"RJ" has many visitors!

Old December 22nd 04, 01:42 PM
katdad

Default "RJ" has many visitors!

My huge orange fuzzball, "RJ" and I live in a 1st floor apartment in
Houston. RJ is a 100% indoor type of guy.

We have a private patio out back, with a high redwood fence. RJ was
unfortunately declawed (boo!) by his former owners but now this works
to advantage, since he can't climb and therefore can play out on "his"
patio.

RJ has several visitors to his patio domain. First is a very fussy
squirrel who hangs on the tree branches above and chatters away. RJ's
not impressed. He prefers Sandy Squirrel on Spongebob.

Then the Bluejay who also chatters and fusses at RJ when he's basking
outside. RJ is likewise unimpressed.

His most fun visitor is "Bad Black Kitty" who lives nearby, and is
always teasing RJ. I thing that BBK is a girl and she's trying to vamp
him, like some tavern girl would do a country bumpkin. She hangs around
outside the fence and hisses and calls to him through the slats:

"Hi, there, big boy! Wanna get together tonight? Let's go howl at the
moon."

And now, RJ has discovered a NEW guest. It's a medium size oppossum
that I saw late last night, prowling the patio and eating the pecans
that fall there.

RJ of course wanted to go out and "play" but I told him no way. "If you
did that, pal, you'd be headed over to Dr. Paula's place for some shots
and a patch job for sure."
So RJ is very busy these days, with all his patio pals.

Old December 22nd 04, 02:41 PM
Karen Chuplis

in article , katdad at
wrote on 12/22/04 6:42AM:

[...]

Wow. That's quite the parade you've got going on there!

Old December 22nd 04, 03:14 PM
dirtylitterboxofferingstospammers

Speaking of visitors reminded me of when I was a kid. The cat who shared his
life with us back then was Fang. Fang was a lovely, sweet-natured black cat.
One of my brother's friends had a cat - also a black male, named "That Darned
Cat". That Darned Cat was also a lovely cat - a huge black male. Both Fang &
TDC were neutered. Almost every day TDC would stroll down to our house, park
himself in the back garden and meow to Fang. On hearing his friend, Fang would
rush to the back door and meow to be out. The two cats would sit in our back
garden together, for *hours* at a time. They were like two old gents who have
been pals for years, meeting up to sit on a park bench & watch the world go by
as they reminisced about the past. Indeed Fang & TDC would talk to each other
in meows and chirrups. They'd have games where they'd pounce on each other from
out of the rose bushes and they'd have wrestles on the lawn. But it was *never*
vicious or ill-tempered, these guys were best of friends.

Cheers, helen s

**$om $

Old December 22nd 04, 03:31 PM
O J

katdad wrote:

My huge orange fuzzball, "RJ" and I live in a 1st floor apartment in
Houston. RJ is a 100% indoor type of guy.

We have a private patio out back, with a high redwood fence. RJ was
unfortunately declawed (boo!) by his former owners but now this works
to advantage, since he can't climb and therefore can play out on "his"
patio.

---------------------snip----------------------

Sounds like RJ leads an interesting life. It's nice that you can let
him outside in relative safety. We once had a second floor apartment
with a great patio. We used to let the girls, Misty and Lady Jane
Grey out there and never worry about them. Then one day, Janie
decided that it wasn't too far for a kitty to jump down -- big
commotion and search turned up Lady Jane in front of the neighboring
building (whew!).

It's always nice to hear from a new poster and hear about a new kitty.
Three of mine were declawed by previous owners. You'd think that even
a person ignorant of the effects of declawing would consider the act a
promise to the kitty of a forever-home. If you ever decide to expand
your family, you can adopt a declawed cat, but we've never had a
problem with mixing clawed and declawed kitties.

Regards and Purrs,
O J