Shut Up, Buffy!

Old October 23rd 15, 11:20 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
MaryL[_2_]

Default Shut Up, Buffy!

On 9/22/2015 10:54 PM, jmcquown wrote:
On 9/22/2015 10:43 PM, Jeßus wrote:
On Tue, 22 Sep 2015 17:29:36 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

First time I've encountered this with Buffy. I don't know what got into
her last night. We were asleep. She was on the bed next to me. At
around 1AM she started meowing. I immediately woke up and asked,
"What's wrong, girl?" I gave her some scritches and she settled down
again.

No sooner had I dozed off, she started meowing again. She had food,
water. I'd just scooped the litterbox before I went to bed. There are
toys galore in the living room. I know there are no monsters in the
closet. Heheh.

This went on for the rest of the night. I'd doze off, Buffy would start
meowing.

I tried ignoring her meows. That just led to her climbing over me to
make sure I woke up. It appears for some reason Buffy did not want me
to sleep last night.

As 5AM approached I was *really* irritated. I briefly thought about
shutting her out of the bedroom. That just proves I was sleep-deprived
and not thinking clearly. LOL I *know* she would not be quiet if I shut
her out of the bedroom. She wouldn't understand it anymore than I
understood why she kept waking me up.

Needless to say I'm a tad cranky today. I'm going to try to wear her
out with the fishing wand toy shortly before I go to bed tonight.

Is it boredom causing Buffy to do that?

Yes, it's possibly boredom. I don't know what else I can do to
entertain her. She's got tons of toys and we play every day.

This is the first time since I adopted her (in June) she has tried to
disturb my sleep.

Jill

It may be as simple as a night when Buffy couldn't sleep, so she decided
to engage you in play. I occasionally will have a nigh when I can't
sleep, so I will finally give up trying and get a book to read. I don't
think it will work to give Buffy a book, though!!! Hopefully, that's
all it was and will not occur again.

MaryL