I Sat on My Cat!

Old October 12th 15, 01:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default I Sat on My Cat!

Buffy's fine. The weather has been delightful for a few days, temps
in the 70's, windows open. I was on the couch reading and had a light
throw over my legs. Buffy was on the back of the couch looking out the
window. I got up to do something. Little did I know Buffy had decided
to curl up underneath the throw. I sat down... SQUEAK! Sorry girl! I
didn't mean to sit on you!

Jill
Old October 12th 15, 10:42 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
The New Other Guy

On Mon, 12 Oct 2015 08:43:10 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:

Buffy's fine. The weather has been delightful for a few days, temps
in the 70's, windows open. I was on the couch reading and had a light
throw over my legs. Buffy was on the back of the couch looking out the
window. I got up to do something. Little did I know Buffy had decided
to curl up underneath the throw. I sat down... SQUEAK! Sorry girl! I
didn't mean to sit on you!

Been there, DONE that, just not recently.

Old October 13th 15, 09:23 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Lesley Madigan

On Monday, October 12, 2015 at 12:43:15 PM UTC, jmcquown wrote:
Little did I know Buffy had decided
to curl up underneath the throw. I sat down... SQUEAK! Sorry girl! I
didn't mean to sit on you!

We've all done that

Redunzel's revenge was to trip me up on the stairs in 2007

She crossed the Bridge aged 8 in 2011

My ankle has never been the same since

Lesley

Slave of the Fabulous Furballs

Old October 14th 15, 05:04 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

Buffy's fine. The weather has been delightful for a few days, temps
in the 70's, windows open. I was on the couch reading and had a light
throw over my legs. Buffy was on the back of the couch looking out the
window. I got up to do something. Little did I know Buffy had decided
to curl up underneath the throw. I sat down... SQUEAK! Sorry girl! I
didn't mean to sit on you!

Jill

Yup, if you have enough cats, eventually you sit on or step on one. At
night I drag my feet on the floor since there's always a chance of
stepping on a cat. Or, more likely, cat vomit. We've probably all done
that as well. And you KNOW what it is when you step in it. That
usually turns a stumbling half-sleep walk to the bathroom into a wide
awake groan.
Old October 14th 15, 08:53 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

Buffy's fine. The weather has been delightful for a few days, temps
in the 70's, windows open. I was on the couch reading and had a light
throw over my legs. Buffy was on the back of the couch looking out the
window. I got up to do something. Little did I know Buffy had decided
to curl up underneath the throw. I sat down... SQUEAK! Sorry girl! I
didn't mean to sit on you!

Jill

Yup, if you have enough cats, eventually you sit on or step on one. At
night I drag my feet on the floor since there's always a chance of
stepping on a cat. Or, more likely, cat vomit. We've probably all done
that as well. And you KNOW what it is when you step in it. That
usually turns a stumbling half-sleep walk to the bathroom into a wide
awake groan.

BTDT with the vomit. Major squick factor! Buffy has yet to vomit or
even hork up a hairball (there's no mistaking that sound, either).

My poor Persia (RB 2014) had a sensitive stomach which did not bode well
for the white low-pile carpeting in this house.

Jill
Old October 14th 15, 08:30 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

The whole living room of the house I just moved into has a white
lowish pile rug. I'm doing the best I can but the atrium entrance
isn't far from that rug and the cats come in with dirt on their feet
and sometimes veer onto the rug. I don't think that they actually seek
it out, but often enough.
Old October 14th 15, 10:32 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Bastette

wrote:

Buffy's fine. The weather has been delightful for a few days, temps
in the 70's, windows open. I was on the couch reading and had a light
throw over my legs. Buffy was on the back of the couch looking out the
window. I got up to do something. Little did I know Buffy had decided
to curl up underneath the throw. I sat down... SQUEAK! Sorry girl! I
didn't mean to sit on you!

Jill

Yup, if you have enough cats, eventually you sit on or step on one. At
night I drag my feet on the floor since there's always a chance of
stepping on a cat. Or, more likely, cat vomit. We've probably all done
that as well. And you KNOW what it is when you step in it. That
usually turns a stumbling half-sleep walk to the bathroom into a wide
awake groan.

Sitting on a cat isn't as bad as stepping on them - usually a foot or a
tail. In either case, they get my full weight on them, but if I'm stepping
on the cat, all that weight is concentrated in the small area of my foot,
so it's a lot worse. Usually if I start to sit on a cat, they make a fuss,
and either I get off them or they wriggle out. The worst that has happened
is a lot of kitty annoyance. I'd have to land with a lot of force for my
butt to do serious damage. But I worry about their delicate bones when I
step on a kitty's foot (the screaming is much louder, too).

--
Joyce

The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a
sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat. -- Michael McGarel
Old October 16th 15, 03:47 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

wrote:

[...]

I don't think that I've ever stepped on one with full weight. That
would certainly result in a very unhappy kitty.
Old October 16th 15, 12:47 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

wrote:

[...]

Trust me, this white carpet wasn't my idea. In fact, my mom asked me
once, "Why on earth did I get white carpet?" She sure didn't ask my
opinion before she did!

Maybe you could put a small throw rug just inside the entrance to/from
the atrium could serve as a door mat. Their little paws would get sort
of wiped off on the way to wherever. Other than that, how are you
and the cats settling into your new home?

Jill
Old October 17th 15, 05:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
dgk

On Fri, 16 Oct 2015 07:47:26 -0400, jmcquown
wrote:
sfdn't far from that rug and the cats come in with dirt on their feet
and sometimes veer onto the rug. I don't think that they actually seek
it out, but often enough.

Trust me, this white carpet wasn't my idea. In fact, my mom asked me
once, "Why on earth did I get white carpet?" She sure didn't ask my
opinion before she did!

Maybe you could put a small throw rug just inside the entrance to/from
the atrium could serve as a door mat. Their little paws would get sort
of wiped off on the way to wherever. Other than that, how are you
and the cats settling into your new home?

Jill

I'm doing ok. It's a bit weird hanging out with Mom so much. Every day
she calls to find out what we're doing for lunch and dinner. But
someday she'll be gone so I do treasure each meal. I'm starting to put
a life together though.

I've been going through physical therapy for an aching shoulder, but I
finally had an MRI which showed that I have a tear where the bicep
meets the bone. That's actually fairly good news, although it means
that the physical therapy was pretty much a waste of time and money.

The rotator cuff is fine - that's the good news. And the tear won't
get worse if I use it so I'm back to playing tennis and I'm going to
be swimming more, maybe even surfing. The only thing is that it hurts,
and if it bothers me enough I can have it fixed and be back playing
tennis in two months. Pretty good news overall.

Scooter, Nipsy, and Marlo have adjusted pretty well. Baby, not so
well. Mostly she just hides under the bed during the day. She comes
out at dawn and dusk and I can pet her and brush her. But she isn't
really happy.

I'm looking into how I can rig up a temporary fence so I can let them
go out for a while. I really want to let them out but I don't want
them wandering around.