A very good evening with OtherKitty, aka Sweetie

Old December 18th 14, 04:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default A very good evening with OtherKitty, aka Sweetie

A very good evening with OtherKitty, aka Sweetie.

She is very quick about extending trust to me. Tonight, I brought out a
small towel to dry her off because she was wet. For a few minutes I got
the "Oh no! You are going to do something unspeakable to me with that
towel!" But she is very food focussed, so I was able to dry her off a
little while she ate. When she realized she was getting less wet, she
leaned into the towel.

Then I decided to try playing tickle tummy. At first, she turned quickly
away. Eventually, she lay down in a position that let me give her real
tummy rubs and tummy tickles.

I had been worried that she might be declawed, but when she got tired of
tummy tickles, she showed me I didn't need to worry . She grabbed my
hand with her claws, pulled my hand up to her mouth and gave me a light
nip. A few tail-swishes later, I went back to petting, to calm her back
down.

She also did a lot of walks around me, while rubbing against me as I
petted her. I was sitting on the porch to be closer to her level. She's
still not at the stage where she is curious about the inside of the
door, and picking her up is still not something she cares for, but I
haven't given up yet.

As for Pilot, I haven't seen Pilot since SugarKitten died. I HAVE seen
another kitten about SugarKitten's age, but with different markings, and
(barely) less skittish. Another kitten to work on...

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old December 18th 14, 02:05 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 17 Dec 2014 22:04:09 -0600, Mark Edwards
wrote:

[...]

Some progress indeed. Many cats don't like being picked up, even
pefectly friendly cats. My indoor cats don't really like it. Too much
loss of control I guess.