I use Puppy

Old March 19th 09, 02:35 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Tabbeycat

Default I use Puppy

Puppy may mean a babee d*g, but it's also the name of a really good
Linux distribution. Puppy Linux is designed to run well on older PC's.
It also is available wif OpenOffice, a free office suite(ChubbyPuppy).
By default, the web brouser is SeaMonkey, which is a new version of
Mozilla.
If mew're intrested in Puppy, download it here and burn it to a CD:
http://www.puppylinux.com/download/index.html
Usin Puppy
and lovin it,

Lori
Old March 19th 09, 07:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009 07:35:34 -0700, Tabbeycat wrote:

Puppy may mean a babee d*g, but it's also the name of a really good
Linux distribution. Puppy Linux is designed to run well on older PC's.
It also is available wif OpenOffice, a free office suite(ChubbyPuppy).
By default, the web brouser is SeaMonkey, which is a new version of
Mozilla.
If mew're intrested in Puppy, download it here and burn it to a CD:
http://www.puppylinux.com/download/index.html
Usin Puppy
and lovin it,

Lori

We're running Debian on our home server and Ubuntu on Paw's laptop. We'll
have to look in to Puppy.

Amelia T Cat
Old March 19th 09, 10:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Adam[_3_]

Tabbeycat wrote:
Puppy may mean a babee d*g, but it's also the name of a really good
Linux distribution. Puppy Linux is designed to run well on older PC's.
It also is available wif OpenOffice, a free office suite(ChubbyPuppy).
By default, the web brouser is SeaMonkey, which is a new version of
Mozilla.
If mew're intrested in Puppy, download it here and burn it to a CD:
http://www.puppylinux.com/download/index.html
Usin Puppy
and lovin it,

Lori

Linux better becuz haz 'cat' & 'man' commands!

Louise
=====
I'll add that OpenOffice.org and SeaMonkey also have a Windows version
available, and I think one for Macs too. Both are free and are
excellent programs -- in fact, they're the ones I use.

I've heard good things about Puppy Linux. I considered it last year
when I had a /really/ old system (100 MHz 486, 40 MB RAM) to play around
with, but I couldn't come up with any uses for that system. BTW I run
Mandriva Linux at home, but am in favor of everyone running any
distribution!

Adam
Old March 20th 09, 10:14 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Tabbeycat wrote:

Puppy may mean a babee d*g, but it's also the name of a really good
Linux distribution. Puppy Linux is designed to run well on older
PC's. It also is available wif OpenOffice, a free office
suite(ChubbyPuppy). By default, the web brouser is SeaMonkey, which
is a new version of Mozilla.
If mew're intrested in Puppy, download it here and burn it to a CD:
http://www.puppylinux.com/download/index.html
Usin Puppy
and lovin it,

Lori

I've been using Linux for years. After trying several distributions
I've settled on Ubuntu Linux, from South Africa. Everything is
totally free under Ubuntu and it works well. I may take a look at
Puppy or Sea Monkey if I find the time, which is unlikely.

--
Peace,
Fred
Old March 20th 09, 11:15 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

...... I may take a look at
Puppy or Sea Monkey if I find the time, which is unlikely......

Duz diz mean u finded a toona plaze and are buzzie now" O T thinking this
would be a good thing.

Old March 20th 09, 06:26 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred[_2_]

Granby wrote:

..... I may take a look at
Puppy or Sea Monkey if I find the time, which is unlikely......

Duz diz mean u finded a toona plaze and are buzzie now" O T
thinking this would be a good thing.

No, it means I'm busy job hunting and although there are a couple of
good possibilities, the situation is rather less than I had expected.
I may not be on the computer much longer.

Old March 20th 09, 09:34 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

I am discovering that life can, at times, be a lot less than we expected.
We just keep going as best we can.

OT Puppy Cam Cheryl Cat anecdotes 5 February 1st 09 12:03 PM
cat and puppy janet hodson Cat health & behaviour 3 October 3rd 06 06:57 AM
The puppy John Biltz Cat anecdotes 1 October 30th 03 07:02 PM