What Do you do? A Poll

Old January 16th 05, 12:09 AM
Sam Nash

"Tanada" wrote in message
ink.net...
Ok, I'm curious. What does everyone in here do for tuna money?

Computer networking for a grocery wholesaler including local- and wide-area
networking, Internet access and firewalls, wireless networking, telephone
troubleshooting for the above, part-time PBX administration, cellular
phones, etc.etc.

Sam

Old January 16th 05, 01:33 AM
Mishi

"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message

Absinthe is legal?!

Jill

Hi Jill,

Apparently it is legal in New York State, in the US also. I found a site
that sells it, and they are in Albany. (http://www.absinth.com/ ) Huh.

(Wondering if that is where they got the saying "Absinthe makes the heart
grow fonder." (?) G )

Patti

Old January 16th 05, 01:37 AM
Victor Martinez

Yowie wrote:
I like Virgin Mary's *more* than Bloody Marys, really can't taste much of a
difference between a non-alcoholic margarita and one with alcohol. In fact,

What on earth do they make non-alcoholic margaritas with? My margarita
recipe follows:

1 part freshly squeezed lime juice
2 parts cointreau
3 parts good tequila

Shake and serve with ice on frosted glass. If people have a sweet tooth
they can add some simple syrup to taste.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 16th 05, 01:41 AM
Victor Martinez

Karen Chuplis wrote:
So what is a good Cabernet Sauvingon this year without tipping $30.00? About

I can think of a few off the top of my head: Penfolds (Australia),
Becker (Texas), Yellow tail (Australia), Monte Xanic (Mexico)...

Australian wines are much more than Shiraz now... Please note that I
like big, bold cabs, so that's what I'm recommending.

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 16th 05, 01:44 AM
Victor Martinez

jmcquown wrote:
I'll help! And I promise not to spit the tastings on anyones shoes!

Spit? Bad Jill, bad!

Victor, who knows that's how it's supposed to be done, but who also
thinks wasting alcohol is as close to a sin as he believes...

--
Victor M. Martinez
Send your spam he

Old January 16th 05, 01:48 AM
Dan M

This is probably the single thing that drives me craziest about the
whole gay marriage debate. The anti-camp repeats this bromide until
everyone believes it somehow, but they never explain HOW that
"undermining" is supposed to happen. People making public arguments
that effect other people's lives should be held to rigorous standards
of logic, evidence, and clear, rational thought.

That's been one of my biggest questions too. How would legalizing gay
marriage endanger or undermine marriage? Here is one hetero who is fully
in support of legalizing gay marriage. I figure any relationship in
which two (or I suppose maybe more) mature adults who are truly in love
with each other is a good thing and should be encouraged.

Dan
Old January 16th 05, 01:58 AM
jmcquown

Mishi wrote:
"Mathew Kagis" wrote in message

Absinthe is legal?!

Jill

Hi Jill,

Apparently it is legal in New York State, in the US also. I found a
site that sells it, and they are in Albany. (http://www.absinth.com/
) Huh.

(Wondering if that is where they got the saying "Absinthe makes the
heart grow fonder." (?) G )

Patti

LOL I think I'll pass given the prices. I can live without the "Green
Farie" in my life. But I do wonder if the weird slotted spoon I inherited
from my Scottish grandmother from the turn of the last century might not be
an Absinthe spoon. Hmmm.

Jill

Jill

Old January 16th 05, 02:48 AM
badwilson

"Victor Martinez" wrote in message
jmcquown wrote:
I'll help! And I promise not to spit the tastings on anyones

shoes!

Spit? Bad Jill, bad!

Victor, who knows that's how it's supposed to be done, but who also
thinks wasting alcohol is as close to a sin as he believes...

I totally agree! I never spit. Dennis and I have had some great
times touring the wineries in Margaret River (the town we're planning
to move to). The best way to avoid getting too drunk is to eat some
tim tams between tastings. Mmmm, wine and tim tams :-)
--
Britta
Sandpaper kisses, a cuddle and a purr. I have an alarm clock that's

Old January 16th 05, 02:50 AM
badwilson

"Helen Miles" wrote in message
news:99b77482c41b1e52a1b6c5ab9bc0fb03.76411@mygate .mailgate.org...
"badwilson" wrote in message

We plan to move to Australia eventually, Dennis
will do his tours from there and I want to work part time in a

winery.
--
Britta//

Can i come visit? I'm sure I could help you sample the winery

produce to
check it's up to par! ;o)

Of course! We're planning on a nice guest room because we already
have dozens of friends and family members who are coming to visit.
Mind you, the more visitors we get, the more part time my work will
have to be. Maybe I should get into the tour guide business instead?
;-)

Old January 16th 05, 03:04 AM
Mathew Kagis

SNIP
I can think of a few off the top of my head: Penfolds (Australia),
Becker (Texas), Yellow tail (Australia), Monte Xanic (Mexico)...

Australian wines are much more than Shiraz now... Please note that I
like big, bold cabs, so that's what I'm recommending.

Victor.... I've heard that Texas has an up & coming wine industry... Have
yet to get my grubby little paws on any Texan wines, but I'm looking
foreward to trying some. Penfolds does nice work....However, I simply MUST
take issue with your Yelowtail reccomendation.... Popular stuff, without
question. Sadly it's popular for 2 reasons: Carbonic Maceration & Residual
Sugar.
Carbonic Maceration is the same process used to make Baujolais. Also
reffered to as whole berry fermentation, it draws color & fruit flavor from
the grape skin, without any of those pesky tannins. Making a 'soft, fruity'
drink now style of wine... If I want Baujolais (and I usually don't) I'll
buy a bottle.
Residual Sugar, as the name suggests, refers to the sweetness level in a
bottle of wine. Yellowtail boasts 11.5 grams per 750 ml bottle... More than
most Rieslings & Gewerztraminers... Migt as well drink coolaid & vodka.

Just my opinion
Mathew
Butler to 2 kittens: Chablis & Muscat
En Vino Veritas