Next year's Jellical Ball

Old November 9th 07, 01:56 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Granby

Default Next year's Jellical Ball

nonya how many. Saw sixty at least once though. Anyway, they had a
surprise birthday party for me today at work. Guess what, I seldom take a
day off but with taking willow to vet and dealing with details about scooter
dog, I just didn't feel like going in. Things were slow. So, it turned out
that the party people got surprised not me. They got even, they decided I
had to make chicken noodle soup for all of them (nine in all) tomorrow.
"Stormmee" wrote in message
LOL guess you really haven't been here in a while, you might ask gramby ho
is having a birthday this week, which one it is and who missed her own
surprise party, soft
squiffer wrote in message
news
Actually I'm a member of some 25 groups. I do a lot of feral and wildlife
rescue so I belong to a lot of those groups and corresponding vet-medical
conditions groups. And, of course such things happen,. However, no group
I've been in has fallen apart b/c of such events. We are sad, we mourn,
we
re-assign tasks and we go on. And that is precisely what we will do here
should anything (not likely) occur. What is the worst case scenario? That

we
must have the Jellicle Ball a few weeks later. Not terrible. I don't find
you mean spirited. I find the tact the topic has taken to be mean

spirited.

Now perhaps you are not interested in power - retaining it or losing it.

But
in every group there are leaders who obviously have power, be it ever so
small. And there is a sense of loss when that power is lost or
diminished.
In this group regarding this discussion, that is what I see at play. That

is
all I see at play. I do not sense any real concern for anyone's health or
feelings. If that were there, perhaps you would tread more lightly in a
group containing many people past 60 years of age. I am one of them and I
find such endless reminders of my mortality to be rather punishing. And
hurtful. And unnecessary. Can you not understand that? And if y'all have
lost sight of these kinds of feelings, then I suspect that it is because

you
really don't care.
kathyG

: This WAS a dead issur bu I have a question for you. How many groups or
: organizations have you belonged to? Has there never been a problem? I

was
: on a stste committee and a week before the convention, the lady in

charge
of
: nearly everything died of a heart attack.
:
: The comments you refer to were NOT made with any kind of a mean

spirited
: thought. I have been here for a year and if you had been around you

would
: know that this is the truth.
: "squiffer" wrote in message
: ...
:
: Now I thought we'd decided to stop beating this poor dead horse until
: after
: next year's ball. At any rate, this whole thread's taken a decidedly
: ghoulish turn and Halloween is well over.
:
: Imp old/new here so, let me tell you how I handle privately sent
flames.
: I
: publish them immediately to the group in which it belongs. That is
always
: my
: only response to them.
:
: I like this group and its ventures and I'd like to just have fun.
This
: power bickering, thinly disguised as worry that someone might become
sick
: or
: die is mean spirited and silly. I, have had enough of it. Haven't we
all?
: KathyG
:
:
:
: . : thank you, it seems prudent that somecat else understands the
process
: so
: : that if something comes up, *its not just our cats getting older*
that
: we
: : can as a group handle it, soft... thinking of two aunts and a
cousin
: passing
: : in less than a weeks time this summer
: : Sylvia M wrote in message
: : ...
: : These three posts make me feel proud of our group's good sense.
: : It is gracious of Melissa to offer to continue her services,
: : and also kind of Dan to offer to take over if necessary,
: : and then Trudi's suggestion of a transitioning period ties it all
: : together.
: :
: : This year can well be the transitioning period, with Mietze's
: : retirement deferred till after the 2008 Ball, and Bill 'learning
: : the ropes', and visiting auxillary groups in the meantime.
: :
: : IMHO
: :
: : Sylvia
: :
: : "Stormmee" wrote in message
: : ...
: : purrhapz unca dan kuld be yourown assistant anna learn alla

bowtda
: job
: : so
: : ifin der wuz a reazun himsef kuld step in fur yourownsef,...
diz
way
: : ifin
: : you hadda mergenci or getted sick da ball kuld go on anna nocat

