I'm baaaaaack

Old April 2nd 12, 02:27 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

Default I'm baaaaaack

Christina Websell wrote:

I've seen a Facebook page and it seems to me that you cannot have a decent
conversation on it. Everything seems to be one or two or three sentences.

That's one of my main objections, too. However, I think that's exactly
what many people like about it.

--
Joyce

Something you'll never hear an 8-year-old say:

"Nana, will you spit on your hankie and wipe the gravy off my face?"
Old April 2nd 12, 03:05 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I've seen a Facebook page and it seems to me that you cannot have a
decent
conversation on it. Everything seems to be one or two or three
sentences.

That's one of my main objections, too. However, I think that's exactly
what many people like about it.

I prefer to tell stories and see them posted here, isn't that the whole idea
of "anecdotes"?
Tweed

Old April 2nd 12, 06:54 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Christina Websell" wrote in message

"Bastette" wrote in message
Christina Websell wrote:

I've seen a Facebook page and it seems to me that you cannot have a
decent
conversation on it. Everything seems to be one or two or three
sentences.

That's one of my main objections, too. However, I think that's exactly
what many people like about it.

I prefer to tell stories and see them posted here, isn't that the whole
idea of "anecdotes"?
Tweed

I agree. I also like the fact that threads are connected here, whereas on
Facebook, there can be several disconnected conversations interspersed.

Joy

Old April 2nd 12, 02:53 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Julie_Snowshoe[_2_]

On Mar 29, 9:02*pm, CatNipped wrote:
RPCA is nice there also in that it has gotten quite a lot of "new"
members from people asking to invite friends who are also cat slaves and
by far they have been very sweet and nice and have added a lot to the mix..

--
Hugs,

CatNipped
See all our masters at: *http://www.PossiblePlaces.com/CatNipped

Because of all the people invited to rpca I don't post there as often
as I might. I don't know those people and there are things I don't
want to share with strangers or the rest of the world so for me, FB
RPCA isn't a private place any more.

I still post pictures and things that I think others might enjoy, but
I don't consider it a place I could post something that I only wanted
to share with my friends.

Julie
Old April 2nd 12, 03:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Apr 1, 5:24*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

I've seen a Facebook page and it seems to me that you cannot have a decent
conversation on it. *Everything seems to be one or two or three sentences.

You do get longer posts on FB and they seem to be getting more common
but as I say I treat FB almost like a quick chat or phone call just
touching base with most people you know like when you pass someone in
the street (there are some people I'm closer to but I tend to use the
chat function for them or they have my email address) but here is more
like a long proper conversation down the pub with a group of very good
friends

However FB has put me back in touch with a lot of people and helps me
keep in touch with some of my relatives so I'm not knocking it

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old April 3rd 12, 12:34 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

wrote:

I've seen a Facebook page and it seems to me that you cannot have a decent
conversation on it. Everything seems to be one or two or three sentences.

You do get longer posts on FB and they seem to be getting more common
but as I say I treat FB almost like a quick chat or phone call just
touching base with most people you know like when you pass someone in
the street (there are some people I'm closer to but I tend to use the
chat function for them or they have my email address) but here is more
like a long proper conversation down the pub with a group of very good
friends

However FB has put me back in touch with a lot of people and helps me
keep in touch with some of my relatives so I'm not knocking it

Lesley

_________
I'm not knocking it either, but if you all go to FB, rpca on Usenet will die
and you all need to think about whether you want that.
Tweed

Old April 4th 12, 07:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley[_4_]

On Apr 2, 4:34*pm, "Christina Websell"
wrote:

_________
I'm not knocking it either, but if you all go to FB, rpca on Usenet will die
and you all need to think about whether you want that.

Sorry yes there are people who no longer come on here but usenet will
not die because I also use FB for example I've not long switched my PC
on and I've come here first- once I have read and replied to various
threads/made a post I want to make then a little later I'll go over to
FB. The problem is not someone like me who uses both but people who
only use FB personally I would hate it if rpca on Usenet died

Old April 4th 12, 09:48 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Adrian[_4_]

Lesley wrote:
On Apr 2, 4:34 pm, "Christina Websell"

Sorry yes there are people who no longer come on here but usenet will
not die because I also use FB for example I've not long switched my PC
on and I've come here first- once I have read and replied to various
threads/made a post I want to make then a little later I'll go over to
FB. The problem is not someone like me who uses both but people who
only use FB personally I would hate it if rpca on Usenet died

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

One of the problems with usenet is so many ISPs dropping it, so people new
to the Internet are just completely unaware of it, so no new blood as
people leave for whatever reason. It will take years but sadly usenet will
probably disappear eventually.
--
Adrian
Old April 5th 12, 02:13 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"Adrian" wrote in message
Lesley wrote:
On Apr 2, 4:34 pm, "Christina Websell"

Sorry yes there are people who no longer come on here but usenet will
not die because I also use FB for example I've not long switched my PC
on and I've come here first- once I have read and replied to various
threads/made a post I want to make then a little later I'll go over to
FB. The problem is not someone like me who uses both but people who
only use FB personally I would hate it if rpca on Usenet died

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

One of the problems with usenet is so many ISPs dropping it, so people new
to the Internet are just completely unaware of it, so no new blood as
people leave for whatever reason. It will take years but sadly usenet will
probably disappear eventually.
--
Adrian

It seems to me that the majority of computer users have never been aware of
it. Very few people I've spoken to (unfortunately, including ISP tech
support people) have ever heard of newsgroups.

Joy