Cat weight

Old February 27th 08, 03:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Ken[_3_]

Default Cat weight

How can you tell when your dieting cat has reached its normal weight? My
bathroom scale is not very accurate and I have no idea what she should
weigh anyway. Also, she was very overweight (17#) and has a lot of
leftover loose heavy skin making it difficult to judge her weight by her
outline.

TIA

Old February 27th 08, 05:09 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

On Feb 27, 9:36*am, Ken wrote:
How can you tell when your dieting cat has reached its normal weight? My
bathroom scale is not very accurate and I have no idea what she should
weigh anyway. Also, she was very overweight (17#) and has a lot of
leftover loose heavy skin making it difficult to judge her weight by her
outline.

TIA

Look at her from above (while she's standing). Her sides should go
*slightly* in (hourglass figure) and you should be able to feel her
ribs.
Old February 27th 08, 06:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Rene S." wrote in message
On Feb 27, 9:36 am, Ken wrote:
How can you tell when your dieting cat has reached its normal weight? My
bathroom scale is not very accurate and I have no idea what she should
weigh anyway. Also, she was very overweight (17#) and has a lot of
leftover loose heavy skin making it difficult to judge her weight by her
outline.

TIA

Look at her from above (while she's standing). Her sides should
go*slightly* in (hourglass figure) and you should be able to feel her
ribs.

If you can feel the vertebrae in her back she is probably too thin. It's a
really good idea to take your girl to the vet, after a big weight loss. For
$40 you can stop worrying. They'll weigh her, examine her, and congratulate
you on your hard work!

Old February 27th 08, 06:39 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
Rene S.

If you can feel the vertebrae in her back she is probably too thin. It's a
really good idea to take your girl to the vet, after a big weight loss. For
$40 you can stop worrying. They'll weigh her, examine her, and congratulate
you on your hard work!

Also a good idea. Can't hurt to take her in.
Old February 27th 08, 07:04 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
cybercat

"Rene S." wrote in message
If you can feel the vertebrae in her back she is probably too thin. It's
really good idea to take your girl to the vet, after a big weight loss.
For
$40 you can stop worrying. They'll weigh her, examine her, and
congratulate
you on your hard work!

Also a good idea. Can't hurt to take her in.

Vets love to see successful weight loss. I think they have lots of owners
with fat cats who think it is "cute" and don't realize how tough it is on
the cat.

Old March 3rd 08, 07:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.health+behav
yngver

On Feb 27, 9:36 am, Ken wrote:
How can you tell when your dieting cat has reached its normal weight? My
bathroom scale is not very accurate and I have no idea what she should
weigh anyway. Also, she was very overweight (17#) and has a lot of
leftover loose heavy skin making it difficult to judge her weight by her
outline.

TIA

We bought a baby scale and weigh the cats once a week. That way we can
keep track of who is losing and who is gaining.
-yngver