or
: : hooman
: : wuld hafta be stressed owt or guilti, Trudi
: : Daniel Mahoney wrote in message
: : ...
: : All right. I've been carefully writing this in the past

tense,
: but
: : the last month has been literally one big headache and I'd
really
: : like
: : to be able to toss the whole thing out with the used litter

and
: move
: : on. I've been watching and haven't seen another cat

volunteer
or
: : accept nomination. If I missed it, PLEASE let me know, or
if
: : somekitty wants it but hasn't spoken up, please do so as
soon
as
: : possible. Otherwise, Mietze's retirement is deferred, to be
: : reconsidered after the 2008 Ball (Bast willing that we're

both
on
: : this
: : side of the Bridge next October).
: :
: : My heartfelt thanks to everyone who's written such kind

words.
: : appreciate it more than I could ever say.
: :
: : Melissa
: :
: : I actually would prefer that you remain as the keeper of the
list,
: as
: : you've always done an exemplary job of it. But if it is your
desire
: : retire from that function I would be willing to take over the
: function.
: : I know I wouldn't be able to do nearly as thorough a job as
you
do,
: and
: : it is not a job that's in my list of things I look forward to
: doing,
: : but
: : if doing so would allow you to accomplish what you want, I

would
be
: : willing.
: :
: : That said, I will not be at all disappointed if your reply is
that
: : you'd
: : like to keep doing the job for a least another year
: :
: : Dan
: :
: :
: :
: :
: :
: :
:
:
:
:

Old November 9th 07, 02:18 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

Oh dear. I guess we all get older, but somehow we don't think it should
happen to us or those we love. Our dear friend Sherry (from this newsgroup)
passed away suddenly very recently. It was so hard to see a tribute to her
this year at the ball. sigh It's hard to lose a friend. I'm sorry for
your loss.

"Stormmee" wrote in message
I just turned 48 but my best friend that went to the bridge 9 years ago was
2 days short of a year being a year older than my mom... and my best
friend
now, of course not counting DH is well you will have to get that out of
her,
Soft
Ellie wrote in message
I just had my 60th, and it's mind boggling. I look in the mirror and see

my
grandmother.

squiffer wrote in message
[...]

: "squiffer" wrote in message
: ...
:
[...]

: : Sylvia M wrote in message
: : ...
: : These three posts make me feel proud of our group's good
sense.
: : It is gracious of Melissa to offer to continue her services,
: : and also kind of Dan to offer to take over if necessary,
: : and then Trudi's suggestion of a transitioning period ties it

all
: : together.
: :
: : This year can well be the transitioning period, with Mietze's
: : retirement deferred till after the 2008 Ball, and Bill

'learning
: : the ropes', and visiting auxillary groups in the meantime.
: :
: : IMHO
: :
: : Sylvia
: :
: : ...

Old November 9th 07, 02:19 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

HAHAHAHA!!!

"Stormmee" wrote in message
and I forgot to say, not looking in the mirror and seeing my grandmother
is
on the very short list of why its fine I can't se, soft

squiffer wrote in message
[...]

: "squiffer" wrote in message
: ...
:
[...]

: : Sylvia M wrote in message
: : ...
: : These three posts make me feel proud of our group's good

sense.
: : It is gracious of Melissa to offer to continue her services,
: : and also kind of Dan to offer to take over if necessary,
: : and then Trudi's suggestion of a transitioning period ties
it

all
: : together.
: :
: : This year can well be the transitioning period, with
Mietze's
: : retirement deferred till after the 2008 Ball, and Bill

'learning
: : the ropes', and visiting auxillary groups in the meantime.
: :
: : IMHO
: :
: : Sylvia
: :
: : ...

