Buffy's Closet Caper

Old September 30th 15, 03:07 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Buffy's Closet Caper

I have a cousin I haven't seen since I was a little girl. He's about 7
years older than I am and lives on the west coast of the US in the state
of Washington. I haven't seen him since I was about 9 years old but
we've kept in touch. I'm the only one who has kept touch with that
branch of the family over the years.

I've been digging through some old photo albums and scrap books looking
for photos to scan for him. I've got old pics of his dad from childhood
to the 1940's and 50's.

The old photo albums are in the closet in the second bedroom. Buffy
decided this would be an excellent time to explore that room. Not that
it has ever been closed off, she just didn't seem interested before. I
should have known she'd follow me. I was too absorbed in the old pics
to notice.

She must have thought, "Wow! A new fun place to explore!" She didn't
realize I'm obsessive about closing closet doors.

It's a good thing I'm also obsessive about putting things back where
they belong. I went to put the photos back in the albums (which were
stacked on the bed). I heard a plaintive "mew?" Uh oh, the darn cat
went and got herself shut in the closet.

Jill
Old October 2nd 15, 08:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 10:07:09 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

I have a cousin I haven't seen since I was a little girl. He's about 7
years older than I am and lives on the west coast of the US in the state
of Washington. I haven't seen him since I was about 9 years old but
we've kept in touch. I'm the only one who has kept touch with that
branch of the family over the years.

It's a good thing I'm also obsessive about putting things back where
they belong. I went to put the photos back in the albums (which were
stacked on the bed). I heard a plaintive "mew?" Uh oh, the darn cat
went and got herself shut in the closet.

Jill

You're being bad. You know that they don't like closed doors.
Old October 3rd 15, 04:22 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

It's a good thing I'm also obsessive about putting things back where
they belong. I went to put the photos back in the albums (which were
stacked on the bed). I heard a plaintive "mew?" Uh oh, the darn cat
went and got herself shut in the closet.

Jill

You're being bad. You know that they don't like closed doors.

Yes, I'm a terrible cat mom. That's a room I rarely venture into.
I've got no real reason to and for some reason Buffy hasn't bothered,
either. There's a nice comfy bed in there she could snooze on but for
the most part she ignores the room.

Buffy has never shown much interest in whether or not closet doors are
closed. I keep the door to the walk-in closet in my bedroom closed and
she doesn't care.

Persia would have pitched a fit about it. Open that door, NOW! She was
always meowing at closed closet doors. This house has a lot of closets.

Jill
Old October 3rd 15, 09:21 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Christina Websell

"jmcquown" wrote in message
[...]

It's good that you heard her. I was always worried in case KFC got herself
shut in somewhere because she couldn't meow. She used to open her mouth but
no sound ever came out.
I read somewhere that feral cats communicate with each in other in such high
pitched tones that humans cannot hear them and that they have to learn to
lower their pitch so people can hear them. I don't know if that's true.

I could certainly hear her purr. She had such a loud purr that if she was
sitting upstairs purring to herself, I could hear her from downstairs ;-)
Boyfie can meow quite well (especially at my bedroom door in the morning
when he wants me to get up!) but his purr is 2/10 on the purr scale, he has
a very quiet purr.
Kitty's purr would score 10/10.
On the meow scale Kitty would score zero. She thought she was meowing (and
probably was in her world) but I couldn't hear her, and there's nothing
wrong with my hearing. On the meow scale Boyfie's usual conversation would
be maybe 3. For insisting about food time (not necessary now) probably a
7. For being shut in a wardrobe accidentally a big fat 10 ;-)

Tweed

Old October 10th 15, 03:41 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Takayuki

On Wed, 30 Sep 2015 10:07:09 -0400, jmcquown wrote:
She must have thought, "Wow! A new fun place to explore!" She didn't
realize I'm obsessive about closing closet doors.

It's a good thing I'm also obsessive about putting things back where
they belong. I went to put the photos back in the albums (which were
stacked on the bed). I heard a plaintive "mew?" Uh oh, the darn cat
went and got herself shut in the closet.

Dot's an enthusiastic closet rummager, so she never gets shut in them.

Locked in the closet for a month... ~*LiveLoveLaugh*~[_2_] Cat anecdotes 2 May 6th 11 11:20 PM
The (Almost) Dumpling Caper jmcquown[_2_] Cat anecdotes 5 August 13th 08 12:10 AM
Out of the closet Singh Cat anecdotes 24 August 1st 06 04:50 AM
The Great Cockroach Caper CatNipped Cat anecdotes 59 April 22nd 05 01:47 AM
pee on carpet in closet k conover Cat health & behaviour 27 September 15th 03 11:05 PM