Gotta work on my timing

Old December 5th 14, 12:16 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Mark Edwards

Default Gotta work on my timing

Twice, I have gone outside to bring Miss Emily in at night, greeting her
with "Hi, sweetie!", just as our next door neighbor's
wife/girlfriend/whatever comes out of their apartment to leave for work.

I do hope she realizes that I am talking to a cat, and am not some weird
perv... ohwait, that may not change her mind.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark
Old December 5th 14, 12:52 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Stormin Mormon[_4_]

On 12/4/2014 7:16 PM, Mark Edwards wrote:
Twice, I have gone outside to bring Miss Emily in at night, greeting her
with "Hi, sweetie!", just as our next door neighbor's
wife/girlfriend/whatever comes out of their apartment to leave for work.

I do hope she realizes that I am talking to a cat, and am not some weird
perv... oh wait, that may not change her mind.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

Years ago, I heard a woman describe how she had got
a ride home from the pastor of the church. As he
was a true gentleman, walked her to the door. And a
brief, fatherly kiss on the forehead.

A couple days later, one of the neighbors commented
on seeing her making out on the porch.

"That was no man! That was Father Flannerty!"

Sigh. Some things don't sound as they are meant.

Anyone old enough to remember Johny Carson quote:
"Sure, if you'll move that damn cat."

-
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
Old December 6th 14, 07:13 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

On 12/6/2014 7:17 AM, Judith Latham wrote:
In article ,
Mark Edwards wrote:
Twice, I have gone outside to bring Miss Emily in at night, greeting her
with "Hi, sweetie!", just as our next door neighbor's
wife/girlfriend/whatever comes out of their apartment to leave for work.

I do hope she realizes that I am talking to a cat, and am not some weird
perv... ohwait, that may not change her mind.

Hugs and Purrs,
Mark

LOL. I'd like to have seen her face the first time it happened, that is
before she realised it was the cat man and his cat.

Judith

That reminds me of a time when I was growing up. We had a dog named
Honey. My Dad had planted an extensive vegetable garden in our front
yard. He often took honey out there with him when he worked in the
garden. She was normally good about staying close, but one day she
started to wander off down the street. When my Dad noticed, he whistled
and called, "Honey!" A young woman who happened to be walking by at the
time gave him a look. From then on, my Dad never called Honey anything
but "Dog".

Joy

--
Joy Unlimited