be/GEc0IMfwAkk

--

What a cute little bobcat!

I've mentioned my aunt, who was legally blind. She was in her 20's when she
lost most of her sight. No, she couldn't drive a car. She couldn't even
see her reflection in a mirror. (She once described it like someone had
smeared vaseline all over the mirror.) But she could cook up a storm. She
refinished furniture. She did ceramics. She could read books with the help
of a special magnifying glass, and write cards and letters using the same.
Being legally blind isn't the be-all end all of life.

Jill
Jill

Old April 3rd 12, 01:32 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Right. Attitude makes a huge difference. This morning I saw a documentary
about an artist named Ginny Ruffner. She was in a horrendous auto accident
and had a massive brain injury. She was in a coma for months, and showed no
signs of brain activity, but her family refused to pull the plug. The
doctors said that even if she lived, she would never walk or talk again.
Today she walks - with a limp and a cane, but she walks. She talks,
although her voice is raspy and she's sometimes a bit hard to understand.
And she creates amazing sculptures.

Joy

Old April 3rd 12, 02:07 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

Wow! Not only is the story amazing... is that the correct spelling of her
name? My father's mother was a Ruffner. I'll have to look up Ginny
Ruffner, thanks.

Jill

Old April 3rd 12, 07:11 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
"jmcquown" wrote in message

"Joy" wrote in message
[...]

I'm not sure about the spelling, but I think so. Who knows? She could be a
relative.

Joy

Old April 5th 12, 08:12 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

jmcquown wrote:

I've mentioned my aunt, who was legally blind. She was in her 20's when
she lost most of her sight. No, she couldn't drive a car. She couldn't
even see her reflection in a mirror. (She once described it like someone
had smeared vaseline all over the mirror.) But she could cook up a storm.
She refinished furniture. She did ceramics. She could read books with
the help of a special magnifying glass, and write cards and letters using
the same. Being legally blind isn't the be-all end all of life.

Great story! Especially about her doing visual arts with such
limited sight - that's pretty amazing.

--
Joyce

Anyone who has accustomed himself to regard the life of any living
creature as worthless is in danger of arriving also at the idea of
worthless human lives. -- Albert Schweitzer
Old April 6th 12, 06:43 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

"Bastette" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:

I've mentioned my aunt, who was legally blind. She was in her 20's when
she lost most of her sight. No, she couldn't drive a car. She couldn't
even see her reflection in a mirror. (She once described it like
someone
had smeared vaseline all over the mirror.) But she could cook up a
storm.
She refinished furniture. She did ceramics. She could read books with
the help of a special magnifying glass, and write cards and letters
using
the same. Being legally blind isn't the be-all end all of life.

Great story! Especially about her doing visual arts with such
limited sight - that's pretty amazing.

--
Joyce

When I was about eight or 9 years old, Aunt Jean made a very small ceramic
(purple) upside-down kitty cat for me. It was a chewing-gum holder. I
suppose the wad of chewed gum was supposed to look like a ball of yarn the
kitten held on it's tummy, playing with it. It was adorable! Sadly, it got
lost in the intervening years. I do still have some of her recipes

Jill