Compartments and fire.

Old October 15th 07, 05:36 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Fred Williams[_2_]

Default Compartments and fire.

We just had a fire alarm in our building and there was no trouble
getting Diana and Ryan into their travel cases, but Cinnamon was
running everywhere. He's always been such a panicy kitty and the bell
ringing makes him really scared. Just as Fred was leaving him behind
and going out the compartment door, the bells stopped and we all came
back in. It was nothing threatening, but a gudgud exercise. We can't
think of aenny way to get a panicky kitty into a cage in short order.
Maybe somehow establish it as a place of refuge. Sum day there might be
a real fire and we'd need to get hisownself out or ... well that could
be too hard to imagine, but we can't risk Ryan and Myownself just
because Cinnamon won't get into his travel carrier.

--
Regards,
Fred
Old October 15th 07, 05:38 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

tell da hooman ta chae hisef inna hooman litter box rum anna den da space iz
smallerta katchisef, Tiger

Old October 15th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Oh, that must have been a panicy time for all. When they get frightened,
there is just no catching them, Piglet is like that.

Glad it wasn't more serious and can imagine how you woould feel at haveing
to leave any one of them behind.

Old October 15th 07, 05:50 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
John Ross Mc Master

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:36:32 -0400, Fred Williams
wrote:

We just had a fire alarm in our building and there was no trouble
getting Diana and Ryan into their travel cases, but Cinnamon was
running everywhere. He's always been such a panicy kitty and the bell
ringing makes him really scared. Just as Fred was leaving him behind
and going out the compartment door, the bells stopped and we all came
back in. It was nothing threatening, but a gudgud exercise. We can't
think of aenny way to get a panicky kitty into a cage in short order.
Maybe somehow establish it as a place of refuge. Sum day there might be
a real fire and we'd need to get hisownself out or ... well that could
be too hard to imagine, but we can't risk Ryan and Myownself just
because Cinnamon won't get into his travel carrier.

keep nip and fudz in the carrier. make it his noo restorunt.
beauty

Old October 15th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Amelia T Cat

On Mon, 15 Oct 2007 12:36:32 -0400, Fred Williams wrote:

We just had a fire alarm in our building and there was no trouble
getting Diana and Ryan into their travel cases, but Cinnamon was
running everywhere. He's always been such a panicy kitty and the bell
ringing makes him really scared. Just as Fred was leaving him behind
and going out the compartment door, the bells stopped and we all came
back in. It was nothing threatening, but a gudgud exercise. We can't
think of aenny way to get a panicky kitty into a cage in short order.
Maybe somehow establish it as a place of refuge. Sum day there might be
a real fire and we'd need to get hisownself out or ... well that could
be too hard to imagine, but we can't risk Ryan and Myownself just
because Cinnamon won't get into his travel carrier.

We would have that problem too. Ranger, Harri, and I are easy to pick up
and put in our carriers but Cleo, Tabitha, and Sammy are very flighty. In
case of an emergency it would be very hard for our hoomins to get those 3
crated up.

Amelia
Old October 15th 07, 06:19 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Me

I've thought of this since I think I'd have trouble getting them into
carriers under the best of circumstances, so I have some extra pillow
cases that I can grab and stuff them it. Might not be the most
comfortable solution for the kitties, but it would have a higher rate of
success. Booker I'd just toss out the door, knowing that we can retrieve
him easily. Snowflake and Chappy I'd want in the pillowcases.

Julie

Old October 15th 07, 06:43 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Me

Tiger,

Datz a gud point. Meowmie awayz dus da divide an conquer ting wiht us.
She keepz closin doors after she makez sure der ar no kittiez in da rum.
Den weze stuck in da hall an way too ez to katch.

Booker

Old October 15th 07, 06:59 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

one thing owrz hoomanz haz did wuz ta putta alla kitty jailz by da furnt
door, in order of wait so any hoomin kan katch any kitty and depzit dem in,
Trudi, who knowz bowt gettin depozited
news

Old October 15th 07, 07:12 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Diz iz one of da gambyz greatest fearz. Her kud ketch us all but Piglet who
can hide betterin any kat we haz effen seen. Whenz we haf tornado warninks,
her putz us all in da dog kage and keepz us der untill all iz klear. Her
kud at leazst drag it someplaze if her hadz ta. Her haz a suitzkase on
wheelz and her lets uz play wif dat sometimes. Her hopz dat she kud use dat
if necessari. O. T. likink da suitdkase feri muchz.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
[...]

Where's the fire? Marina Cat anecdotes 18 November 18th 06 07:13 PM
[OT] A fire next door Karen Cat anecdotes 6 June 5th 05 03:30 AM
A fire next door Katz Cat anecdotes 0 June 1st 05 03:17 PM
Fire purrs jen.d Cat anecdotes 12 August 24th 03 11:48 PM
What happens in a FIRE? news.verizon.net Cat health & behaviour 24 July 29th 03 07:00 PM