"Best Friend Forgotten" David Duchovney!!!!!

Old August 5th 03, 09:42 PM
Lickity

Default "Best Friend Forgotten" David Duchovney!!!!!

Hey All!

I just found out about this great opportunity for everybody to raise
funds.

David Duchovny is hosting a documentary on Pet-Overpopulation called
"Best Friend Forgotten" it will air nationally and internationally!

But, before it airs they are doing a 20 city premiere tour to raise
funds for each cities animal groups! I heard it might be at Radio City
Music Hall in NYC. Anyway, it's a huge event and an awsome chance to
raise money and get a ton of publicity.

I just signed up my group. I'm so excited!!!!!

You can get info about it at www.givevoicetoanimals.org

Keep posting and good job with all the animal rescue work!
Old September 2nd 03, 12:23 AM
Sean Maschue

Dear "Lickity" and other Cat Rescue groups.

My Name is Sean Maschue and I am the IT volunteer for the San
Diego Cat AdopTion Service (http://www.catadoptionservice.org)

We're a 501c3 no-kill, non-profit cat rescue group operating in San
Diego, and we've been approached by this "Give Voice To Animals" group
a few ways... and something about it just doesn't seem right.

Here are the reasons that we've compiled that make us suspicious.
*They want us to put money "up front" to get involved
*a google news search finds not a single article mentioning thi in
any news source.
*One tentative date is listed as October 31st, which is sadly the
worst day of the year for cats.
*The website and their fake email to groups (pretending to be people
wanting to buy tickets) encourages shelters to sign up... yet for
weeks their shelter signup was broken, and there seems to be no way to
see if any real shelters have signed up -- THERE IS NO LIST OF
PARTICIPATING SHELTERS on their website
*There is nothing on the KPBS website about the project
*The cost per city is listed at 30,000 dollars. That's more than
our annual operating budget!
*They say the Show date/venues is just tentative and will be
canceled if there are not enough tickets sold
*Its all supposed to happen in October/November yet no solid
dates/venues are scheduled yet.
*Searches on "duchovny" "overpopulation" on PBS's and animal
planet's own website (http://animal.discovery.com) come up empty. The
"www.givevoicetoanimals.org" site lists PBS & Animal planet as
sponsors, yet there is nothing in their websites about it.

All these things together seem make us highly suspicious. Hopefully
we're wrong, and it is a real fund raiser. We all know the pet
overpopulation is a real crisis. Several of us are just afraid that
con-artists might be trying to take advantage of Animal Rescuers big
hearts.

Did I mention that I'm just suspicious of anyone who uses more than
one exclamation mark in a subject line... let alone the five Lickity
"!!!!!" uses.

"I want to believe." but it something just doesn't seem right. It
seems a little to much like the "Free McDonald's" Salad hoax:
http://hoaxbusters.ciac.org/HBGiveAw...#mcdonaldsalad

Can any shelters our there vouch for the authenticity of this
fund-raising program. Have any shelters seen any real money back from
them yet?

If you would like to learn more about our all volunteer cat rescue
team, or make a donation of time or material -- please visit our
website: http://www.catadoptionservice.org

We place cats in only the best homes we can find for cats. This
means that cats will only be placed once they are spayed/neutered, and
only to homes that will keep them indoors only, and never "de-claw."
Our organization is truly unique in San Diego. No other group in town
has the unique policies and standards that we live by. We are an
all-volunteer, non-profit cat rescue organization. We have no
facility, but rely on foster homes to house our cats until they are
adopted. 95% of our kittens come directly off the street and from
kitty death row at various animal shelters throughout San Diego
County.

Sincerely,

--
Sean Maschue

(Lickity) wrote in message om...
Hey All!

I just found out about this great opportunity for everybody to raise
funds.

David Duchovny is hosting a documentary on Pet-Overpopulation called
"Best Friend Forgotten" it will air nationally and internationally!

But, before it airs they are doing a 20 city premiere tour to raise
funds for each cities animal groups! I heard it might be at Radio City
Music Hall in NYC. Anyway, it's a huge event and an awsome chance to
raise money and get a ton of publicity.

I just signed up my group. I'm so excited!!!!!

You can get info about it at