Awl Aboard! Orient Eggspress

Old December 2nd 04, 04:19 PM
Mlle. Anaïs

On 30 Nov 2004 14:37:10 -0800, Elizabeth wrote:

An older gentlecat, nattily attired in grey-striped suit and plain
grey gloves, strolls through the Gare de l'Est, purring quietly to
himself. If anyone were close enough to hear, they might catch a
strain of "Memory". But the only beings nearby are two porter-cats
pushing an old-fashioned travelling trunk (the kind like a leather
mini-armoire), and they are too occupied with their burden.

Pierre, the head conductor-cat, steps out from the train. "M.
Fitz-Tomas! It has been too long, monsieur! Welcome aboard!"

"Pierre, mon vieux, I am delighted to be with you again. Where have
you put me this trip?"

"You are in Cabin Huit in car 319. You see, I remember your
preferences! Shall you require anything now?"

"No, thank you, Pierre. If you would be good enough to stow my
luggage," - with a wave at the trunk - "I believe I shall indulge in
the bar car for a bit before departure."

"But of course, monsieur, of course." Pierre waves to the
porter-cats, who push the trunk closer. The gentlecat stops them
briefly and slips a few tunas into their hands, before strolling down
the train to the bar car and mounting the steps. A bit of "The Way We
Were" could have been heard floating on the air, were it not for the
noise of the train...

-- Montgomery Gawain FitzThomas, DOC

a petite persian, and her big yellow wink wave to Mr. Fitz Thomas

We iz so glad that yourownself iz joining usses!

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
12/2/2004 10:18:38 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com
Old December 2nd 04, 04:21 PM
Mlle. Anaïs

On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 07:55:45 GMT, Rebecca wrote:

Pardon me, Monsieur. My name is Rebecca, an I iz lookin fur my caterin
partner Tabitha. Hab yoo by any chantz seen hur? I beleev she wuz going to
meet me heer at da train.

Hihi Rebecca! Anaïs and Tiger wave from their window seat

I fink dattid dey just got on da train. I'll send Pierre to help
yourownself get settled. See you attid dinner!

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
12/2/2004 10:20:28 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old December 2nd 04, 04:37 PM
Mlle. Anaïs

On Tue, 30 Nov 2004 12:42:42 -0600, Miss Violette wrote:

Tiger steps up to the seat and smurgles, This iz wonnerful, anna did you
seez alla dat fud? I kan see ifin nofun elze we kan orderz fud anna watch
da out go by, butted wif alla our friendz komin we willz haf lotz more ta
du, Tiger, snugglez up close anna iz veri happi

Tiger and Anaï are snuggled on the window seat on the bow-window in their
stateroom when a knock is heard on the door. A wait-kitty comes in pushing
a silver cart

"Would you please serve us over here?" The wait-kitty then puts down a
white linen table-cloth between them, and on it a platter of smoked salmon,
some small buttered toast squares and a small blue can with Russian writing
and a picture of a fish on it on it - Tiger looks at it quizzically.... The
waiter then brings in a wine-bucket, and shows Anaïs the bottle:
"Tattinger, 1939 as you ordered, Mademoiselle. Shall I open it?"

Anaïs nods, and the wait-kitty pops open the cork with a "pop", and pours
them each a flute. "Will there be anything else, Mademoiselle?" She pauses
- "Yes, please send the same order to a gentlecat named M. Fitz Thomas, who
is in the lounge, please. And put it on my bill, if you would."

She takes the small blue can and opens it - turning to Tiger: "Dis iz
Beluga caviar. Haff you effer hadz it before?"

She picks up a piece of the toast, puts a strip of the salmon on it, then
a generous spoonful of the caviar, then a little squirt of lemon, and feeds
it to Tiger.

She picks up the flute of champagne and smurgles Tiger. "To usses, my dear
boycat. To usses."

--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
12/2/2004 10:22:15 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old December 2nd 04, 09:27 PM
Miss Violette

I didn't efur haf dis befur, Furry haz talked 'bout itself butted soft izunt
innerested init attall, her only once in a whilez willz taste esc eska
snailz, butted onliest ifin dey iz inna garlic butterz,,, He tates the snack
anna purrz lowdly anna 'profingly, drinkz a bit of wine anna iz very
pleazed...

I hope we getsa meet dat new kitty you sended sum fud to, I think him sounds
like a very hiklass kitty, Tiger just happy ta be wif hiz wink
.. .

Old December 5th 04, 02:52 AM
Arlene Knop

Black and tan tabby with white, dressed in a lavender trenchcoat, fedora
hat and dark glasses, steps lively at the sight of friends.

Hey gurls! Slow down a bit so I kin ketch up!

Gretchen Marie, VC, hoping she rememfurred her Privat Detektif Kit

Beverly Orel wrote:

Dare's duh train! isn it gorjus?? cummon gurls, let's hurry up an get on."
Samantha, duh oldest an self-appointed "Momma" uv duh cuzzincatz, prods them
to the train.
"Oooh--lookit awl doze delishus fishees! Sammon--yum!

Three liddul gurls frum skool (no, frum Noo Jersee!!) bord duh Orient
Express.

Samantha, fur duh groop

"Mlle. Anaïs" wrote in message
. ..
A porter twinkles and Anaïs and Tiger emerg in the train station. On the
tracks are the royal-blue cars of the Orient Express, the crew busy
polishing brass and shining windows.

A thin, tabby with pince-nex approaches. Bonjoyr! I am Pierre the
head-conductor; welcome to the Orient Express. You must be Mlle. Anaïs and
Tiger! Let me show you to your stateroom!

They walk alongside the train, and Tiger notices porters loading crates of
food into the kitchen cars - some are marked: Lobster, Oysters, Red
Snapper, and too many more to count.

They enter an oak-paneled longue car with various arrangements of
kitty-pillows and low tables, and pass by a wet-bar where another kitty
greets them.

"Here iz yourown stateroom" speaks Pierre as he holds the door open for
them; "Will there be anything else?". "No thank you, Pierre", says Anaïs,
and she climbs into the bow-window with a kitty seat.

Ahh, Tiger, letz relacks heer wile we waits fur owr friendz to arrive, as
she moves over and leaves room for Tiger to snuggle against her.

Dis iz goink to be a wunnerfull 'venture, my luff! smurgle
--
Purrs,

Mlle. Anaïs
11/30/2004 11:40:57 AM
anais+at+electric-ink+dot+com

Old December 5th 04, 05:45 AM
Rebecca

"Mlle. Anaïs" wrote in message
On Wed, 01 Dec 2004 07:55:45 GMT, Rebecca wrote:

Pardon me, Monsieur. My name is Rebecca, an I iz lookin fur my caterin
partner Tabitha. Hab yoo by any chantz seen hur? I beleev she wuz going
meet me heer at da train.

Hihi Rebecca! Anaïs and Tiger wave from their window seat

I fink dattid dey just got on da train. I'll send Pierre to help
yourownself get settled. See you attid dinner!

Oh, gud, fangks gize! Heer comes Pierre now. Dese Orient Eggspress
employese shur luks snappee in dere ooniforms.

Rebecca