Does the vitamin E speed up the cat's heat?

Old July 29th 03, 09:27 PM
kaeli

In article ,
lid enlightened us with...

| We eat cows and pigs. I doubt birth defects are an issue for livestock
| animals. They are an issue for professional breeders who care about
| their breed.

Professional = in it for the money?

Not in my opinion. In my opinion,

professional=spends more than earns, shows their animal, belongs to
breed clubs, and strives to improve the breed (including selective
breeding, screening for genetic disorders, neuter contracts on pet
quality animals, etc). They don't breed their females more than is
healthy, about once a year at most. They don't breed their female during
her first heat or while she's too immature to properly bear and nourish
young. They don't wean the young too early and they socialize them and
rear them in a home environment. They breed for both conformation and
temperament, as well as for the absence of genetic disorders.

A professional breeder spends more than they earn, between taking care
of all the animals, having them tested, vaccinated, fed quality food,
groomed, exercised, etc. They spend even more if they do the show
circuit frequently.

Backyard breeder or miller=in it for the money.

Idiot=I let my pet have a litter so my kid could see the miracle of
birth.

Dumbass=Neuter? What's that?

I have no problems with professional breeders. They are few and far
between compared to all the people who let their pets breed (see your
local newspaper), the BB, and the millers who sell to pet stores, etc.

~kaeli~
Black holes were created when God divided by 0.
Not one shred of evidence supports the notion
that life is serious.
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/wildAtHeart
http://www.ipwebdesign.net/kaelisSpace
Old July 29th 03, 09:41 PM
Sip

To all of you who answered to my question.Thank's for nothing.It's no
need to attack towards me when you don't know the bagrounds.Where I'm
living it's almost impossible to go to vet and just ask things and
even more impossible to call them cause they are always doing
homevisits when I try to reach them,I need to travel 50km's to get to
vet for even vacinations and for vacination I need to start trying
contact vet 1 month before I have planned to get the vacination. Other
breeders I've contacted with this issue were also curious cause they
have never heard about it before and they asked me to write this board
and ask that maybe I can get answer. I'm sorry that you have selters
full of unwanted cats but never I'm going to travel thousands miles
and pic a cat from your shelters. Unwanted cats are problem but not so
big problem in my country as in yours.And there's always going to be
people who are willing to buy purereed cats as well.So far I've
managed to find good homes for my kittens and I do occasionally visit
them.I don't inform the owner when I'm coming to visit them.My cats
are healthy and vacinated and I take good care of them.You can have
your narrowsighted opinions for yourself and have your catproblems,I
don't have problems with cats.This discussion from my part is over.
Sip

Old July 29th 03, 10:28 PM
*~*SooZy*~*

"Sip" wrote in message
om...
To all of you who answered to my question.Thank's for nothing.It's no
need to attack towards me when you don't know the bagrounds.

Where I am

living it's almost impossible to go to vet and just ask things and
even more impossible to call them cause they are always doing
homevisits when I try to reach them,

cut

that's another good reason not to breed kittens! supposing the queen gets
into difficulties while given birth and maybe needs a cesarian section? she
could die!!!!! if you love your cat how could you possible put her though
so much risk!

Sip

Old July 30th 03, 02:37 PM
kaeli

In article , sippe1
@yahoo.com enlightened us with...
[...]

And I had to walk 50 miles to school every morning, in the snow!!!
Barefoot!!! Uphill both ways!!!!!

Please.
Stop with the righteous indignation.

Cell phones are carried by vets and doctors who do home visits. Even if
there are no cell towers, I can't imagine people with no phones at all
to reach the vet. If there are no phones, how did you get online on the
computer?
And if the vets do home visits, why would you have to travel 50km (31
miles) to see them? BTW, 31 miles is not a big deal to me. I work 35
miles (56km) from my home. I drive there and back every weekday. So
don't try to tell me it's some big trek for you.

And just because people are willing to buy your purebred cats is
certainly no reason to breed them - that statement alone marks you as a
BYB. In it for the money.

Know that for every cat you breed and sell, an unwanted shelter cat
dies. And there ARE unwanted cats in EVERY country.

Bye bye.

Old July 30th 03, 03:07 PM
Arjun Ray

In , "*~*SooZy*~*"
wrote:

| that's another good reason not to breed kittens! supposing the queen
| gets into difficulties while given birth and maybe needs a cesarian
| section? she could die!!!!! if you love your cat how could you
| possible put her though so much risk!

Well, apparently there were no problems with the last litter, back in
November, so perhaps she figures there is no risk. Maybe she wants two
litters this year? It's about kittens for sale, after all.

Old July 30th 03, 03:07 PM
Arjun Ray

Old July 30th 03, 04:18 PM
PawsForThought

, sippe1
enlightened us with...
To all of you who answered to my question.Thank's for nothing.

I need to travel 50km's to get to
vet for even vacinations and for vacination I need to start trying
contact vet 1 month before I have planned to get the vacination

Even more of a reason to spay your cat! What happens if she develops mammary
cancer or pyometria? Please stop putting your cat at risk.

Lauren
________