What happens in a FIRE?

Old July 28th 03, 11:41 AM
Rebecca B

A fire is something which worries myself and my boyfriend. Our cat is
usually out during the daytime, but sometimes and when its awful weather
(which in the UK it usually is!) he is kept indoors.

As we live in rented accommodation we're not allowed to put a cat flap in
the door, one of the conditions of us being allowed to have a cat in rented
accommodation.

Does anyone have any ideas what I could do if anything?

Many thanks

Bex
"news.verizon.net" wrote in message
OK. I had the strangest dream last night. Bottom line is my house was
about to go up in flames with a fire smoldering within the walls. I went
looking for my cats and they were hovering at the bottom of the basement
stairs, looking up at me with those, well, you know, cat looks. (Well,
actually, it WAS a dream, and in the dream I seemed to also have a 4th
indoor cat, gray with white paws... but ANYway!).

I said to someone, IF ONLY I could figure out how to gather them all into
carriers & get them out of here...

So anyway, my question is... do people have fire plans as related to

their
cats? In all honesty, I think my cats would be lost, since I can barely
'catch' them to go to the vet. (My thought is this dream was just feeding
into my anxiety about how I'm wondering if I will EVER be able to get the
newest cat, Sam, into a carrier to go to the vet....)

Just curious,
PattyC

Old July 29th 03, 03:43 AM
Kalyahna

"news.verizon.net" wrote in message
So anyway, my question is... do people have fire plans as related to

their
cats? In all honesty, I think my cats would be lost, since I can barely
'catch' them to go to the vet. (My thought is this dream was just feeding
into my anxiety about how I'm wondering if I will EVER be able to get the
newest cat, Sam, into a carrier to go to the vet....)

Just curious,
PattyC

Actually, the pillowcase idea is what our humane society promotes for our
cats, in case of emergency. Frankly, if we were terrified enough, we could
bash out the closest windows, grab handfuls of pillowcases, and take
multiple trips if we had to, depending on where the fire was in the
building. Though, that's sort of our all-encompassing emergency plan.
Tornado, earthquake, fire... pillowcases!