Tacky, Tacky, Tacky (OT)

Old March 5th 08, 07:01 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
jmcquown[_2_]

Default Tacky, Tacky, Tacky (OT)

Mom got a pre-printed "sympathy card" in the mail from Restorative Bodywork
Solutions, LLC (out of Beaufort, SC, in case you care). It said they are
sorry for her loss but maybe the enclosed 10% off coupon her for her first
visit would make her feel better! (Apparently they do massage therapies.)

Can you believe the nerve of these people?! Trolling death notices and
using them to drum up business?! (They're no better than ambulance - or in
this case hearse - chasers!) It's not often I get truly angry. This did
it!

Fortunately, they have a web site. Even more fortunately, they have a
Contact Us link, which made it very easy for me to tell them exactly what I
thought of them. This behavior is lower than low. It's crass, crude and
callous. Completely insensitive. They've only been in business since 2007;
I hope it tanks.

Jill

Old March 5th 08, 07:56 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
GaDragonfly

On Mar 5, 2:01 pm, "jmcquown" wrote:
[...]

That's rude and crude, without a doubt, and doubly so considering
where they are located. Obviously they're not from around that area
which is truly the "gracious south". Jill, I haven't been around
lately and haven't sent my condolences to you. I've been thinking of
you and sending purrs. The cats send gentle headbutts. A comment that
someone recently made has stuck in my mind. Something along the lines
of being glad you were there with your father at the end. I think more
than that, you'll never really realize what being there has given you,
but in years to come you'll never regret that you weren't there.
You'll never have to regret that you didn't put your life on hold for
a short time to give your parents the care and love that they needed
at this time. Good for you, girl, you make me proud.

Hugs,
Julie, and headbutts from Hobbes, Lacey, Sam and Barnabus
Old March 5th 08, 08:06 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Outsider

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

They've what? Gotten business this way?! Ewwwww....

Old March 5th 08, 08:08 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Joy

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Good for you! They should tank, with scummy techniques like that!

Joy

Old March 5th 08, 09:40 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
bobblespin[_2_]

"jmcquown" wrote in
:

[...]

Tacky indeed! Reminds me of the funeral parlor handing my husband an
envelope as we left for the cemetary after the service for his father. It
was the bill.

Bobble
Old March 5th 08, 09:51 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kyla =^..^=

"bobblespin"
"jmcquown"
Mom got a pre-printed "sympathy card" in the mail from Restorative
Bodywork Solutions, LLC (out of Beaufort, SC, in case you care). It
said they are sorry for her loss but maybe the enclosed 10% off coupon
her for her first visit would make her feel better! (Apparently they
do massage therapies.)

Can you believe the nerve of these people?! Trolling death notices
and using them to drum up business?! (They're no better than
ambulance - or in this case hearse - chasers!) It's not often I get
truly angry. This did it!

Those bas**rds!!!

Fortunately, they have a web site. Even more fortunately, they have a
Contact Us link, which made it very easy for me to tell them exactly
what I thought of them. This behavior is lower than low. It's crass,
crude and callous. Completely insensitive. They've only been in
business since 2007; I hope it tanks.

Jill

Ooooo, me too, that is sick and wrong IMO!!!

Tacky indeed! Reminds me of the funeral parlor handing my husband an
envelope as we left for the cemetary after the service for his father. It
was the bill.

Bobble

Ooooo, another sick and wrong thing.
What is wrong with some people?
It's all about the money.
I'm sorry for your DH's loss.

HUGS to both of you
Kyla

Old March 5th 08, 11:29 PM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Kreisleriana[_3_]

"jmcquown" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

I can't imagine they actually get much business that way. Jill, I am so
sorry that you and your mom had to see such trash.
--
Theresa, Stinky and Dante
drtmuirATearthlink.net

Old March 6th 08, 01:09 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
Flippy[_3_]

Yep, it is very tacky.

We had a tacky experience when my sister died. In her Will she had
bequeathed an amount of money to the SPASTIC CHILDREN'S SOCIETY here in
Australia. The executor of the Will took some time to sell her house &
belongings, etc, before the funds could be distributed. The SPASTIC
CHILDREN'S SOCIETY sent a letter to my MOTHER stating that if the "donation"
was not handed over immediately then they were going to SUE! Now how TACKY
is that?

Needless to say I have never donated to that organisation since that time.

Flippy.

Old March 6th 08, 01:36 AM posted to rec.pets.cats.anecdotes
[email protected]

Flippy wrote:

Yep, it is very tacky.

We had a tacky experience when my sister died. In her Will she had
bequeathed an amount of money to the SPASTIC CHILDREN'S SOCIETY here in
Australia. The executor of the Will took some time to sell her house &
belongings, etc, before the funds could be distributed. The SPASTIC
CHILDREN'S SOCIETY sent a letter to my MOTHER stating that if the "donation"
was not handed over immediately then they were going to SUE! Now how TACKY
is that?

Needless to say I have never donated to that organisation since that time.

Unbelievable. Why is someone who is obviously totally lacking in basic
social skills allowed to write letters to the public?? Because, you know,
it could be a really good organization, which just happens to have a
buffoon writing letters and acting like a jerk. Not that I blame you a
bit for deciding not to deal with them anymore. Whenever someone from an
organization contacts the public, they *represent* that organization,
and she made them all look really bad! You probably could've gotten her
fired, had you been so inclined.

Joyce