Old November 9th 07, 02:26 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Ellie

Nice ta meetcha, Jane Eyre. I likes yore name.
PP

"squiffer" wrote in message
oh...........mmmm, well, I iz new. Einstein is my brudder an I got one
sister and 2 more brudders, so I iz wun o' five - and we gots Maw cat
here too, but she dont nefur com owt fur hoomins. We wuz living inna hole
in
a howse an wuz hungree most alla time till big Meowmie trapped us. Now
sumkatz of us iz gettin well fluffy (ub: fat I thinks.) We bin heer wun
year.
Jane Eyre

: Datz okay. Yoo are a pritty kitty. I habbint seen yoo before.
:
: "squiffer" wrote in message
: ...
: Meowmie is sumtimes foozed -she belongs to too menny groops. Pleeze
: furgive
: her.
: Jane Eyre (small blue gray cat with copper colored eyes, furry furry
: shykat.)
:
: : Yoo iz inna rong groop, Auntie, dis iz a CAT noozgroop, notta horse
: : noozgroop. An shurly not a dead horse noozgroop.
: : Princess Pasha, looking around an seeing not one single horse
: :
: :
:
: :

Old November 9th 07, 02:31 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Porter Cats[_2_]

This is the first year that I've been startled when I see my
reflection in the mirror ...

Old November 9th 07, 04:28 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
Stormmee

that is the thing I am thinking about, really, not taking ourselves, our
friends or the way things are for granted.... if we were in another format
I could regale you with the why's of my feelings and thoughts on this just
suffice to say nothing is permanent except for love, everything else needs a
contingency plan, soft

squiffer wrote in message
[...]

: "squiffer" wrote in message
: ...
:
[...]

: : Sylvia M wrote in message
: : ...
: : These three posts make me feel proud of our group's good
sense.
: : It is gracious of Melissa to offer to continue her services,
: : and also kind of Dan to offer to take over if necessary,
: : and then Trudi's suggestion of a transitioning period ties

it
all
: : together.
: :
: : This year can well be the transitioning period, with

Mietze's
: : retirement deferred till after the 2008 Ball, and Bill

'learning
: : the ropes', and visiting auxillary groups in the meantime.
: :
: : IMHO
: :
: : Sylvia
: :
: : ...

Old November 9th 07, 02:17 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
hizmuther

In article "Stacey
wrote:
I know; this group is amazing! I've met some of them in person at a
"clowder" sight unseen, even at their houses, just from meeting them
here. How often can you say that about people you've met on the
internet?

Stacey

Me too, Stacey! I haven't gotten together with anyone for quite a few
years now but that's only because of all the stuff that's gone on in
our life (moving three times, renting to a few Tenants from HELL,
building a new house, putting the new house on the market now, long
illness and death of my father, helping my mother cope with this and
her own physical limitations, etc. etc.). Things have been pretty
stressful for me for at least 3 years now. We've also lost several
animals in this period, including my 20-year-old Thaddeus, a true
nightmare from Hell. That said, it would be a pleasure to meet more
of you in the future and see some of mine old friends (and we iz
gettin O.L.D., izn't we?!sssnicker).Dolores (currently living in
Southeast GA, U.S.).

--
I'm trying a new usenet client for Mac, Nemo OS X.
You can download it at http://www.malcom-mac.com/nemo

Old November 12th 07, 11:33 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.community
The Clowder

"squiffer" wrote:

What is the worst case scenario? That we
must have the Jellicle Ball a few weeks later.

I'm sorry, I know everyone's sick of the whole subject, but...

The Jellicle Ball is about the **Tributes**...everything else is
frosting. At this point, it's so well established that the full moon
in October is the time to post eulogies that a blank message with the
header "Jellicle Ball Begins!" would be all it took to start things
off. Maybe not even that...tributes were arriving on my newsserver
before the Calling was sent out this year, and it's not the first time
that's happened.

The "frosting" (and I'd like to see more of it), builds a mood and
certainly adds a lot to it as an event, but it wouldn't kill the Ball
if any bit of it went missing...it hasn't so far.

Melissa

--
Remove the first m to reply