Cat's fur won't grow back

Old January 30th 09, 09:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
June[_2_]

Default Cat's fur won't grow back

My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
tract problem. The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
bladder. The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown back. He
only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. He's an indoor cat so it's not a
big problem but it does seem strange. Do I need to be concerned?
.........June

Old January 30th 09, 09:58 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Matthew[_3_]

"June" wrote in message
My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
tract problem. The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
bladder. The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown back.
He only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. He's an indoor cat so it's
not a big problem but it does seem strange. Do I need to be concerned?
........June

June did you ever ask your vet about this

Yes IMO it is strange My Phantom and Rumble had their neck shaved and
several weeks later grew back

Old January 30th 09, 11:52 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
jmc

Suddenly, without warning, June exclaimed (1/30/2009 4:45 PM):
My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
tract problem. The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
bladder. The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown
back. He only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. He's an indoor cat
so it's not a big problem but it does seem strange. Do I need to be
concerned? ........June

Have a close look at the ends of the shafts of that peach fuzz - and run
your fingers lightly over it. Are the ends spit and ragged? Or smooth
and sharp? Is it the whole shaved area, or is the bare area bigger or
smaller now?

It's possible your cat is fur-mowing there now, keeping it short. When
my cat developed anxiety, she started licking her belly bare, so that
all that was there was bare skin, with peach fuzz around the edges.

At any rate, I'd contact your vet about it - if you can't tell, your vet
probably can.

jmc
Old January 31st 09, 05:08 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"jmc" wrote

It's possible your cat is fur-mowing there now, keeping it short. When my
cat developed anxiety, she started licking her belly bare, so that all
that was there was bare skin, with peach fuzz around the edges.

My gracie did this with her spay incision site for over a year, until she
got very comfortable with us. Her belly was pink and smooth, now it is
covered with cream colored fur and spots.

Old January 31st 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
MLB

June wrote:
My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
tract problem. The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
bladder. The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown
back. He only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. He's an indoor cat
so it's not a big problem but it does seem strange. Do I need to be
concerned? ........June

Have you considered a contact allergy? What does he sleep on? MLB
Old February 4th 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
dalmoaccor

On Jan 30, 4:45*pm, "June" wrote:
My male cat age 7 had his tummy shaved last August when he had a urinary
tract problem. * The vet had to put him under to get crystals out of his
bladder. * The procedure was successful but the fur has not grown back. * He
only has like a peach fuzz on his tummy. *He's an indoor cat so it's not a
big problem but it does seem strange. *Do I need to be concerned?
........June

If your dog, cat or horse is having skin problems we can help you, for
FREE! Nature Best Products, LLC is testing a new and revolutionary
product for pets and humans alike. The trials are being done and
supervised by DR. ROBERT BERGER (www.tunies.blip.tv). You can also
visit us at: www.stomacin-u.com You don't pay anything, we even pay
the S&H, we only ask for your honest opinion and to send us a simple
form provided by us, with some questions, that's it. We will not use
your information to sale you anything, nor do we share information
with any company. For more information please send an e-mail to:

Old June 12th 12, 06:43 PM
Sara Hix Sara Hix is offline
Junior Member

My girl kitty had the same bladder surgery and her tummy fur has not grown back either. It's been about 3 months. Just curious, did your kitty's fur ever grow back?